In the End

Taking Advice May Not Be The Best Idea

I stormed into the city, pissed off about everything. He wanted me to chill out with her?! Fuck that.

I sighed, and walked into some store, even though I had no idea where I was. I was still fuming, even though I didn't know why. I was pissed off at Lizzie, and now Billie Joe. Why had we been having so much problems? Sure, a couple of times it was my fault... But he wasn't exactly innocent.

I slumped down onto a stool in the place, and rested my head on the counter.

"What can I do for ya, miss?"

I lifted my head, and looked at the person who was talking. It was some girl, that looked a little older than me... But not much.

"Nothing," I sighed, "Only time will tell..."

"Sounds like you have a problem"

I looked down at the counter, and slowly nodded.

"A guy?"

Once again, I nodded.

"What happened? I'm all ears"

I sighed, and looked up at her. "It just makes me wonder at times... If he really does love me. I mean, I love him... So much. And he can just be so stupid at times..."

"How long ya been together?" She asked, leaning on the counter

"2 years..."

The lady looked at me, and smiled weakly.

"You're just at that time, where you're gonna fight a lot. Most couples do it. They break down, argue, and then end up together for a long time..."

I nodded slowly, and looked back down. "I guess..."

"It just shows how strong you are. If you don't make up... Then it wasn't meant to be, right? Sounds to me you're meant to be"

"How would you know? You don't even know him" I snapped, "No... Wait, sorry-"

"I've seen it over the years. I'm married, and I went through it. Everyone does. Don't need to know someone to know how it goes. Every guy is the same, in the end"

I looked up at her, and then back down. "We just got to New York City-"

"Getting away?"

I started laughing. "Hardly... He had to come here with his friends because they have to go on a show. But of course he brought me along. We don't get to see each other a real lot. I mean, we live together... But he's away a lot... Not home a lot"

The lady raised an eyebrow. "Sounds like that someone you're with is famous"

I looked down, once again. "Yeah... Yeah, he is"

"Really? What's his name?"

I hesitate before speaking. "Billie Joe..."

The lady looked shocked for a moment, before smiling.

"I knew I saw you from somewhere. Of course"

I put my elbow on the counter, and ran it through my hair that I had just let down from being up.

"I've followed Green Day for quite a while... It's easy to find their personalities from the things you read and see. Billie Joe is a good guy"

"He is... He really is... He's just such an asshole at times" I muttered

The lady shrugged, "Aren't all guys?"

I smiled weakly, and nodded. "Yeah..."

"Then don't let him get to you so much..."

"But it isn't him. We were on the plane... And he knows I hate flying... So he was trying to comfort me and everything..." The lady gave me a sympathetic look, as I continued, "And then this girl came, her seat was on the other side of him. For half of the ride, he was talking to her. And then he got annoyed at me when I got pissed off at him. And then she said something about Tre, and I got pissed off... And Billie Joe told me to chill... And yeah... I just don't like her, and even though I told him that, he doesn't get it" I cried, feeling my eyes become watery, "I probably sound like the biggest bitch..."

"No, you don't. You sound like someone who's scared to lose the one they love..."

"There's a lot of people out there that want him... So many, it's scary. And it's coming to that point where I feel like I can't take it..." By now, the tears were slowly rolling down my cheek, "And I feel like such a bitch for even saying or thinking that. I love Billie Joe... Just... So much... So much, I can't explain it..."

I heard the lady sigh, and she put a hand on my shoulder.

"He loves you, just know that-"

"We never really said it to each other..."

"Honey, it don't take words to show someone how they feel"

I sighed, and started to run my hand through my hair again, "I know... But doesn't it help?"

The lady laughed, and sighed. "For some people, to hear it helps. But it doesn't count what you say... It counts what's in here" She said, pointing to her heart.

I nodded, and looked up at her.

"I don't even know where we're staying... He's probably at the hotel... And I don't even know where it is" I muttered, wiping the tears from my eyes

I stood up from my stool, and smiled weakly.

"I better get going... I need to just walk..." I said

The lady nodded, and smiled. "Just remember that everything is gonna be find. Fighting is normal"

I nodded, and slowly walked out of the place, and into the cold New York City air. It was even more cold when I realized I had nothing but jeans and a T-shirt on. As pissed off as I was at Billie Joe, I just wanted to be back next to him, with his arm around me, making me feel warm.

I looked down the sidewalk, both ways, and sighed. Where the hell was he? Probably back at the hotel, thinking about what an idiot I was running off like that, with Lizzie in our room. OUR room. As in Billie Joe and MY room. NOT hers. The though of her being near him made my blood boil. I don't think I've ever hated someone so much.

"Where are you?!" I muttered, pissed off, as I began to walk down the street.

I continued to walk, when some taxi pulled up next to me. I didn't stop walking, but I slowed down. The cab came to a stop right next to me, and the door flew open to reveal...

Mike.

Yes, it opened to reveal Mike, who quickly climbed out, and ran over to me. Yeah, don't get me wrong. I was more than happy to see Mike. But in a way... I was hoping it would be Billie Joe.

"Thank fuck you're all right!" He gasped, hugging me, "We were fucking scared. You didn't even know where the hotel was or anything"

I smiled weakly, and allowed myself to be taken to the cab by Mike, who was still talking, scolding at me every once in a while. But it made me smile.

"So we went looking for you- what the hell were you thinking running away like that?! I mean, -"

"Mike!" I interrupted him

Mike sighed, "Sorry... You just scared me"

I smiled weakly, as I felt my heart swell. The only time that happens to me was with Billie Joe...

The cab pulled up to the hotel, which was amazing by the way.

"We're staying... Here?!" I asked, amazed

"Come on, did you think we'd be staying anywhere less?" Asked Mike, helping me out of the cab

"What room are... Billie Joe and I in?" I asked Mike, as we walked in the lobby.

"Right next to mine... Can't remember the number, so just follow me"

I nodded, and Mike led me up to the floor.

"All right, here's your key..." He said, handing me a key. I wasn't going to ask why he had it, "If you need anything, just remember I'm right here" He said, pointing to the door next to the room.

I smiled, and hugged Mike. "Thanks"

He nodded, and I opened the door to the suit.

I walked in, to see a pissed off looking Billie Joe sleeping on the couch. Now That made me even more pissed off than I already was. He was asleep?! He had been asleep while Mike looked for me...

I tugged off my converse from my left foot, and threw it at him as hard as I could, before storming off into the bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

I heard Billie Joe groan, and then mumble something. A couple seconds later, there was a knock on the door. I ignored it, and just tried to go to sleep. But of course, Billie Joe let himself in the room.

"Woah, you're here!" He said, walking over to the bed

"No thanks to you" I muttered, not facing him

"What?"

"Mike found me... Again, Billie Joe. A-fucking-gain"

"I looked for you! I just got back here like 15 minutes ago!"

"And fell asleep?! Mike was still fucking looking for me!"

"He just started! He told me to come back! You know every fucking time you go and run off I look for you!"

"But yet every time Mike finds me! I'm beginning to think he likes me more than you do!"

Billie Joe looked at me hurt by my comment.

"It's not my fault every time something goes wrong in your little world that you run off!" He snarled

"Something goes wrong?! Billie, it's you that goes fucking wrong!"

"Me?! You're not exactly the fucking innocent bitch in this!" He snapped, scrunching his nose, "There's the normal fucking you, and then There's this bitch that comes outta fucking no where! You're like 2 fucking people!"

"ME?!" I shrieked, "Oh yeah, Billie Joe. And you never fucking get pissed off-"

"Well it must be a god damn first, cuz right now I am!" He snarled, "What are you gonna fucking do?! Run off again and wait for Mike to come and get you! So you can be all happy with him again!"

Before I knew what I was doing, I had raised my hand, and slapped Billie Joe on the cheek.

Billie Joe stared at me, in shock. His cheek turned red where I had hit him, and his eyes widened a little bit. He put his hand to his cheek, not taking his eyes away from me. His eyes filled with hurt and pain. I had hit him. And this wasn't even our worst argument. But I had hit him. Hard.

Billie Joe bowed his head, and started to back out of the room slowly, his hand still on his cheek.

'You hit him. You fucking hit him, you bitch faced asshole' That was the thing that was running through my head, 'You fucking hit the man you love. You hit him, you hit him, you fucking hit him'

I walked over to the doorway, and looked around, to see the bathroom light on. I quietly walked up to the door, and looked to see Billie Joe looking at the new mark that was on his face. The mark I had giving him.

I couldn't be pissed off at him anymore. I felt to horrible. I wish he had slapped me back... But he didn't.

Billie Joe turned off the light, causing me to jump, and go over to the couch, so he wouldn't know I was watching him. Billie Joe came over to the couch, noticed I was there, and turned to walk away.

"No... Billie Joe..." I tried to say, but I gave up.

I had hurt both of us. Billie Joe wasn't even willing to speak to me, and I had hurt him... Physically and mentally.

Billie Joe just looked at me, before going into the bedroom. Whoever says looks can't kill... They were wrong.

I stood up, grabbed Billie Joe's jacket, and ran out of the suit. I ran down the stairs, into the lobby, and out the door, feeling tears come to my eyes.

I ended up sitting down on the steps to some place a couple blocks away, and pulled out my cell phone. I dialed in a random number that I had memorized, and waited for whoever was on the other line to pick up.

"Hello?"

Now I understood. Now I knew what Billie Joe had been talking about. Because the random number I had memorized was Mike's.

"Mike?" I asked, trying to fight back tears.

"Mandy? What's wrong? Where are you?"

"I don't know... But I slapped him Mike..." I cried into the phone

"Come back to the hotel, Mandy... I'll wait for you outside"

"Okay..."

I hung up with Mike, and headed back to the hotel. Sure enough, Mike was outside on the steps, looking around for me.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked, as I got closer to the hotel

"I slapped Billie Joe, Mike... I slapped him..."

Mike looked at me, a little shocked.

"He deserves a good hit every once in a while" He said, trying to calm me down, helping me inside the hotel, "His head get's too big, and his heart gets too small... But why did you slap him?"

"Because... We were arguing... And... I don't know..." I cried, burying my head into Mike's arm, "I... Don't know... And then he looked at me... He looked so sad... I hurt him..."

Mike held me closer to him, and brought us upstairs, to his suit, me still wearing Billie Joe's jacket.

"All right, now tell me everything that happened" Mike said, sitting me down after seeing if Tre was asleep.

I looked at Mike, and started to tell him everything that had happened, crying.

Mike had kept reassuring me that everything was going to be fine, but I'd heard that before.

"Do you want to stay here tonight? We have a spare bed..." Mike said, standing up

"Thank you... So much"

Mike smiled warmly, and sighed.

"Billie Joe can be an asshole, but he really means well... He just hurts people easily..." Mike said

"I know you mean well... But you can hurt people... Don't hurt her"

That's what Adrienne had said. I didn't understand at the moment... But now even Mike had said so... And here I was, crying, because of Billie Joe.

I nodded, and looked down, before Mike lead me to the bed. What would I have done without Mike?

I laid down on the bed, and fell asleep quicker than I thought I would.

*******

"CUZ I LOOOVVEE FEELING DIRTY! AND I LOOVEEE FEELING CHEEAP! AND I LOOVVEEE IT WHEN YOU HURT ME, SO DRIVVEEE THOSE STAPLES DDEEEPPP!"

"Damn it Tre, shut the fuck up!"

So many people would like to be woken up like that. Tre singing one of his songs, and Mike yelling at him to shut up. As for me? I would have love to slept.

"LETS GET DRUNK AND GO OUT- OUCH!"

I lifted my head lazily to see Tre get knocked down by a pillow that Mike had thrown. I smirked, and dropped my head back down on the pillow. Mike came over, and sat on the edge of the bed. I looked up at him, and he smiled, before getting hit with a pillow by Tre.

"Asshole" He muttered, throwing the pillow to the other side of the suit

I smirked, and sat up, so I was sitting next to Mike. Something was scaring me... And it was Mike. The thing that was scaring me was how I was beginning to feel. Mike was there, helping me not cry... Not Billie Joe. Not that I deserved Billie Joe to sit there next to me, but my point was... Mike was the one who helped dry my tears the night before...

"How ya feeling?" He asked, once Tre had gone away

I smiled weakly, and nodded. "Actually... I feel pretty good"

It was the truth. Except for the fact that I was thinking about how I was going to make up with Billie Joe, I was feeling ok.

Mike smiled, and got up.

"That's good to hear. We don't need you to be sad over that asshole" He smiled.

I nodded, and looked down. "Yeah..."

The things that come over you at times, is scary... Especially when you're caught...

I stood up, and walked over to Mike. He looked at me weirdly, before I whispered "Thanks... For everything" and did something I would regret...

I kissed Mike.

Mike looked at me, surprised, but didn't pull away... At first.

"Wow... I never thought you'd really take my advice"

I pulled away from Mike, and looked to see Billie Joe standing there, looking at both of us.