My Chemical Life

The Rock Show.

“I found Avenged!” Jessie suddenly yelled out. Edward, Keith, and I looked over from our game of poker to see Jessie smiling on the couch. Right now we were waiting backstage in our dressing room for our cue to go on. We were opening before the headlining band who we still don’t know who they are. I’m still shocked Silverstein opened for us.

“What are you talking about?” I asked her, placing down my hand. The guys groaned as I beat them for, oh the…tenth time?

“I found them,” she repeated, holding up a magazine.

“Oh,” the three of us chorused.

“Ugh. Why is she always with him?” she growled. I looked at the picture she was concentrating on and glared when I saw Leana. Are they ever going to break up? Apparently not.

She starts her new diet of liquor and dick,” I muttered. Clearly everyone heard since they all burst out laughing. We’re talking about Bring Me The Horizon a lot today.

“Guys. You're up,” a random stage hand told us before leaving again. Jessie tossed the magazine over her shoulder before skipping towards the door. I laughed before following with Keith and Edward on my trail. I got my guitar which was a lot like Brian’s but it was black with thin neon green stripes unlike his that has white ones.

“Well guys are you ready for The Grounded?” the Shane Todd asked. He was greeted with yells before he and the band left the opposite side of the stage. After a quick thumbs up from the whole band, we ran out. I waved as everyone took their spots.

“Hey guys! Silverstein was great! So does that mean you're ready for us?!” I yelled into the mic. I was replied with ear splitting screams even through my earplugs. I nodded to the guys and we started up. That was one of the most energetic crowds I’ve seen. There was even a guy that managed to get on stage, we sang together for about fifteen seconds, then he jumped back into the crowd. Five songs later our set was just about up, but a guy to the side said we could do one more song.

“Do you guys want us to play another song?” I asked. I heard screams but turned to Jessie with a sad smile.

“Pandora, I don’t think they want us to,” I told her in a depressed tone.

“Aw. I’m sure you guys want me, Edward, Rae, and Psych to play another one. Right?” The whole place screamed louder than before and I smiled happily.

“Alright guys. Here’s a song I wrote a while ago. Let’s play ‘Number One’!” I yelled. We started to play as I walked up to the microphone.

I saw my boyfriend hanging with this girl that I hate
He didn't have to tell why last night he was late
I can't believe what you tell me
Your lies have come undone
Now I'm living on the run looking out for number one

I took a ride to the city
Had to get out of this place
I just can't stand the pity
When the tears fall down my face
I used to think it was over
But it's only just begun
Now I'm living on the run looking out for number one

One day you'll see me but only when your dreaming
One day you'll say I was the one
I hitched ride on a Greyhound stashed away on a train
Bought a ticket for the subway
Playin' guitar in the rain
I wanna follow the rivers to an island in the sun
Now I'm living on the run looking out for number one

One day you'll see me but only when your dreaming
One day you'll say I was the one
Late at night trying to fight
I just might think about him
Right now I'm feeling fine
I'm better off without him ya!
One day you'll see me but only when your dreaming
One day you'll say I was the one
I know that on day you'll see me
I'll haunt you when your dreaming
One day you'll say I was the one
I'm number one
.”

We waited until the arena calmed down a bit as I took a sip of water, passing my guitar to a roadie. I walked back to the mic as the stagehands started to set up for the next band and Keith, Jessie, and Edward walked to the side of the stage.

“Alright guys. Our time's up. Are you ready to keep the night rocking?” I asked, smiling to the crazy teenagers and young adults. Shouts were my only replies.

“Okay give it up for-” I looked to see a piece of paper a roadie was holding up and nearly dropped my water. “…My Chemical Romance.”

Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself. Gerard came out first shortly followed by Mikey, Ray, and then Bob. Finally,Dad Frank came out with his infamous grin. I stayed planted to my spot with wide eyes as Gerard walked up to me smiling.

“I think Rae and the rest of The Grounded did great. What do you guys think?” Gerard asked the crowd, resting an arm around my shoulders. The hollers sound distant as I robotically walked off stage, no emotion visible on my face. Jessie and Keith were talking quietly to each other but I couldn't hear them, I was too busy thinking of the possibilities. What if they knew it was us? What if they tried to force us to go back to Jersey after this tour was over?

Did Avenged know about this?

That was the biggest question in my mind. They knew I’d be pissed, probably Keith and Jessie too. But then again if I did know ahead of time we’d probably never would have come on this tour. We needed this tour, no matter how bad wehated disliked a band. I sighed before heading out the back door. Surprisingly there were no fans in the back but that just made my job easier. There was a small hotel next door with a laundry room and showers. I desperately needed my clothes cleaned and a nice warm shower.

“Lex! Wait up!” I heard Jessie called after me. That didn’t slow my pace as I walked up the bus steps, peeling my soaked hoodie off my body. I tossed it into the hamper Jessie and I shared before picking it up. As I walked back into the living room Jessie stopped me.

“Are you okay?” she asked worriedly. I sighed and looked her straight in the eyes.

“To be honest, I don’t know. It all depends on if they know it’s us or not. I’m going to call Matt once I take a shower. Wanna come with so no one will make off with our clothes like some do?” I asked. She nodded and grabbed Edward/Keith basket. To make this short; we both took showers, cleaned everyone’s clothes, I changed into this, we did some autographs, and are now sitting on the bus, the whole bus putting away their clothes. Suddenly I remembered what I was going to do and pick up my sidekick.

“Put it on speaker,” Keith demanded as I started to call Matt. I nodded and pressed the button right as Matt answered.

Yo you rock stars, seeing as it’s probably on speaker cuz it is over here. How was the first concert?” he answered nervously.

“GUYS! IMMA KILL YOU!” I yelled. I could hear everyone on his side sigh.

Calm down. We talked to them and they don’t know it’s you guys,” Brian said soothingly. That calmed me slightly and I was still pissed.

“Okay but we’re still going to kick your asses,” Jessie replied.

So how was it minus that little detail?” Zacky asked.

“Awesome!” Edward exclaimed.

Well that’s good to hear,” Jimmy said. As soon as I heard him all I could think about was his “girlfriend”. “Pray For Plagues” started in my mind so I started to sing -not scream, well trying to- the lyrics.

“She starts her new diet, of liquor and dick.
Just like Hollywood, but laced in sick.
The sun goes down, and so does she.
The sun goes down, and so does she.”

SHUDDUP JESSIE!” everyone, and I mean my side of the conversation and Avenged, yelled. I giggled and grinned at the three who could see me. Good thing only my side knows why I sang that.

Sorry guys but we got to go. Bye,” the guys chorused.

Bye!” we yelled. As soon as we hung up I decided we should walk around the venue since we left in three hours. I ran and jumped on Keith’s back demanding a piggy back ride.

“I can’t! Your heavy!” he said, pretending to struggle under my weight.

“Oh, now you’re calling me fat?! Now that’s it!” I yelled. Suddenly I leaned far forward and we fell to the ground in a heap.

“Ow! Get off!” he yelled. I giggled before Jessie jumped on me shortly followed by Edward.

“Can’t. Breath!” I gasped out. Suddenly everyone got up but me and Keith. I rolled over with my eyes closed in pain. I opened my eyes to see a pair of converse followed by jeans and then a head few inches above mine.

“Hello,” the man said. My eyes went wide as I stared at familiar hazel eyes. My green contact ones grew in size.

Motherfucker of gay hell. Why couldn’t it be Oliver Sykes?!

Yeah, take a guess who it is? Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Frank Anthony -fucking- Iero.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit:
Title: Number One.
Artist: Skye Sweetnam.

<3 Tina Terror