In the End

Our Moments

I was still tired by morning. I had only been asleep for a couple hours. So I was still tired when I was woken up by Billie Joe, who had rolled over. I looked at him for a moment, before trying to go back to sleep.

I ended up looking at Billie Joe again. He managed to look so innocent when he was asleep. I slowly got up, not to wake up Billie Joe, and walked out of the room to see if Joey and Jakob were okay.

They were both still asleep, Joey was hanging off his bed, and Jakob was mumbling something. I smiled, and walked back to the bedroom, and laying down again.

Billie Joe opened one eye, and then the other before yawning. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about everything. It was silent, but it was a comfortable silence, not an awkward one. He didn't even realize I was awake at first.

I started thinking of the past two years, and how I had already been there for 2 years. It hadn't seemed like 2 years. But is anything what it seems?

About 10 minutes later, it was still silent. I wasn't tired anymore, by then. I yawned, for no reason, and continued looking up at the ceiling. I ended up closing my eyes for a moment when I felt someone roll on top of me.

My eyes snapped open only to meet with Billie Joe's eyes, that seemed to sparkle from the light that was in the room. His nose was barely an inch away from mine. He smiled, cheekily seeing me open my eyes.

"What are you doing?" I said, trying not to laugh, "I could have been sleeping"

"You weren't sleeping. I saw you open your eyes, and you yawned before"

"Okay, so what are you doing?"

"Sitting on top of you" He said, winking at me

"Way to state the obvious" I laughed

He smiled, and softly kissed me on the lips. I tried to hide my smile, but I was failing at that. Damn him for being such a good kisser.

He bent down again, kissing me again, this time it getting deeper. Everything seemed to slow down. Like time had almost stopped. Well, that's what it felt like.

Before we both knew what we had been doing, we were starting to remove each others clothing. I started to undo his shirt when we hear Joey and Jakob yelling at each other.

"Kids" I said, stopping what I was doing, to hear what was going on.

Billie Joe smiled, and also listened, still sitting on me.

"Give it back, Joey!"

"Shut up! Don't wake dad up!" Hissed Joey

"Then give it back!"

"I was just looking at it!"

"Give it back!"

"Shut up you pin head! Don't wake dad or Mandy up!"

"I'm getting dad!"

The door was about to open when Joey grabbed Jakob, and closed the door. Billie Joe looked at me, relieved that Jakob didn't open the door. How would we explain this?

"Stop it! If you wake him up-"

"DAD!"

"SHUT UP!"

"DDDAADDD!"

"Shut up!" Yelled Joey, with a crash, and a bang.

Billie Joe went to get up, off me to see what the hell was going on when the door did open. Jakob walked in, and looked at me and Billie Joe. Do 9 year olds know what's going on yet?

Billie Joe quickly got off me, stumbling a little bit, grabbing his shirt that had been next to him. Joey looked from me, to Billie Joe, as he walked in the room. He looked at Jakob and sighed.

"Sorry, dad. I tried to stop him, but he didn't stop" Said Joey

"What the hell was going on?" Asked Billie Joe, relieved Joey hadn't see him on top of me.

"I just wanted to see his game! And he started yelling at me!"

Billie Joe sighed, "Jakob, chill out, man. He wanted to see the game. Joey, as your brother first. And stop arguing!"

Jakob was still silent, looking from me to Billie Joe. Yeah, I think he knew. He looked back at Billie Joe, looking pissed off.

"Dad, can we have some breakfast?" Asked Jakob

"Ugh... Yeah, yeah, sure. One second. Go down there and I'll be right there"

"Okay, come on Jakob" Said Joey, grabbing onto his brothers arm.

"No, wait, I want to wait for dad"

Oh, that was just mean. What did he think we were gonna do, in the next 5 minutes? Joey was being normal... No offence to Jakob. I would have expected Joey to be pissed off, but I guess not. Probably because I met him 2 years ago or something...

"Why? I'll be down in a minute" Said Billie Joe, like he had no idea why Jakob was wanting to stay upstairs

"Yeah, come on Jakob" Said Joey, "Just come downstairs with me"

"No, really, it's fine" Said Jakob, still standing there

Joey rolled his eyes, grabbed Jakob's arm, and pulled him out of the room. Did I ever mention how much I like Joey? Yeah, well, he's pretty much the coolest kid.

Billie Joe turned to me, and smiled.

"I know how to make friends" I said, sarcastically

"I don't know what's up with Jakob" Billie Joe sighed

"Billie Joe..." I said, "He walked in your bedroom with you sitting on top of me"

"Oh, yeah"

I smiled, and looked down. I gelt guilty, because of Jakob.

"DDAADD!"

Billie Joe sighed, and stared at the floor before yelling he'd be right there.

"Come on," He said, smiling, "Before they try to make it themselves... Again"

I laughed, "Again?"

"Joey got hungry, and tried to cook it himself... He almost burned down the house"

I started laughing, and leaned up against the wall. Billie Joe walked over to me, and the stood in front of me. He leaned in, face to face with me. I smiled, and kissed him softly. It had only been a couple minutes, but we had already gone into a deep kiss...

"DDAADD!"

"Fucking fuckity hell" He mumbled

"Fucking fuckity hell?" I said, trying not to laugh.

Billie Joe smiled, cheekily. It was silent for a moment before once again someone yelled "DDAADD!"

He sighed, and opened the door, letting me go first. We both went down into the kitchen to see Joey sitting with his head in his arms, snoring, and Jakob looking pissed off.

"Sorry" Said Billie Joe, "I had to you know, change"

Jakob rolled his eyes, "and that's why you're wearing the same clothes?"

I snorted, causing Billie Joe to look at me, and let out a small laugh.

"I was going to change, but you called me down too early..." He said, and then looked over at Joey, "Joey... Dude... Are you okay?"

"He fell asleep" Said Jakob

"I wouldn't have known that"

Jakob looked at his dad, and sighed. "Can we eat?"

A couple minutes later I was making the boys something to eat... Jakob had begged for bacon and eggs, and Billie Joe just looked disgusted.

"I can't believe I have that sh-stuff in my house" He mumbled, looking at the pan with the bacon in it

"Aww, but you did it for your boys because you loooooove them" I laughed

"At least I'm not cooking it"

I rolled my eyes playfully, and sighed. "Oh my god, Billie Joe, you've turned me into a vegetarian" I said, realizing since that Billie Joe was a vegetarian, I hadn't eaten meat for a long time

Billie Joe smiled. "Looks like my work here is done"

"Not all of it" I smirked, looking down.

Billie Joe had heard me, and let out a little laugh. Jakob looked at me and Billie Joe, not hearing what I had said.

"What?"

"Nothing" Said Billie Joe, looking at a still sleeping Joey, "Are you sure he's okay?"

"Yes dad, I'm sure. Look" He said, walking over and hitting Joey on the head.

Joey jumped up, and fell off the chair, glaring at Jakob. Billie Joe was having trouble trying not to laugh, and so was I.

"What was that for?!"

"Dad wanted to see if you were okay" Said Jakob, taking Joey's seat.

Joey glared at Billie Joe.

"I never said for him to hit you!" Said Billie Joe

"Sure dad, you probably put him up to it"

I smiled, and gave Jakob and Joey a plate.

"Nah, thanks" Said Joey, "I'm seriously not hungry. Maybe it was the head trauma I got from falling off the chair because of dimwit over there"

"I didn't make you fall! You just fell" Said Jakob, taking a piece of bacon and biting off the end.

"Yeah, but you were the-"

"Both of you stop arguing!" Billie Joe interrupted, "Jesus, I don't think I argue this much!"

I sat down next in the chair next to Billie Joe, who was no arguing with Joey and Jakob about not arguing... Jeez...

"The three of you! Stop arguing about how to stop arguing! You're giving me a headache!" I said, standing up. It was true.. They were giving me a headache

"Sorry" Said Billie Joe, looking down like he was a little kid in trouble.

I giggled, and leaned against the counter. If Joey and Jakob weren't there I would have probably kissed Billie Joe on the cheek... But now with Jakob I felt even the cheek wasn't even a good idea...

Jakob got up, and put his plate in the sink. "Thanks Mandy" He said, and then walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Joey, stop singing those songs" Billie Joe complained, at hearing Joey singing a Green Day song

"Why? Hmmm? I'm not goood enough?!" Joey smirked

"Of course," Billie Joe said, simply

"What?!"

Billie Joe started laughing, while Joey just rolled his eyes and started singing louder.

"Joey, stoooop" Complained Billie Joe, again

I smiled, "You sound like you're a little kid telling his older brother to stop teasing him" I laughed

Billie Joe laughed, while Joey got up, still singing.

"I'm going to change" He said, and then headed off to his room, singing "OH! DEADBEAT HOLIDAY, CELEBRATE YOUR OWN DECAY, THERE'S A VACANT SIGN THAT'S HANGING HIGH ON A NOOSE OVER YOUR HOME!"

I looked at Billie Joe, who's head was on the table. I giggled, and stood next to him. He looked up at me, and smiled, pulling me over to him.

"Look who woke up on the good side of the bed this morning" I laughed, as he put his arms tight around my waist, pulling me close against him.

He smiled, goofily, making me giggle. This is how I had liked it, just sitting there, not needing to say anything in order to say how we were feeling.

I heard footsteps, and quickly got up, and sat in the other chair as Jakob walked in, and sat down at the table. Billie Joe sighed, and got up, walking into the living room. Jakob got up, too, and walked behind his dad. I just sat at the table, getting lost in thought.

"I looked all over this fucking house for you, and your still in the kitchen?!" Exclaimed Billie Joe, walking in the kitchen.

I looked up at him, snapping out of thought and smirked. "You looked all over this house, meanwhile, walking past the kitchen the whole time? And you couldn't even find me here?!" I laughed

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Rub it in" He said, leaning on the wall.

I smiled, and looked down at the table. I couldn't even remember what I had been thinking about.

Billie Joe walked over next to me, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Are you okay? You look out of it"

"Hmmm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine... I was thinking before... And now... I can't remember what I was thinking of..."

Billie Joe bit his lip, and raised an eyebrow, "You can't remember what you were thinking 20 minutes ago?"

"Nope"

"That's... Odd?"

"You say that like it's a question"

"I think it was... I don't know..."

I smiled, and kissed him on the cheek.

"You do know... That if you ever need to talk... I am here for you to talk to..." He said, looking down.

God, he knew how to get to my heart through words.

"Yeah, I know... And that means a lot to me, Billie Joe... A real lot. So much I could never tell you..." I said, getting up and hugging him.

Billie Joe and I had our "moments"... Like, goofy moment, when we're making each other laugh, and do crazy shit. Or like bad moment, when we're ready to kill each other, or moment like that morning when he had climbed on top of me... Or now... When we show each other how we really do care about each other...

Billie Joe smiled, and put his arm around me before kissing me on the cheek. Honestly, I didn't know how I could have gone on without him... Just him being there, and knowing he was there made a smile seep across my face.

"Aww, how cute. Their almost like the perfect couple"

Billie Joe turned his head, and I spun around to see Joey leaning on the doorframe, and smile on his face. I couldn't believe he was smiling. I was relieved to see it was only Joey there, and not Jakob... I had the biggest feeling Jakob didn't like me.

Joey shrugged, "It's not like I hadn't figured out you two were together. I knew before now. I think I found out when I was 10"

I sighed. God, this really wasn't how I thought it would have been like...

"Anyway, you guys are better than... Anthony..."

I didn't know what to say. I felt bad for Joey. He was pretty much the coolest kid, and he had to live with that freak, Anthony... I had met him a couple times. He was pretty stupid, and a total asshole.

"Sorry..." I said to him

Joey smiled, "Nah, don't be. Anyway, I just came to tell you Jakob wanted you to see something... But I have a feeling it's over now"

I started cracking up over that, no idea why. Billie Joe smiled, and took his arm from around me and went to go to where Jakob was. I stood there, still in thought, when Billie Joe popped his head through the doorway.

"Are you coming?"

"Yep, I'm comin" I sighed, and walked out of the kitchen to Billie Joe