In the End

Getting Drunk on Water

Tre looked down, not knowing what to say.

"Oh my god- please tell me she's wrong" Rachel whimpered, "And that you really aren't cheating"

Tre didn't speak.

"Why'd you go with me if you had a girlfriend?" She asked softly, still not getting an answer from Tre, "Come on! Talk!"

Tre looked up at her, "I'm sorry babe"

"Don't call me that" She whispered angrily, "Don't call me babe"

Tre's bottom lip quivered, looking as if he was going to cry.

"Babe," He whimpered, "Listen..."

He tried to take Rachel's hand, but she flung his hand off of her.

"Don't touch me, don't try to be nice to me..don't do anything" She cried, her vision blurry from the now forming tears.

"You've got it-" He tried

Rachel shook her head, "No..You, Mr. Cool are a cheater. A fucking cheater. Think you could keep it a secret?"

Tre made a sound from the back of his throat sounding like a whimper.

Billie Joe looked at me, chewing on his bottom lip as if to ask what to do. I shrugged, not knowing.

"To think," Rachel said slowly, "That you actually did give a crap about SOMEONE"

"I do-" Tre started

"Other than your fucking self" She snarled

Billie Joe looked down, not knowing if he should try to listen to the conversation, or just to go off on his own thing. The yelling from everyone was getting annoying, and before he knew it, he was going to start yelling.

He muttered something to himself, digging in his pockets for something.

"You're a hypocrite" He finally said after a moment, looking up

I looked away from Rachel and Tre to Billie Joe, raising an eyebrow.

"Huh?" I asked

Billie Joe looked down, picking at his hoodie.

"Tre...he's a hypocrite. Calls me an asshole for getting drunk and treating you bad, meanwhile he's cheating on his girlfriend. Even I'm not that stupid"

Tre glared at Billie Joe, but nodded knowing that he was right.

"I'm leaving" Steph said suddenly

Everyone looked at her except for Billie Joe who was slowly picking apart the sweater.

"What?" Tre asked slowly

She sighed, "I've seemed to fuck everything up in the first 10 minutes that I'm here...so before I do anything else, I'll leave"

"Steph..." Tre squeaked out

She shook her head, "No Tre...don't you think you've done enough?"

Tre went to speak, but Steph walked out of the room. Billie Joe nudged me, nodding his head to where Steph had just walked.

"Should we go after her?" He asked softly

I looked away, and shook my head, "Later...I went to go after her once after something...and I swear, she was gonna kill me"

Billie Joe's eyes widened a bit, as he nodded and looked back down.

"Mmmk..fine"

I shook my head, and looked back to Tre and Rachel.

"Fuck this" She whimpered, "Fuck you Tre"

Tre bit his lip, "Rach...seriously, listen to me. I never meant-"

"You never meant for us to find out" She snarled, "Well too fucking late..."

Billie Joe looked up, watching Rachel grab her coat off the table.

"I'll see you around" She spat at him, before turning to Billie Joe and I nodding as if to say 'call me sometime'

I nodded back, taking a step forward, but she just shook her head and also walked out...leaving just Tre, Billie Joe, and I.

"You gonna tell me what a piece of shit I am?" Tre asked after a moment

Billie Joe sighed, folding his arms across his chest and leaning on the counter.

"You don't need me to remind you," He started nodding his head, "But man...you fucked up. Just...I dunno," He paused, "I'm not your mom or dad, I'm not gonna send you to your room for being an asshole and cheating...but...I don't know...fuck..don't do it again?"

Tre laughed softly despite the situation, hanging his head in shame.

"But...you did fuck up" Billie Joe said, nodding, "I mean...you had an awesome girl, Tre. Why did you need to cheat, dude? You said you wanted to find 'the right one' again..so why did you fuck your chance up already?"

Tre looked down, not saying anything.

"If anything...try to at least talk to them..." Billie Joe added after a moment

Tre just nodded.

"I'm going to bed" He choked out, "Night..."

Tre looked up, and smiled a fake weak smile before exiting the kitchen.

"And then there was two..." Billie Joe mumbled, "Or some shit like that"

I shook my head, "What do we do?" I asked slowly

"We could-"

"No" I cut him off, running a hand through my hair

"You don't know what I was going to say" Billie Joe said, making a funny face, "So ha"

I laughed, shuffling my feet.

"Shall we go?" Billie Joe asked softly, after a moment of silence.

"Sure..."

There really wasn't anything that we could do about everything that happened.

Billie Joe looked around, "Think any of they'll come back to Tre?"

I shrugged, "I dunno..."

"Well...would you come back to me if I did that to you?"

I looked at him raising an eyebrow.

"Would you even cheat?" I asked sharply

He shook his head, "I may be stupid...but I'm not that stupid"

I smiled softly, "Good"

"I'd never get away with it," He muttered shaking his head, "I'd freak out, before saying it..."

I snorted, "I could see that"

"But then again," Billie Joe shrugged, "I have cheated on you"

I stopped walking, and looked at him confused, yet not knowing what to say.

"Mhm," He hummed, putting his arm around me putting his face next to my ear, "With myself"

I looked at him for a moment, before tearing away from him.

"Billie!" I squeaked, "That...I didn't need to know that!!"

Billie Joe started laughing his ass off at my reaction, leaning on the door frame.

"Sick fuck..." I muttered

"Hey" He protested, "You never seemed to mind anything when I'm on stage..."

I raised an eyebrow, "That's....different"

"How?!"

"You're faking"

Billie Joe smiled stupidly, raising an eyebrow.

"You never know" He said after a moment

I folded my arms over my chest, and cocked my head to the side, "And trust me...I'm thankful for that"

***

Billie Joe closed the door as soon as he stepped in after me, before turning around and pushing me up against the wall. I looked at him, confused at first before smiling mischievously.

"You do realize that it's..." He paused, looking for the clock, "12..."

"Mhm"

"You've made me wait an hour"

I smirked, "Oh, how tragic"

"Hey" He said sounding like a little kid, "It was"

"Is that why you sat there the whole time picking at your sweater?"

Billie Joe bit his tongue trying to hide the smile, "Maybe"

There was a silence, in which Billie Joe pressed his lips against mine holding onto my waist. He lifted my shirt up slowly, running his hands over my side...

When my cell phone went off.

I smirked, biting my tongue as Billie Joe pulled away, glaring at my pocket. I went to get my cell phone out, when he grabbed it, dropped it, and kicked it across the floor.

"If it breaks I'll buy you a new one" He muttered bitterly, noticing the look on my face

I giggled as the phone kept ringing before the ring tone got slower, making Billie Joe in 'Minority' sound...odd...

He smirked, before pressing his lips up against mine again.

"You're cell phone ruins everything" he muttered

I nodded slowly, "I've noticed"

Billie Joe smiled, watching me for a moment before letting us 'make up'

***

Billie Joe mumbled something, rolling over to face me. He bumped into my body, slowly opening his eyes, and smiling. He wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling his nose into the back of my neck.

He sighed softly, closing his eyes before 'Minority' filled the house.

Billie Joe's eyes snapped open, "Holey shit" He whispered to himself, "Is her phone following me?"

He slowly crawled over to his side of the bed, laying his hands on the floor, looking under the bed to where the sound was coming. He pushed some clothes out of the way, before finding the cell phone sitting there.

"This is creepy" He muttered, "Is this thing gonna come and eat me or something? I thought I broke it...downstairs..."

He reached out for it, before turning the cell phone on.

"Hello...?"

"Hello?"

"Hello?" He asked

"Who's this?" the person asked

"I don't know" Billie Joe replied dumbly

"No, really, who is this?"

"I don't know..." He said again, raising an eyebrow, "Who is who?"

"You"

"Me?"

"Yes"

"Huh?" Billie Joe asked

The person sighed, getting aggravated with Billie Joe.

"Who are you?" They snapped

Billie Joe sighed, "Depends...who wants to know?"

"Why are you picking up Mandy's cell phone?"

"Cuz she's asleep?" He said, although it sounded like a question

"Can I talk to her?"

"No"

"Why...?" the person asked

"Cuz..."

"Because why...?" The person snipped

"I don't know..."

"Oh my god," The person groaned, "You are so annoying"

Billie Joe snickered, trying not to laugh, "Thanks"

"Can I PLEASE talk to her?"

"When she wakes up"

"Can you wake her up?!"

"I could..."

"What the hell? Are you TRYING to be annoying?"

Billie Joe bit his lip, "No..."

The person sighed, giving up.

"Can you tell her I called?"

"Yes..."

"Will you?" The person asked

"Will I what?"

"TELL HER I CALLED!"

Billie Joe raised an eyebrow, "It's not polite to yell,"

"Tell her I called!"

"Fine" He said simply, now enjoying the fact that this person was getting pissed off.

"Really?" The person asked hopeful that the conversation was actually getting somewhere

"Really really?"

They groaned, muttering 'words' under their breath.

"Just tell her someone called" They snipped, before hanging up on Billie Joe.

"Thanks...I love you too" He said slowly, dropping the cell phone on the floor.

Billie Joe sat up and looked at me chewing on his lip, rolling over to where I was.

"Someone called" He said to me, knowing I was asleep

With that, he wrapped his arms around me, letting himself fall asleep.

***

My eye snapped open to see the side of Billie Joe's head hanging on my shoulder while he snored lightly. I smiled softly, kissing the side of his head, closing my eyes slowly.

"Someone called for you"

I looked at Billie Joe, not noticing that he was awake.

"Hmm?" I hummed

"Before...someone called for you. They don't like me much"

I raised an eyebrow, turning to face him.

"Huh?"

"I annoyed them" He said simply, "They asked stupid questions, so I gave them stupid answers"

I laughed softly, shaking my head.

"They sounded drunk...but not slurring...woah..they must be smart"

I chewed on my lip, "You really are an odd person"

Billie Joe nodded, "I know"

I kissed cheek, resting my head against his chest.

"You know what?" Billie Joe asked

"Hmmm?"

"We have to argue more...not badly"

I pulled away from him, and looked at him, "What?"

He smiled stupidly, "So we can make up"

I looked at him for a moment, before laughing.

He grinned, pulling me closer to him and snuggling up closer to me.

"I'm still tired" He mumbled, "I could sleep all day..."

"Not that you haven't done that before," I pointed out

He nodded, "It's fun...you should try it"

I snorted, "I have"

Billie Joe raised an eyebrow, "When?"

"When I was like 13 on Christmas eve...and once I slept during school cuz I stayed up the night before"

"oohh...exciting" Billie Joe mumbled sarcastically, "You need to stay up all night more...get drunk..sleep all day, act like a bum...you know, how I do"

I snorted, shaking my head.

"Just..." He said slowly, "Not now...not for at least the next 9 months"

I started laughing at him, not knowing what to say to that.

"Sure Billie...get me pumped up about sleeping all day from a bad ass hangover and then tell me I can't for at least 9 months" I said sarcastically

Billie Joe smiled, "You can thank me later"

***

"I'm hungry" Billie Joe muttered, looking through the fridge

I nodded, "Mhm...me too"

He closed the fridge, and looked at me.

"I figured"

I raised an eyebrow, sitting on a stool.

"Huh?"

Billie Joe shrugged, "I'm not as dumb as I look.."

"Yes you are" I cut him off, nodding

Billie Joe narrowed his eyes, "Okay...thanks..." He scratched his neck, "But like I was saying...in a little while, you'll have me running back and forth to the store about 20 times a day because you suddenly want a certain food, but by the time I get back you'll want something else...so I'll have to go out again. And I won't argue because I know that if I do you'll kill me..." He nodded, "By the end of the day I'll end up trying to reason with the store owner why I can't just buy one of everything to make you happy"

I started laughing, looking down at picking at the counter.

"Then the owner will call me a bunch of names in Spanish, so I won't understand...my response will be 'Yeah, you too asshole!' as I'm walking out the door, and then when I get home you'll make it living hell because I got the wrong thing, and then I'll just nod, and agree with you because I know that if I argue it may be the last thing I do"

I raised an eyebrow, still laughing, "Oh really?"

"Mhm...I've had two kids, I know how everything happens"

"You're actually catching on you mean?" I asked

Billie Joe smiled, and nodded stupidly making me laugh.

"By the end of the week I'll have drunk probably thousands of glasses of water as if it's beer, and I'll try to convince myself that I'm drunk and in a happy place where I own the market"

I kept laughing, while he kept going on, telling me how by the end of the 9 months he would finally get the market.

"And then," He muttered, "You wouldn't need it...so I'd have to sit there and tell the asshole how I was just kidding with all the names, and try to get rid of everything"

I shrugged, "So just imagine you're in your happy place with your water..er...beer...water?"

Billie Joe sighed, "I do...every day"

I opened my mouth, pretending to be offended, "I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that"

"So you're gonna join my happy place where you're never insulted?" Billie Joe asked making himself sound like a kid

"Sure Billie...if it makes you happy"