In the End

It Takes Two to Tango

I just stared blankly at Tre, before starting to laugh.

"You're kidding me...right?" I laughed, "Pregnant? Oh my god Tre...you are the weirdest guy there is-"

"I'm serious" He muttered, "You don't have a fever...yet your sick-"

"That happens ALL the time" I snipped

"Oh really?" Tre asked, "Tell me...when?"

"I don't know!" I groaned, "It just...does!"

Tre shook his head, "Nah ugh..." He sighed, "When Billie Joe told you that you didn't have a fever...didn't you think that there is a possibility that your pregnant?!"

"No!" I said in a small voice, "Of course not! Billie Joe and I are pretty fuckin stupid...but we're not THAT stupid"

Tre sighed, "It...could have been an accident"

"What?"

"It could have been an accident!" He muttered scratching the back of his neck, "Shit happens! You know that..."

I shook my head, "No...Tre...your fuckin wrong"

"Trust me...I wish I was" He whispered sadly, pulling me into a hug as I slowly started to break down.

"What if I am?" I whimpered, "He's gonna fuckin kill me..."

Tre shook his head again, "No he won't...Even you know he's not like that"

"But I don't know that...it's not every fuckin day this happens" I cried

He sighed, "But Billie Joe...put it this way..." Tre paused, "It takes two to fuckin tango"

"I would have laughed at that if I weren't crying..." I muttered bitterly

Tre laughed softly, and patted my back.

"I'm so scared Tre..." I whispered after a moment, So...So fuckin scared"

Tre stood up, helping me up.

"You can't be scared yet..." He said

I didn't even answer him at first...I just left my head buried in his chest crying.

"You don't even know if you are..." He continued

"It's obvious Tre..."

He shook his head, "You need to find out for real..."

I nodded slowly, "Not when Billie Joe is here"

Tre cocked his head to the side, "Why not?"

I took my head from his chest and looked up at him, "As of right now...He's pissed off at me...and I...just...I just don't want him here"

He nodded, "All right...But he's not stupid"

"I know...unfortunately"

***

"Holey shit! I just walked past a girl who had a Green Day shirt on...and she didn't notice me!!"

I groaned, and turned around giving Tre a dirty look.

"Shut the fuck up. I know your obsessed with the stupid sunglass trick-"

"It's pathetic! I put on a pair of sunglasses and suddenly I'm not Tre Cool!"

I rolled my eyes, "You will ALWAYS be Tre Cool..."

"What's that?" Tre asked, cupping his ear, "I will always be very cool? Aww...your so sweet"

"You're unbelievable..." I muttered

"And Tre Cool"

I raised an eyebrow, "I don't know if you just suddenly found out your name...or if you just called yourself cool"

Tre smirked, "What's my name?"

"Tre-I'm not telling you"

Tre laughed, "Damn...I almost got you to admit how cool I am"

I sighed, and shook my head, before walking further into the store.

"Where do they keep...it?" I muttered, feeling my cheeks go red

Tre smiled softly, and slung his arms around my neck, "We shall see"

"You do realize how broken I am because of this...and now how embarrassed I am"

Tre laughed, "Embarrassed? In front of me? Holey shit girl...you're embarrassed in front of the guy who runs around screamin odd things when he's drunk...or sober"

I smiled, and looked down, "Yeah...I just...Don't wanna do this"

During one of the first silences of the night between Tre and I, my cell phone belted out the lines to 'Minority'

I sighed, and picked it up, "H...Hello?"

I heard a lot of people talking in the background, and what sounded like Mike talking...yelling.

"H...ello?" I asked into the phone

"Hey..."

I choked back some tears, and shook my head. I wasn't able to talk to him. Not now when I was in the middle of this pile of shit. I felt bad, though. The way his voice sounded. He sounded sad, and sorry...But I just couldn't talk to him.

I handed the phone up to Tre, who looked at me weirdly before taking the phone.

"Hello?" Tre muttered into the phone, before looking down at me, clearly not happy with my choice of not talking to Billie Joe, "Hey Beej..."

And for some reason, I felt horrible for giving the phone to Tre. Probably because I wanted to talk to Billie Joe...

At the moment I hated him...yet I loved him even more.

"No, No...she's not mad at you...she's just really not feeling well..." He paused to listen to Billie Joe, "Billie...man...are you drunk?"

I winced at the words. He was drunk...of course, I shoulda known.

"All right, all right! You're not...your not" Tre muttered into the phone, "You just sounded it for a moment"

"Well I'm fucking not, dipshit!" I heard Billie Joe yell

Tre rolled his eyes, "Well excuse me Mr. Fuckin Armstrong"

Billie Joe sighed, "Sorry...I'm havin the shittiest time right now..."

I wanted to yell. HE was having the shittiest time?! Yeah well, hell-fuckin-o, so was I.

"It s'okay man..." Tre said, "But I gotta go...I...erm...have to help Mandy"

I heard Billie Joe whimper into the phone, "Why the fuck did you make me come here?"

Tre sighed, "I...just...I don't know Billie Joe...but...I'll just see you later.."

"Fine..." Billie Joe muttered, "Tell Mandy-"

But for some reason I never heard the rest of it, because something happened to Billie Joe's phone.

Tre sighed, and looked at me, "I hate when he does that shit...Make you feel guilty..."

I nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

Tre sighed, "He's fine, Mandy" He said, noticing the guilt I was now also feeling, "You know hes a drama queen...king...whatever"

I smiled, and looked down. Tre smiled in a caring way, and guided me into an aisle. I kept my head hung the whole time, while Tre tried his best to start a new conversation about something different, trying to get my mind off of the downside to the whole thing we were doing.

"I really think that dogs will take over the world" Tre said nodding

I shook my head, "Nah, it's gonna be the birds"

"Birds?!" Tre asked

I nodded, "Mhm...Their gonna fly and peck the shit outta your dogs"

"Nope...the dogs are gonna use your birds for a chew toy"

I stuck out my tongue, as did Tre.

"Is this all ma'am?"

I looked away sheepishly, as the lady at the check out counter talked to me.

I muttered a small "Yeah" and started to back away

Tre smiled evily, before turning back to the lady in the check-out counter.

"Why ask HER if that's all?! I'm the one buying this" He snapped, pretending to be angry, "Jeez...can't a guy buy a fuckin test and not get pestered! It's not my fault I might be pregnant!"

He grabbed the bag, and stormed out of the store. I just stood there, staring at where Tre had been with my mouth wide open. Before I could even walk, tre walked back in the store, "Are you coming?!"

I nodded slowly, "Yeah..sure"

I stalked off after him, not sure wether to laugh or die from embarrassment.

As soon as we got outside, Tre burst out laughing.

"Bitch in there...see her face?" He asked, laughing his ass off

I stared at him, before starting to laugh my ass off, too...which surprised me considering what the hell was going on...eh...mood swings.

"Over all...I think that went well..." Tre said nodding, "Mhm...except SOMEONE has issues with a poor guy needing help"

I leaned up against the rented car, still laughing my ass off at Tre.

"There's a certain kind of help you need..." I managed to laugh out, "You just don't realize it"

He huffed, and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, we are SO done here" He said talking like a girl and holding his hand up, "I just cannot stand these people"

I kept laughing my ass off, as Tre swung open the door to the car and climbed in.

"Get your ass in heerree!" He squealed like an annoyed valley girl

I rolled my eyes and climbed into the car.

"You never cease to amaze me" I said, shaking my head

Tre frowned, "Don't use big words...they confuse me"

I raised an eyebrow, "Big words?"

Tre nodded, "Cease...Season...whatever the hell you said"

"Season?" I asked, "No..Cease...please tell me your kidding me"

Tre shook his head no, "I am"

"What?"

He laughed, and sighed, "You're a weird confusing person"

My eyes widened, "Me?!"

"Mhm"

I sighed, "I'll never understand you"

Tre smirked, "Good, dammit...that's the way it's suppose to be"

***

"Okay...so...we've been sitting here...watching TV...for the past...I dunno...hour? And you know, they WILL be back soon" Tre muttered, looking at me

I just stared at the TV, and shook my head, "I don't wanna know..."

Tre sighed, and placed his hand on my shoulder, "You're...gonna have to find out...and you want to before they get back"

I nodded slowly, "I know..."

There was another silence, before Tre spoke up again, "So...ugh...are you...?"

I sighed, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

Tre raised an eyebrow, "Come on...what's the worst that could happen?"

I glared at him, "The worst? That I could be fucking pregnant"

Tre shook his head, "Yeah...but..." He paused, "There's nothin I can say to that...just...go in there...and get the truth sorted out"

I muttered a small 'fine' and got up off the couch. Tre looked over at me, and shook his head slightly.

I grabbed the bag, and shut the bathroom door closed, leaning up against it feeling the tears surface again.

"I'm in...such deep shit" I whispered to myself

***

There was a knock on the door, causing me to jump...It had been somewhat, I dunno...15-20 minutes later. Half the time I had been crying...

"Mandy...?" Tre asked softly, "Are you...okay?"

I let out a sob, before burying my head into my hands.

"Do...you know the results?" He asked softly

I let out another sob, my body shaking from it.

"I...guess you do..."

"He's gonna hate me, Tre" I cried out

"No...no he won't babe...he'll be happy-"

"No he won't!" I coughed out, banging my head against the door

Tre sighed, feeling his heart ache for me, "Mandy...come out...please?"

I didn't say anything...I just sat there, crying my heart out.

"I'm coming in..." Tre muttered

"No!" I choked out, trying to get up.

My legs felt weak, as they were shaking along with the rest of me. I unlocked the bathroom door, and flung it open.

Tre stood there, looking at me. My eyes were blood shot from all the tears, while my eyeliner had run in streams down my cheeks. He looked at me for a moment, before pulling me into a hug.

"Aww...It's okay," He whispered, gently rubbing my back, "It's okay..."

I sobbed into Tre's neck, feeling myself want to fall.

"He'll understand..." Tre whispered, "He's the most understanding guy there is"

I shook my head, gasping for breath, "How is he gonna get this Tre?! He's not ready...I'm not ready..."

Tre sighed, "I know...but...think about it...is anyone ready?"

I shook my head, "No...but...that's just not it Tre...Billie Joe and I could break up tomorrow..."

"You won't...I mean...you two would kill yourselves for each other..."

I tried to wipe the tears with the sleeve of my sweat shirt, but it was no use...the tears would just keep on coming.

"I know" I whispered, "But...we're not ready..."

Tre sighed, and lead me over to the couch, sitting me down.

"I just...don't get...how it happened" I choked

Tre shrugged sympathetically, "Either you two weren't as careful as you think-"

"We were"

He looked down, and then at me, "It happens...a lot...I mean...you know, shit happens. There's like 2 % that something could go...eh...wrong." He paused, "This was part of that 2%"

I shook my head, "I'm beginning to actually hate my luck"

Tre laughed softly, "I rather have no luck, personally...me having good luck is like me finding fuckin gold...and that STILL hasn't happened"

I smiled weakly, tears still running down my cheeks.

"Just pray for a girl..." Tre said

I looked at him, "Why?"

"Cuz Beej always wanted a little girl..."

I looked down, as Tre wrapped his arms around me again while I began to flood his shirt with the tears.

"I'm so scared for when he gets back..."

Tre raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

I wiped my eyes on his shoulder, "I...can't tell him...not tonight"

"Why not?" Tre asked, placing his hands on my shoulders, and pushing me back a little so he could see my eyes, "You have to tell him"

I shook my head, "I...can't" I paused, and looked at Tre in the eyes, "If you do...I will kill you" I whispered

"Woah, woah" Tre muttered, putting his hands, "Who said I was gonna go telling him this?"

I looked down, "I...don't know...but don't you dare Tre"

Tre smiled weakly, "All right...I won't"

I bowed my head, lifting my hands to my eyes and just wiping my tears away...or trying to. When I took my sleeves away from my eyes they had black streaks from my eyeliner...

like I cared.

"Can we like...lock them out?" I whimpered

Tre laughed, "No..."

I looked up at him, not realizing what was so damn funny.

"At least Billie Joe?" I asked

Tre laughed again, "But that wouldn't make him suspicious"

I sighed, "He's probably drunk anyway..."

"Nah," Tre muttered, "I don't think he is"

"He went to the bar..." I muttered, still trying to wipe the tears away

"Only cuz we made him"

I nodded slowly, biting my lip.

"I actually wish he is...it would make everything easier"

"How?" Tre asked, "If he's drunk he's just gonna be an asshole"

I shook my head, "Not always...sometimes he's sweet...."

Tre smiled, "Yeah..."

There was another silence, as the tears started to stream down my face again. Tre pulled me into another hug, gently rocking us back and forth.

"I don't think...I could ever make this up to you" I murmured into his chest

Tre smiled sweetly, "You'd never need to"

"You've been fuckin amazing Tre..."

He smiled again, "I knew something was up...as soon as Billie Joe said how you weren't warm..."

I nodded slowly, "I shoulda known..."

Tre shrugged, "I...think you did in a way...you just didn't wanna admit it"

"Maybe..."

There was another silence, while I still cried my heart out, only less sobbing.

And much to my horror, I heard the suit door slowly creak open.

There were no drunken voices...actually, the only sound was my shallow breathing and the footsteps of someone walking around.

Tre looked up, and then back down at me, tapping my back lightly.

"Babe?" I heard the person whisper, "Babe...? Why are you crying?"