My Chemical Life

Pain.

I plopped down yet another box before falling onto the couch, cuddling to a pillow.

“Oi! Get up lazy,” Mikey said, kicking my foot after he put down his own box.

“Fuck you! I’ve been working for an hour straight and I’m still being nice enough to help you guys unpack!” I retorted, hugging the pillow tighter. He just rolled his eyes to retrieve another box.

“Oh stop your whining. There’s only one more box,” Ray said as he and Bob both came in holding a box each. Frank and Gerard skillfully placed the widescreen TV onto the stand a few feet from the couch I laid on.

“Shuddup,” I muttered, my eyes starting to close. Suddenly I was shoved and I fell off the couch.

“What the hell?!” I exclaimed, sitting up so fast I almost fell forward.

“Whoops?” Mikey said, trying to look like it was an accident.

“You’re a dead man Michael!” I hissed with a glare. He simply shrugged before picking up a box that read ‘Mikey’s stuff’ in big letters on the side and trudging down the hall. I groaned as I realized this meant that we had to start the unpacking.

“OH come on Lexi, be more energetic! I’ll give you skittles afterwards,” Gerard said with a grin.

“GIVE ME!” Frank and I shouted together with our hands held together like we were praying. He just laughed and headed down the hall to where him and Frank’s room would be. Frank followed soon after, grumbling about his boyfriend being Satan’s brother or something. I decided I would be nice and take care of the kitchen since Bob and Ray had already went to work on their room. As soon as I entered I groaned. Boxes filled the walls which made me wonder how much stuff they could have for one kitchen.

“Oh well. Let’s get to work!”

~*~Fifteen minutes later~*~

I was half way through with the kitchen when I saw a box that was actually Frank’s that was in here instead.

“That’s weird,” I muttered, picking it up. As soon as I did, however, the bottom opened and it’s contents spilled across the floor. I muttered a few choice words as I kneeled down to pick up the items. My hand froze over a paper and a feeling in my gut told me to pick it up. I did and saw that it looked like it had been fold over and over again. As I opened it up I saw red marked all over black pen.

I hate you!

“Why the hell do you always have to make my life complicated?!”

“Why the fuck do I even care anymore?!”

That was just a few of the things scribbled in the marker. Those words stung me and I didn’t even know who the hell it was about. This could have been from high school for him with how much it had been folded! My breath caught in my throat as I read the first line.

“I hate you Lexi!”

This could have been anyone that had a nickname Lexi. That is until I read the rest of the paper.

“I don’t know why the fuck I even adopted you from that orphanage! I should have left you to rot. You’re a fucking selfish, annoying, good for nothing brat! Ever since I adopted you it’s been nothing but drama! You have to always start something to be center of attention, no one else can have the spot light. And you’ve runaway for a third time now! It’s seems like you don’t give a damn, why should I? Maybe it is true, I just fucking took you in as a charity case. You surely got my reputation bigger. That’s all you’ve been useful for! I hate you! I hope you fucking get murdered wherever the hell you are. Be the annoying little emo kid that you were before I got you out of the hell hole. Slit your wrist and just die already. Your mom should have finished you off when she had the chance!”

That wasn’t even all of it, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I hopped to my feet and ran towards the back door, letter clutched tightly in my fist. I shoved past Frank in the hall who caught my arm.

“Lexi?! What’s wrong?” he asked frantically. I just yanked my arm back, wiping a few of my streaming tears away.

“Fuck you. I hate your guts. You pretend to give a damn about me and write this shit?!” I yelled at him, tossing the crumbled paper at him. He picked it up and his face paled instantly.

“Lexi I-” I quickly cut him off.

“No! I don’t wanna hear excuses. Get the fuck out of my life and STAY OUT!” I hollered with venom lacing every word. I shoved him back before running out the back door where the cold air blew through my hair. I ran into my house through the back door and slammed It shut. Jessie, Keith, Edward, Jimmy, Johnny, Matt, Brian, and Zacky all suddenly emerged from the living room.

“Lexi? What’s-” I turned on my heels and ran up the stairs, ignoring everyone’s calls after me. I slammed my door shut, locked it, then ran to my bathroom and locked that one. I climbed into the bathtub and sat with my knees to my chest sobbing.

“LEXI!” Matt yelled and then I heard banging on my door. I just buried my head into my knees, trying to block out the noise. As I did, memories started to flood my mind.

-Flashback-

”You little bitch!” my ‘mom’ yelled as she tossed a beer bottle towards me. I ducked but the glass caught me on my cheek and my wrist. I winced as ran to my room. I locked it shut and quickly dashed to the bathroom where I kept the first aid kit. I quickly clean up my cheek but watched as the blood fell from my wrist.

“No! I’m not stooping that slow!” I vowed myself. I cleaned that up before grabbing my iPod. I turned it on and My Chemical Romance met my ears. I walked into my room and let my eyes roam the five faces staring back at me.

“I will carry on,” I muttered.


“Lexi! Please let us in!” I heard Jessie plead.

“Go away!” I sobbed.

-Flashback Two-

”Mom! Please stop!” I sobbed.

“No! Another fight in school and suspension?! I’m tired of it!” she yelled, kicking me in the stomach yet again. I coughed up blood which splattered across the floor. Suddenly the door was forced open and five cops entered.

“Sasha Johnson! You are under arrest for the illegal use of drugs and child abuse. Hands in the air now!” one of them yelled. Her eyes grew wide and she tried to run off but was soon tackled by one of the cops. Three others went to take care of her while one, the only woman, helped me to an ambulance to get me checked out.

“Are you okay?” the officer asked. I zoned out on her and watched as my mom was pulled kicking and screaming to the cop car.

“You whore! I will kill you! I hope you fucking die!” she yelled right before she was shoved in the car. I watched her until the car disappeared into the distance.


Suddenly I was pulled out of my memories by the sound of a foot breaking through the bathroom door. It came through three more times before it opened. Brian rushed in first and he quickly picked me up and cradled me to his chest.

“What happened Lexi?” he whispered. My sobs grew and my body was shaking violently.

“He wa-wants me to die. He hates me. He wants me to go back to the orphanage,” I sobbed. I could see Matt’s eyes go dark and turn on his heels.

“Matt no!” Jessie yelled after him, running to catch him. Keith, Edward, and Jimmy all rushed behind.

“I have a feeling this won’t end very well,” Zacky muttered before running after the group.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Tina Terror