In the End

Tears And Fears

I took my head from Tre's chest, and looked up to meet none other than Billie Joe's eyes. I stared at him in horror, as he looked back at me confused.

"Babe?" He whispered again, gently laying his hand on my shoulder, "Babe, why are you crying?"

He tore his eyes away from mine and looked at Tre, feeling anger run through him as if Tre had done something.

"What the fuck happened?" He demanded

Tre looked at his best friend, "Nothing man..."

Billie Joe licked his lip, "People don't cry when nothing happened" He snapped, "Now tell me what the fuck happened"

Tre shook his head, "I... Can't man"

Billie Joe glared at him, "What the fuck?!" He asked, his voice going into a high pitch, "Why the fuck not?"

Tre shook his head, "I... Just... Can't man"

He gave Tre a dirty look, before bending down on one knee, trying to see my face.

"Babe?" He whispered softly, gently shaking me, "Babe... Please... Why are you crying?"

I just shook my head, not being able to look at him. He stared at me for a moment with one of his heart wrenching stares, before wrapping both of his arms around me and pulling me into his frame, gently running his hands through my hair.

"It's okay..." He whispered, confused yet almost crying himself, "It's okay babe... Just... Tell me what happened"

I didn't say anything, I just sobbed into his shirt. He kissed my temple, holding me close to him.

"What... What coulda happened?" Billie Joe asked, looking around for a clock, "I was only gone for... A couple of hours"

I still didn't talk... I was afraid to. Afraid that I would blurt it out.

He looked up at Tre, "If you fucking did something-" He started

Tre shook his head, "I didn't do anything man"

"You were the only fuckin one here!" Billie Joe yelled, panicking in a way, "So don't tell me that it was someone fuckin else!"

"He... He didn't do anything" I whimpered

Billie Joe looked away from Tre, to me, pulling me against him again.

"What?" He asked softly, "What did you say, babe?"

"He didn't do anything" I whispered

He nodded, and then looked back up at Tre, "All right... I'm sorry man... Just... Tell me what happened? Why is she crying?"

Tre shook his head, "She made me promise... Not... Not to tell you"

As of that moment I really loved Tre.

Billie Joe threw Tre one of his dirty looks again, "This isn't about promising!" He snarled, "This is about telling me why the fuck she's crying!"

Tre shook his head, "You think I can just go telling what the fuck happened?! It's not as easy as it sounds!"

Billie Joe groaned, "Just fucking tell me! God dammit, Tre! You're the asshole that made me fuckin leave in the first place! So let me fucking know!"

Tre shook his head "No"

Billie Joe fell silent, until I let out another sob. He looked back at me, and cradled me as if I were little.

"I'm... So sorry I left before" He whispered to me, "I shouldn't have"

Tre butted in, speaking for me which I silently thanked, "It wasn't that you left... I mean..." He cut himself off, "It just wasn't"

Billie Joe looked up at Tre, "Oh really? I'm surprised you fucking told me that" He muttered through clenched teeth

Tre looked away sadly, as Billie Joe looked back at me, his eyes glazed over.

"Please babe" He whispered sadly, "Just tell me what's wrong"

I shook my head, burying my head into his neck. Billie Joe kissed my neck gently, rubbing my back.

"S'okay babe..." He whispered, "It's... It's okay.."

"I'm so sorry" I croaked, "So... So fucking sorry"

Billie Joe shook his head, "Don't be sorry..."

He looked back up at Tre, frantically, "Why... Is she sorry?"

Tre looked down, not knowing what to say. Billie Joe had enough of Tre, and stood up, after gently taking me off of him and setting me down. He stormed over to Tre, grabbing the collar of his shirt to my horror.

"She" He growled, pointing to me, "Is my fucking girlfriend. Therefor I have the fucking right to know what the fuck is going fucking on!" He jerked Tre's head angrily, "Fucking tell me what the fuck is tearing her apart before I fucking tear you apart"

Tre stared at Billie Joe, who glared down at him.

"Let the fuck go of me" Tre muttered

I looked up at Billie Joe, who was glaring down at Tre with one of his crazy looks.

"Let the fuck go of me" Tre repeated

"Me letting go of you will be your last fucking worry if you don't tell me any fuckin thing thats going on" Billie Joe growled

I curled up even more, not liking how any of this was turning out.

Billie Joe let go of Tre, and just stared at him, pleading with his eyes.

"Please man," Billie Joe whimpered, "Tell me why she's crying..."

Tre didn't say anything, he just stared at Billie Joe who was now breaking down, not being able to take the tension in the room.

"Is... Is it because I left before? I mean, I know I was a jackass when I just left like that"

He looked over at me, hoping that he would get some answers. But all he got is a blank stare.

He dropped to his knees, and crawled back over to me, and scooping me up in his arms.

"I'm so sorry I left like that... I just wanted to be with you" He whispered softly, his voice cracking, "I know I was an asshole... And trust me... I was beating myself up for it the whole time I was out"

I coughed, the only way I could clear my throat enough to talk.

"That's... No, I'm not upset about that" I croaked, "You shouldn't have felt guilty"

He shook his head, "But I did..." He nodded slightly, "And... I know how much you hate it when I drown out my problems with drinking... So I didn't drink..." He paused, "I wanted to come back and make it up to you... But... I don't get why your crying... Why you're such a wreck..."

I shook my head, not knowing what to say.

And then, as if on time, Mike and Rachel appeared in the room... Both surprisingly sober.

Billie Joe bit his lip and looked at them.

"Thanks for just leaving us-" Rachel started, before cutting herself off, "Mandy? Are you crying?"

"Yeah, yeah she is" Tre muttered standing up, "Back so soon?" He asked

Rachel nodded, while her and Mike continued to look at the two people sitting on the floor. Tre laughed nervously, and guided them to their rooms.

"I'm... Gonna leave you two alone..." Tre muttered scratching the back of his neck while Billie Joe shifted the way he sat, pulling me onto his lap.

He nodded to himself, while Billie Joe said something to him making Tre smile. After a couple moments, Tre disappeared into the same bedroom as Rachel, leaving Billie Joe and I in the lounge alone.

There was a silence between Billie Joe and I, while he just looked down at me sadly.

"Why won't you tell me... Why are you crying...?" he asked softly, "Is it.. Cuz maybe it's something I did...?"

I shook my head, "It's nothing you did... Well... In a way it is... Not really... No"

He looked at me, "Not really? So... I DID do something"

"No" I whispered, "No..."

He didn't say anything, he just hugged me.

"Why won't you tell me?" He asked again

"It's.. Not as easy as it sounds..." I mumbled

He raised an eyebrow, "How?"

"It just... Isn't"

He sighed, "Okay... So how about you give me hints?" He asked looking at me in one of his cute ways, making me want to run away from him so I didn't melt

I shook my head, not being able to talk again. He sighed, and gently rocked us back and forth.

"All right," He whispered softly, "All right babe, I won't make you tell me tonight..."

I nodded, crying into his shoulder. He kept his arms around me, before standing us up.

"Come on..." He murmured, "Let's go to bed"

I pulled myself a little away from him, "I'm... Gonna stay out here for a little while"

Billie Joe tilted his head to the side, "You sure?"

I nodded slowly, "Mhm... I'll be in later"

He nodded, "Okay"

He kissed my forehead softly, before he'sitating, and heading into the bedroom. I watched him sit down on the bed, kicking the door shut lightly making it barely close. He looked down at his hands, before standing up on the bed and walking over to his side of the bed. He got undressed, and climbed under the covers, wearing the same sad expression.

I sighed sadly, before curling up on the couch, silently beating myself up for everything that had happened during that one stupid day.

***

My eyes slowly opened as I felt someone scoop me up into their arms, holding me as if I were a little kid. I took my arm that was dangling, and rubbed my eye slowly.

Billie Joe looked down at me, and smiled softly.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly

"You fell asleep on the couch," He whispered, "I'm just bringing you into the bedroom"

I yawned, resting my arms around his neck, "Thanks Billie Joe"

He smiled again, "No problem..."

He lay me down on the bed, before climbing onto the other side, and laying down. He rested his head on his pillow, while looking at me, before shifting closer to me and wrapping his arm around me. He hummed softly, resting his head on my shoulder, and holding onto my hand.

I smiled to myself, as me moved as close to me as he could.

Maybe Tre would be right.. Again. Billie Joe did seem understanding... It just worried me to think about how he COULD react.

***

Billie Joe still lay with me wrapped up in his arms. It had been the next morning, and I felt like shit. Not the shit as the days before... Shit knowing why I had been feeling so bad, and shit knowing that I was hiding it from Billie Joe.

We both lay with the covers messed up, while he was nearly crushing me... But I loved it. Loved to know that he was still there with me.

There was a crash, and a bang, and Mike's voice yelling "Fuck Tre!" making Billie Joe start to shift in his sleep. He stretched, pulling me closer to him before his eyes opened.

He looked at me for a moment, trying to remember why he had been woken up, but his questions were soon answered by Mike yelling at Tre, again.

"Fuck!" Mike yelled, "Get the fuck off of the fucking chair!"

Billie Joe groaned, and shook his head slowly, "Assholes" He muttered

I laughed softly, causing Billie Joe to look at me.

"You're awake?" He asked

I nodded, "Mhm"

He smiled, and kissed the back of my neck softly, "Well, then, morning"

"Morning"

There was a knock at the suit door, before Mike yelled at Tre once again, and answered it.

"Sir?"

It was a ladies voice... And she didn't sound too happy

"Erm... Yes... Ma'am?" Mike said slowly

"Could you please keep it down? We DO have people trying to sleep in-"

"Oh, we know!" Tre butted in, "We have 3 people alone in this suit trying to sleep! But don't worry! They haven't woken up yet"

I could help but laugh at that. Billie Joe even laughed a little.

"Sir, please... Keep it down or we'll have to escort you out of the hotel"

"Fine" Tre muttered

The door closed, and I could hear muffled voices of Mike and Tre bickering.

"If they get us thrown out... I'm gonna kill them" Billie Joe mumbled into my hair

I nodded, "So will I.."

He sighed, and moved closer to me.

"Babe..?"

"Hmm?" I hummed

He sighed once again, "Why... Were you crying last night?"

I bit my lip, "I..."

"You don't have to be scared to tell me" He whispered softly, "I mean... I'm not gonna kill you or anything"

Sure, thats what he says NOW.

"Can... I tell you... Later?"

Billie Joe looked at me for a moment, before nodding, "Okay..." He said into my ear, "As long as you know that you can tell me"

Billie Joe pulled the door open, while I stepped out. Tre sat on the couch eating something, while Mike sat on the other couch. Rachel must have still been asleep.

I sat down next to Billie Joe, letting him pull me into his arms. The bedroom that Tre and Rachel shared door opened up to show a tired looking Rachel.

She looked at Mike and Tre, "Why did I wake up this morning to hear Mike screaming for Tre to get off the chair?"

I laughed, and shook my head.

"Yeah... I woke up the same way, too" Billie Joe said, nodding

Mike looked away, "He was climbing on the chairs-"

"He took your coffee... Didn't he?" Rachel asked

Mike's mouth opened a little, "Yeah..."

She started laughing along with Billie Joe and I. Mike didn't find it funny, which only made it funnier.

Rachel walked over and sat next to Tre, curling up to him.

"Next time you take his coffee at 8 in the morning and wake everyone up... You won't need to worry about Mike coming after you" She muttered

I started laughing again, watching Tre pretend to pout.

"But... But-" Tre cut himself off, "Actually... If you'd want to punish me I wouldn't mind"

She sat up, "Oh my god..."

I sighed, "He sounds like you, Billie"

Billie Joe muttered something that I couldn't hear making me smirk.

"I can't help it if I am attracted" Tre said innocently

Rachel sighed, "Don't try to act all innocent Tre"

He raised an eyebrow, "Why?" He whined

"Cuz I'm at least TRYING to act mad... If you act innocent I'm not gonna be able to"

Tre smiled evily, "I got the power"

"Careful Tre" I said, "Billie Joe may fight you for it.."

Tre held up his fists, "Oh yeah Billie boy?! I'll fight you back!"

Billie Joe looked up from my hair and looked at Tre, raising an eyebrow, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"You wanna fight?!" Tre asked, still holding up his fists

"Um... No" Billie Joe said slowly

"Well too bad!"

Billie Joe sighed, and rested his head against the arm of the couch Mike was sitting on. He went to say something, when he got hit in the face with a pillow.

"Dammit Tre!" Billie Joe snapped, "What the fuck was that for?!"

"Fight like the wimp you are!" Tre said, jumping up and down like he was in a fight with Billie Joe

"Oh my god," Billie Joe muttered angrily, "Why the fuck are you such an idiot?!"

"Fight me!"

"I'm not going to fight you- why the fuck do you want me to fight?!"

Tre stopped and shrugged, "I dunno"

Billie Joe just stared at Tre, blinking.

"You're an... Odd... Person Tre" He muttered

Tre smirked, and sat back on the couch next to Rachel, wrapping his arm around her.

Billie Joe looked down at me, "What was that about?"

I shrugged, "I have no idea"

There was another knock at the suit door. I went to get up, but Mike just told me he'd get it. He opened the door, to a lady.

"Sir" She muttered, "We've had... Complaints... About yelling early this morning, and continuous yelling..."

Billie Joe and I looked at each other.

"Shit" He muttered

I nodded, "Would they seriously kick us out for that?"

Billie Joe shrugged, "I sure as hell hope not"

Mike closed the door and turned around, looking at us.

"Well...?" I asked

He scratched the back of his neck, "We... Have to be outta here in the next half hour"

***

"Okay... So we got kicked out of our suit... That's.. Not a problem" Billie Joe muttered, shrugging his jacket off and wrapping it around me not thinking about it

"Thanks" I whispered, pulling it close around me

He smiled, "No problem babe"

Tre turned around and looked at us, "We could just go to another hotel"

I raised an eyebrow, "We've already left two. One in which we've been kicked out of"

Tre sighed, "Those people were fuckin wankers. I mean, come on! We barely did anything"

I nodded slowly, "I know... But their stuck up... What do you expect? People like to sleep later than 8 without being bothered"

"Well excuussee us"

Billie Joe looked at Tre, "I can't believe you got us kicked out" He muttered, "I can't believe I'm even up now. It's only a little past fuckin 8"

"Not to mention it's cold" I added

Billie Joe nodded, "Yeah man, not to mention it's cold"

Mike looked at us, "Maybe... We should just go home. The flights have already started"

My face lit up, "Seriously?!"

Mike nodded, "Mhm"

I jumped up happily, "Oh come on! Please?! Can we go home?!"

Billie Joe looked at me pathetically, "If there's anymore room on the damn planes... I guess..."

Tre looked over at me, and raised an eyebrow. I looked back at him.

"What?" I asked

He looked at Billie Joe, and then back to me.

Billie Joe sighed, and went to get a cab, letting Tre accidently stumble over to where I was.

"Did you tell him?" He asked

I sighed, "No"

"Why not?"

I looked at Tre, "I'm scared to... Things are good between us as of now..."

"Oh yeah," Muttered Tre, "And everything will just turn horrible if you tell him that you and him are gonna-"

Tre immediately stopped talking as Billie Joe walked back over to us after he had gotten a cab.

"What?" Billie Joe asked, "Me and her are gonna...?"

Tre smiled innocently, "Nothing. I mean. Yeah. Nothing. So how was your day Billie?"

Billie Joe looked at Tre, "It was fine..."

"NO!"

Billie Joe just looked at Tre weirdly.

"Okay..."

"Okay? Yup! Everything is okay! See?!" Tre asked, laughing stupidly

I rolled my eyes, "You are possibly the worst liar there is Tre"

Tre laughed, "Okay Billie? Yup, lets go!"

He walked past Billie Joe, who looked back at me.

"What in all hells name was he talking about?"

I shrugged, "You know Tre... He has those mental issues"

Billie Joe laughed, and nodded, "Right... I forgot about those"

I laughed, and pushed myself off the wall as Billie Joe put his arm around me. Rachel walked up to Billie Joe and I looking scared.

"Is Tre like high or something?"

I started laughing, and shook my head, "Nope... Sadly, he's always like that"

Rachel sighed, "Great"

Billie Joe snorted, and shook his head.

"Why can't he be normal...?" She muttered, "I mean... I'm okay with him being crazy... But when he just comes up and screams 'nothing is wrong' in my face... It makes me wonder"

I started to laugh, looking at Tre who had just yelled at Mike. Mike rolled his eyes at Tre and walked as far as he could away from him.

"Come on" Billie Joe said nodding, "Lets get to the airport before other people do..."

I nodded, "Sounds fine to me"

***

Billie Joe's head rested on my shoulder, as he snored lightly. He had fallen asleep almost immediately. I was starting to fall asleep, trying not to.

Rachel and Tre had been bickering like Billie Joe and I usually did.

Mike, however, found himself sitting in back of Billie Joe and I next to a girl that he seemed to take a liking to. Rachel had been the one to point out Mike and the girl 'flirting'.

I looked at Billie Joe, who snored lightly moving his arm in his sleep. I smiled, and closed my eyes.

I began to also fall asleep until Billie Joe jumped awake, snorting, and hitting his head on mine. He muttered sorry, and took the ringing cell phone out of his pocket.

"Hello...?" He muttered into it, He rubbed his eyes, before glaring at the phone, "God I fucking hate you Tre..."

Tre had called his cell phone...

"I know I was fucking asleep dipshit" He snapped, before flipping his phone shut.

He closed his eyes, and rested his head back on my shoulder trying to fall asleep again.

Before his cell phone rang... Again.

Billie Joe sighed angrily, grabbing the phone from his pocket.

"Hello...?" He muttered, "God dammit Tre.. Leave me alone"

He snapped his cell phone shut once again, trying to fall asleep.

When his cell phone rang... For the third time.

"Oh for fucking crying out fucking loud" He grunted, pulling it out of his pocket, "What the fuck do you fucking want?!"

There was silence.

"Oh. Hi Joey"

I burst out laughing at Billie Joe's face.

"No, I wasn't saying that to you man... It's just your Uncle Tre kept calling... And yeah.. So how you doing?... You made the baseball team? Awesome man.. Congrats!"

I looked back at Tre, who was growing red from laughing his ass off.

Billie Joe looked at Tre, his cell phone pressed to his ear talking to his son. He gave Tre one of his 'death glares' before turning around back in the seat talking to Joey.

After about 5 more minutes Billie Joe said his goodbye's to Joey, and hung up. He turned to me, and smiled.

"He made the baseball team" He said smiling, "He's wanted to be on the team for a long while"

I smiled, "That's awesome"

Billie Joe nodded, "He got scared of doing baseball when he was little when he got pegged by a baseball..."

"Aww" I said smiling amused, yet sympathetically, "Poor Joey..."

Billie Joe laughed softly, "Yeah... He came after me after he was hit"

"Why you?" I asked

Billie Joe looked down, "Cuz I was the one who accidently hit him"

I stared at Billie Joe, "You hit your kid with a baseball?!"

"It wasn't my fault! My aim was off..."

"Yeah, off so much that you hit your own kid"

"I was... Eh... Tipsy..."

"Oh, that's better. Hit your kid with a ball when your drunk"

"I seriously didn't mean to! Besides... He came back after me with it and hit me..."

"You deserved it" I said, trying not to laugh at him

Billie Joe narrowed his eyes, "I got in trouble by Adie after.. She yelled at me.. And then Joey put the baseball in my car the day after... That was creepy"

I sighed, "You got scared by a baseball?!"

"The thing was fucking watching me!"

"Baseballs don't have eyes!" I retorted

"This one did! He painted eyes on it!"

"It just proves that he knows how to scare you..."

"I threw the baseball at Tre"

"You threw it at Tre...?" I said slowly

"Yeh"

I rolled my eyes, "You're pathetic"

"Thanks" He muttered

"You hit your own kid with a baseball, and then you go after the drummer of your band... Charming" I muttered sarcastically

Billie Joe smirked, "Joey even got Jakob to yell at me..."

I started laughing again.

"I got told off by Adie, Tre, Mike, Jakob, and Tre... Hell, I'm surprised you didn't call and tell me off"

I snorted, "You would have deserved it"

Billie Joe pretended to pout.

"Joey locked me outside that night after I went to have a cigarette... He said it was by accident cuz he was letting the dog out... And that was when we didn't have a dog"

"So you were terrorized... By your son"

Billie Joe nodded, "He didn't let me live it down. He would throw a baseball to someone and then yell how the person didn't get hurt"

I nearly fell out of my seat from laughing my ass off. Billie Joe's phone rung again. He sighed, and picked it up, putting it on speaker.

"Never forget the baseball, bad ass baseball pegger"

Billie Joe glared at the phone, before turning around in his seat.

"Shut the fuck up, Tre!" He yelled, annoyed

The girl, and Mike looked at Billie Joe. Mike raised an eyebrow, while she looked at him, not realizing he had been in front of her before.

"It's not my fault you throw baseballs at little innocent kids!" Tre yelled back

Billie Joe groaned, before digging in his pockets. He pulled out a penny, and chucked it at Tre. It bounced off Tre's head, making Tre fall into the isle of the plane, laughing his ass off.

"You... Threw... A... Penny at me!" Tre yelled, laughing his ass off, "A PENNY!"

Billie Joe glared at Tre, "I'd throw my fucking cell phone but you're not fucking worth it!"

"Excuse me! Gentleman!"

Tre looked up from the floor of the plane to see a flight attendant looking furiously at him and Billie Joe.

"This is a plane! Not a place for rough housing! Please wait until we are on are the ground!"

"I AM on the ground!" Tre grunted, "You see?!"

"It's not my fault!" Billie Joe yelped, making people glare at him

The lady sighed, "I don't care who's fault it is... We're landing soon... Please wait until then"

"Fine!" Tre yelled, standing up, "I'll fucking wait Mrs. Flighty person!"

When the plane finally had landed, Billie Joe made Tre go first. Tre, stupidly went in front of him. On the way down the plane steps, about half way Billie Joe managed to trip Tre, sending him flying down the stairs.

"Fucker!" Tre yelled, trying to stand up, running back up the steps to Billie Joe

"Tre!" Billie Joe grunted, "Get off the fucking stairs!"

Mike and I pushed past the 2 idiots who were arguing with each other on the plane steps... Not letting anyone through.

The same flight attendant from before came, making Billie Joe and Tre leave the steps from the plane.

Mike and I had to get everyone's luggage, considering Billie Joe and Tre had been kicked out of the airport.

"Their both idiots" Mike muttered, carrying his and Tre's luggage, while I carried Billie Joe and mine.

I nodded, and sighed.

"Home sweet home"