In the End

Guess

Billie Joe stared at me, not knowing how to respond to what I had just said. He raised an eyebrow, and watched me slowly.

"What?" He asked after a moment of just staring at each other, avoiding eye contact.

"I'm...pregnant...that's what I couldn't-"

"Wait..What?" Billie Joe asked now staring at me in the eyes, "You're...pregnant?"

I nodded slowly, looking away from him.

Billie Joe didn't say anything. He chewed on his bottom lip and craned his neck to see my face, as if it were a joke or something.

But it wasn't.

He bit his bottom lip again, only a little too hard making him curse at himself under his breath.

"It..it is mine...right?" He asked after a long moment of silence

I looked up at him, feeling a small amount of anger run through me, "Of course" I said bitterly, "What do you take me as? A cheater?"

Billie Joe shook his head, "No no no," He paused, licking his lip, "I'm just...shit..."

What could I say?

He looked back down at me, gently resting his hands on my hips.

"You're...sure?" He asked softly

I nodded, "positive"

"When...did you find out?"

I hesitated, before speaking.

"The..other night. When you went to the bar with Mike and Rachel...and I stayed back with Tre"

Billie Joe glanced at me, "Tre? Tre knew?"

'Shit. Don't be mad'

I nodded slowly, "He's the one that thought I was..."

Billie Joe gave me one of those murderer looks, "That's what he wouldn't tell me?"

"Yes..."

He nodded to himself, careful not to let anything 'slip'

And then he laughed.

"Holey crap" He mumbled, laughing softly, "You're fucking pregnant"

I couldn't find the funny thing...

He rested his hand underneath my chin, gently pushing my head up to look at him. He smiled softly, before pressing his lips against mine.

"I can't believe it" He murmured against my lips, "How...?"

I pulled away, and looked at him, "I...dunno"

Billie Joe shook his head, before wrapping his arms around my back, and pulling me close against him, hugging onto me.

"Holey shit" He murmured, "We're gonna have a kid"

I nodded slowly, looking down.

I knew that the news didn't exactly hit him yet, and that's why he was so calm. He got the part that I was pregnant...it just wasn't going through clearly.

It was obvious with the expression on his face.

Clueless, yet happy.

He licked his lip once again, before gently and slowly backing me up against the arm of the couch, making me slide over it, falling back onto the couch.

***

I didn't know how I woke up in the bed the next morning. But I did.

Billie Joe snored lightly, his arm resting lazily around my waist. He muttered something in his sleep, burying his nose into the back of my neck, and sighing.

I rested my head against his chest, allowing myself to be pulled back into his frame.

It felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders...he knew.

But I knew we would have to speak a little later..therefor, not much weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Billie Joe wasn't going to freak out on me...I knew that much.

I snapped out of my thoughts as Billie Joe moved closer to me, wrapping himself around me.

I looked at him, studying his asleep figure, as one of his eyes opened. He looked at me through one eye for a moment, before opening the other and smiling warmly.

He yawned, and sat up a little, making the duvet slide down him.

"Mmmhm" He hummed to himself, before pulling the sheet over him and curling up close to me again.

"Morning" I whispered

"Morning," He paused, and licked his lip, "Mother"

I looked at him, and then looked away feeling myself turn red.

Billie Joe laughed softly, "You know...I could call you that"

I looked back at him, "But you won't....right?"

Billie Joe lifted his head from my neck, "Maayybbee"

I smiled to myself, letting out a small laugh.

We both looked back at each other for a moment, smiling to each other. Billie Joe tilted his head to the side, before pressing his lips against mine, sending a shiver up my spine.

He had that affect on me every once in a while.

Making it so whatever he did, or however he looked at me I felt a chill run up my spine.

"Hmm hmm" He hummed, resting his head back on my shoulder.

I smiled, looking back down at him. His eyes were fighting so stay open, while he yawned again, nuzzling his nose into the crook of my neck.

"Baby baby" He muttered into my skin, pressing his lips against it, starting to doze off

***

Billie Joe nearly rolled off the couch for the 10th time.

I sighed, and looked down at him, as he twisted and turned furiously, pissed off at his shirt for "strangling" him.

"Fucking asshole" He muttered to himself

"You're gonna fall off" I stated, "It would save you a lot of pain if you were to just get up"

"I'm...not...fuck!...getting up" He grunted, pulling on his shirt until we both heard it rip, "GREAT!"

I bit my lip, "I told you so"

Billie Joe grunted, and sat up, "Look! There's a fucking rip right here!"

"That's usually what happens when you pull on it"

"I don't need your smart-ass comments"

I snorted, covering up my mouth trying not to laugh.

"I liked this shirt, too" He muttered

"Obviously not too much..." I mumbled

"Heard that"

I smiled stupidly, as he sighed, and got up, "So much for this shirt.."

"Do you always rip your shirts when your mad?" I wondered aloud

"No," He paused, "I go after yours"

"Hey!" I jumped up, "You BETTER be lying"

Billie Joe now smiled stupidly, "I love you?"

"Which shirt!?" I demanded

"It wasn't my fault!" Billie Joe held up his hands, "I was pissed off, and you had already gone down stairs because you said I annoyed you because I snored too loud..." He paused, "ANYWAY! I was going to walk out of the bedroom, and I tripped on one of your shirts...and fell...and..it ripped"

I raised an eyebrow, "How would you trip on my shirt? I'm not a slob, like you Billie-"

"Hey!" He squeaked, cutting me off, "I resent that! I'm not a slob"

"Yes you are!" I argued

"Nah ugh!"

"Yeah huh!"

Billie Joe sighed, "I'm NOT a slob..."

"Yeah, you are..it's not your fault, though. Most guys are...you're just a good example of one"

"I'm not an example!"

"Yes, you are! I think I lost myself in that room because instead of doing something with your clothes, you throw them on the floor!"

"I pick them up" He muttered

I snorted, "Yeah...right"

"I do!"

"The last time you did it was because it had food involved!"

Billie Joe smiled, "And it was good, too"

I rolled my eyes, "Not my point"

"It probably was," He said, nodding, "You just don't wanna admit it..."

I looked at him, and licked my lip, "You really are an odd person"

"Thanks" Billie Joe muttered

I smirked, "No problem"

There was a silence, before Billie Joe shrugged.

"Look at the bright side to the shirt thing"

I raised an eyebrow, "Which is...?"

"That's one less shirt that you have to wear"

I thought for a moment, before catching on to what he was saying.

"Horny bastard"

***

"Girl or boy?"

I looked up from the magazine I was reading, to Billie Joe who was looking at me.

"What?" I asked

We had been sitting outside for a while, while Billie Joe had just squeezed in the same chair as me.

He looked at me, placing his arm around my waist and resting it on my stomach, "Think we'll have a girl or boy?"

I bit my lip, "I dunno..."

He sighed, and tilted his head to the side, "What do you want to have, then?"

"I dunno..."

Billie Joe tilted his head to the other side, kissing my cheek, "What if it's a girl?" He asked softly, "You know what that means? I could get my little baby girl..."

I closed my magazine, and looked up at him, "You've always wanted one?"

He nodded, licking his lip, "Mhm...but don't get me wrong," He paused, "I love having 2 boys...Joey and Jakob are my boys, and I love them with all my heart...I just always wanted a little girl,"

I smiled sweetly, resting my head on his chest.

"The Armstrong family lives on," Billie Joe muttered into my hair, "You watch...we'll take over the fuckin world, beat Bush outta the fuckin office and leave him with Tre"

I started laughing, sitting up a little, "Yeah...but you'd have to leave me there to watch what happened"

Billie Joe smirked, "Mhm..."

I lay back down, as Billie Joe rested his chin on the top of my head, "I could be king for MORE than a day"

I looked up at him, and laughed, "Who knows," I said, turning a little, "Maybe you'd even be princess by dawn"

***

"Guess what?"

I sighed, and looked up from the sink, "Every time you ask me that, it ends up the same as Tre...Either 'I forgot' or 'Chicken Butt"

Billie Joe bit his tongue, "Well...I'm not gonna do that this time"

"Yeah you will"

"Nah ugh" He argued, like he was a little kid

I looked at him, and raised an eyebrow, "Okay then...what?"

"Chicken butt"

I licked my bottom lip, and turned back around, "No comment"

Billie Joe laughed, and walked over next to me, hopping up on the counter. He yawned, and looked at me, swinging his legs.

"Okay..so guess what" He started, again

I turned the water off, and looked back at him, "We just did this"

Billie Joe stuck out his tongue, "Well, too bad..." He paused, "Nooow guess what?"

"I'm not doing this all night"

"Doing what?"

"This" I said simply

"This?"

"Yeah"

Billie Joe stared blankly at me, confused. He blinked, before shaking his head, and looking down.

"Okay, now guess what"

"Billie!"

Billie Joe ran his hand through his hair, "Okay...well that was a sucky guess"

"I wasn't guessing" I said, folding my arms

"Okkaayyy" Billie Joe moved back more on the counter, "So guess"

"If I guess will you shut up and stop bothering me?" I asked

Billie Joe nodded, "Mhm"

"Okay," I sighed, "Next week your will discover-"

"No" Billie Joe cut me off, "That was pathetic"

I raised an eyebrow, "You TOLD me to guess!"

Billie Joe hopped down from the counter, only to move to the chair, "Yeah, well...you sucked at it"

I ran my hand through my hair, "Well aren't you nice"

Billie Joe smiled, and nodded, "Very"

There was silence again...

"Okay, so...you already guessed" Billie Joe muttered, "So I guess I'll tell"

I just looked at him, shaking my head slightly, "You turned one little thing into a project"

"It's not my fault! You wouldn't guess"

I scratched the back of my neck, "Gee...I wonder why"

"Me too"

I didn't say anything, and once again I just looked at him. He smiled stupidly, before hopping off the chair.

"Okay...well the news was that we have the awards next week"

I went over and sat down next to where he had been, "Really?"

He nodded, "Yup"

"Cool, Cool...where are they at?"

"Erm," He bit his lip trying to think, "Well...their the VMA's...so florida"

I nodded to myself, "Cool"

Billie Joe nodded, "We...could stay back"

"Huh?" I asked, confused

"Cuz...we'll have to fly...and ya know..." He stuttered

I shook my head, "No, it's fine"

Billie Joe bit his lip, "You sure...? I mean...you hate flying...and-"

I cut him off, "I'll fall asleep, I know I will"

"Mmm"

"And besides," I shrugged, "We couldn't stay home with your favorite awards going on!"

Billie Joe rolled his eyes, "If MTV makes it so it's all hip hop..like they always do I swear I'm gonna pass out"

I laughed, and shook my head, "You annoy the people in front of you by kicking their chair"

He smirked, "Remember that? They actually turned around and yelled at me"

I laughed, and nodded, "I remember that!"

He nodded, "And then I got in trouble by Mike for laughing at the guy"

"You were going insane" I stated

"Yeah huh" He agreed, "And then Tre joined in, and started kicking some ladies chair"

"And she yelled at him" I continued, nodding, "And then saw you, and started getting on your case about something-"

"Meanwhile I nearly fell outta my chair from laughing" He cut me off

"Billie...you DID fall out of you chair"

"Right," He muttered, scratching his neck, "And this was right before we won our award..."

"They announced that you guys won, and you immediately got up and sat in your chair, trying not to laugh, making it look as if you were being good the whole time"

Billie Joe started laughing again, "And I had to wait when we were on stage, because if I started talking I was going to start to laugh"

I also started laughing, thinking about it, "Mike stepped on your foot when you were about to go up to talk, and you had to push Tre up because you were laughing again"

"And nothing was eve funny" He said, nodding, "I just started laughing my ass off"

"Mhm," I paused, "You barely spoke, you thanked people...and then you started laughing...and you apologized because you were laughing"

"Good times," Billie Joe said, nodding, "The VMA's last year were the best"

"Yeah...especially because you convinced over half the people there that you were a lunatic"

He smirked, "I WAS a lunatic"

I nodded, "True"

We both thought back of the VMA's, laughing a little to ourselves.

"You know what?" Billie Joe asked after a moment

I raised an eyebrow, "Hmm?"

"I'm gonna try my best....no, I'm gonna make it so I don't get trashed in the next 9 months"

I tilted my head to the side, biting my lip, "Huh?"

Billie Joe got up, and went next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist, "I'm not gonna come home trashed...I don't want you to feel as if your alone with this" He said, tapping his finger on my stomach, he bowed his head, "I've made that mistake once before"

I couldn't help but smile a little at him.

"You've made that mistake once before?" I asked, a little confused

Billie Joe nodded, "Yeah...when Adie was pregnant with Joey...I made the mistake of getting pissed a lot," He paused, "I was really fucked up then"

I felt bad for him in a way.

"So I'm not gonna make that mistake...last thing I want you to feel is that your alone in this" He said, nodding to himself

I smiled softly, resting my head against his chest, "You don't give your self enough credit at times...you make yourself like this complete asshole"

He shook his head, "But I can be an asshole-"

"Like everyone else?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, "Like I can be a bitch? Like evverryyone?"

Billie Joe laughed softly, "No..."

I raised an eyebrow, "Don't be so hard on yourself, Billie" I nodded slowly, "It causes stress, and you already make it so you have enough of that"

He sighed, "I know...." He paused, nodding, "I just think that...I'll go get drunk, and come home pissed, while your innocent and do something stupid..."

"Like what?" I asked

Billie Joe shrugged, "I dunno...just, in general be an asshole"

"I don't think you would..." I said slowly

He shrugged again, "Who knows.." He paused, biting his lip, "I just don't want you to be the one to find out"