In the End

The Pre-Proposal

"Are you hungry?"

Travis looked at me in surprise, a hat pulled down over his eyes.

"Woah..uh..hi" He said, confused at why I was there

I held up a thing of ice cream.

"Ice cream," I explained, "Is a girl's best friend after something..well...tragic happens. Even though you're not a girl, it could easily be your best friend"

Travis scrunched up his nose in amusement, laughing.

"You're something else," He started, "I'm not sure what it is..but you definitely are something else"

"I know" I said simply with a stupid smile on my face, "And I hope you know that I've very proud of it"

"Oh..I'm sure you are"

I laughed, "I figure..bringing you ice cream and shit is the least I could do after my boyfriend beat you up"

Travis looked away, "Oh..right"

"Travis, I am so fucking sorry about all of this"

I put down the ice cream and flung my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Woah..woah..Mandy, it's okay"

"No, no, no! I'm so sorry" I murmured, "You did not deserve any of this"

"Hey...really..it's okay. I'm not holding grudges or anything"

I sighed, letting go of him, "You..you forgive people too easily"

Travis gave me a lopsided smile, "Yeah..I know"

I shook my head, looking down.

"But hey..come in," He said after a moment, "I forgot that we were at the door"

I nodded, stepping inside his house after Travis.

"Woah..nice house"

Travis smiled, "Thanks..it's nothing special though"

"No..it's actually, really nice"

Travis nodded, "Thanks..but seriously, it's nothin special"

I shrugged, "Yeah..well..I think it's nice...gotta problem with it, Bitch?"

Travis looked at me, narrowing his eyes before laughing.

I smiled innocently, scratching the back of my neck like Billie Joe always did.

Billie Joe

He'd be pissed off if he knew I were with Travis at the moment.

I had told him that I needed to go out for a while...and when he asked if he could come my response was that I just needed time.

I think he felt bad for some reason, but non-the-less he let me go.

Not that I didn't think he would..

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, shutting it off.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he called.

..Which explains why I shut my cell phone off.

"So..how are you feeling?" I asked him lightly, tucking the phone back in my pocket

Travis shrugged, "Meh..can't say I haven't felt better..but I'm not feeling like complete shit"

"That's good..yeah..that's good"

Travis quirked an eyebrow before laughing softly, shaking his head.

"What? Why do people always laugh at me? Jeez..you know, I have feelings too, you loser!"

"I thought I was a bitch?" Travis asked

"Oh..yeah..well..you're that, too"

Travis just shook his head, not know what to say to that.

"So, tell me again, what do I owe to your special visit?"

"Nothing," I shrugged, "It's sorta..my way of saying sorry to you..sorta..for my boyfriend"

"And does he know you're talking to the...enemy?" He asked, holding up finger quotes for 'enemy'

I smiled innocently at that, "That's for me to know...and for you to never find out"

***

"Ello?"

"I thought it was yellow"

I grinned to myself, looking down at my feet.

"It was. Notice the was in that sentence. You're a little slow, aren't you?"

"...No"

"Okay babe, you keep thinking that" I said, stifling a laugh

I heard Billie Joe sigh, "You know..I will"

"Then that's a good thing"

Billie Joe laughed lightly, "So...where are you?"

"Heading back in the hotel"

"Oh..okay"

"I'll be there in a couple minutes"

"That's a good thing"

"Oh really?" I asked lightly, pulling the door to the hotel open

"Yeah"

"Why?"

"Cuz I was lonely," He answered making his voice sound small

I smiled sweetly, heading up to our suit.

"Okay Mr. Lonely..I'm here"

"Goooood"

I went to hear something before hearing the dial tone. I pulled the phone away from my ear, shaking my head at what an idiot Billie Joe was at times.

I slowly made my way up to the suit, counting the number of steps I took for no reason.

As soon as I got to the suit, I took out my key going to open the door when it flew open. Two hands grabbed me, pulled me inside, and then slammed the door shut.

I stared at Billie Joe, my eyes as huge as golf balls.

"...Hi?" I said slowly, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding

"Hello"

"Are you high?"

Billie Joe shook his head, "No. So..where yah been?"

"Out"

He nodded his head, pressing me up against the back of the door.

"You sure you're okay?" I asked him, eyeing him suspiciously

"I'm positively positive that I'm okay"

I laughed softly at that, smiling from the side of my mouth

"You plan on letting me go anytime soon?" I asked him lightly

"...Eventually"

"You sure you're not high?"

Billie Joe nodded once again, looking around the suit as if he were nervous that someone was going to jump out.

"Mhm..I'm just really hyper..and horny," He added in a small voice, smiling widely, "It's cuz Tre came over.."

"Oh..that explains..so much" I mumbled

Billie Joe smiled once again, pressing his lips against mine.

"I've been thinking" He said after a period of silence, "Which is a reason I'm also...very..out there"

"Cuz you've learned to think?" I asked, my voice slightly sarcastic

"Dammit..no..no, that's not the reason"

"Oh. Right"

Billie Joe sighed, still pinning me up against the door.

He pressed his lips softly against mine again, his right hand moving from my arm to the back of my neck.

"You're in a...really good mood" I pointed out after a moment

"You are correct, Ms. Green"

"Mr. Armstrong" I countered

Billie Joe grinned, "You know..it's like fait...your name is Green and im in Green Day..we were so meant to be"

I giggled, "Is that so?"

"Mhm.." He hummed lightly, moving his hand to around my waist now, pulling me against him, "But you never let me finish.."

"Hmm?"

"I've..been thinking..and I want to tell you, or else it's going to eat away at me"

"Okay..spit"

Billie Joe scrunched up his nose, "Spit? Like...you want me to spit on you?"

I started laughing at that, "No..if you did, I'd kill you"

Billie Joe snorted, as if trying to suck up a running nose and then making a face.

"Eww..Billie Joe..don't you dare spit on me"

He made another funny face before opening his mouth and blowing a spit bubble.

"Eww! Get away from me!" I yelped, trying to back away, which didn't work well considering I was already against the door and his arm was around my waist

"At least it's not coming from my nose" He mumbled, making another spit bubble

"Billie! Stop it! It's one thing when I make them, but it's another when you make them and threaten to pop one on me"

Billie Joe shook his head, trying not to laugh.

"I never threatened you..but that sounds like a good idea"

"NO!" I squeaked, "Dammit, Billie Joe...if you fucking spit on me I will kill you"

"Why? I drool on you when I sleep" He pointed out casually, shrugging his shoulders

"What?!"

"Oh come on, like you didn't know that" He said, rolling his eyes playfully

"...I didn't. I didn't know you were a drooler"

"You should"

"Ew!"

Billie Joe started laughing, leaning forward and resting his head on my shoulder now.

"Can I tell you what I've been thinking about now?" He asked in a childish voice

"Oh!! Yeah..shit..sorry for going off topic" I apologized, running a hand through his hair

"It s'okay..but," In a swift movement, he pulled me away from the door and pushed me back on a couch, "This...this is better"

"Mhm...I don't feel so trapped any-"

"I've been thinking," He cut me off, "And..and looking.."

"At...?" I pressed, Billie Joe leaning over me

"Us"

"Ooh..what about 'us'?" I asked gently, looking up at him

"What happens when we have a kiddy?" He asked softly, pressing his lips against mine

I returned the kiss like earlier when he was pausing me against the door, before he pulled away.

"What do you mean 'when we have a kiddy?" I questioned

"What..what are we?"

"What?"

I seriously had no idea what he was talking about.

"Me and you..You and I...what are we?"

"...People?"

Billie Joe sighed, getting aggravated with my answers.

"No! Dammit Mandy," He looked down at me, noticing the confused look on my face, "I've been looking..."

"Looking? At what?"

Billie Joe shook his head, throwing a leg over my hips, sitting on me.

"Shtuff" He said slowly

"So you're not gonna tell me?" I asked

"Yes...I will"

"When is that-"

He cut me off once again by leaning forward and pressing his lips against mine.

"I'm not gonna pull away until you promise to let me talk"

I smiled against his lips, "Okay...I promise"

He nodded, pulling away before biting down hard on his lip.

"I've been looking..with a lot of Mike's help...at" He paused slightly, "Wedding bands"

I stared up at Billie Joe, my eyes slightly wide.

"Oh..uh..Mike..wants to merry Megan already?"

"No"

"Oh"

A silence ran through the suit, Billie Joe looking down at me. He scrambled forward, his hands resting on my shoulders.

"For..for us"

My eyes went wider as I stared up at him.

"I..I want to.." He stuttered, becoming nervous because of the look on my face, "Seal...Seal the deal"

I just stared at Billie Joe, "What?"

His eyes darted around the room, him closing them after a moment, trying to think.

"I want you and I to be a family. And..and before you can come back at me and tell me that you..you don't think we should or something.." He paused once again, "I just..I've been thinking about it...and..and after talking to Mike..he..agree's..and I'm not asking at the moment..I'm just...telling you...letting you know..and-"

"Bill," I tried, "Bill...we just got back together..we just got through another fight because you punched a friend of mine"

"I know" He said softly, "I know, I know..but..I mean..it wouldn't be tomorrow, but-" He cut himself off, "What would you say if I asked you to marry me tomorrow?"

"Billie..jeez..I..I don't know"

"What would you say?"

"Billie-"

"Don't you..don't you want to be married?" He asked, his voice small, "Don't you want to have a family?"

"Course I do-"

"Cuz..cuz if this were Las Vegas, I swear I'd have us married..don't...don't you want to?"

I looked back up at him, noticing that his eyes started to fill with hurt and regret.

"Yes" I murmured, "Yes...course I do...Course I want to be with you forever" I sighed, "But..after everything we've been going through..I just didn't expect you to say this"

"Nothing I do is expected" He pointed out

"Well..yeah..that's true"

There was a comfortable silence that came over us, Billie Joe keeping his eyes on me.

"Would you marry me?" He asked in a whisper, "If I were to ask right now...would you?"

"Are you asking right now?"

"No..no, no, no...not right now...I..I don't have a ring, and this would be a really shitty proposal"

I giggled at that, Billie Joe smiling sweetly at me.

"We're..gonna head back home soon" He mumbled

"Hmm?" I hummed lightly

"You and me...just us..the others are stayin' back in Florida for a while..so..you and I are gonna return home...like...very soon..before you get too far into your pregnancy"

"Oh..right"

"Yeah..so we're gonna head back..not today..but like..tomorrow...mmk?"

I nodded my head slowly, snaking an arm around his back, pulling his body on top of mine.

Billie Joe smiled, winking at me, tiling his head to the side.

"Naughty" He murmured

I threw my head back with a small laugh, "You so wish"

Billie Joe sighed loudly, looking at me from the top of his eyes and smiling innocently, "Yeah...so what if I do?"

I just shrugged innocently, resting a hand on the back of his neck.

"Imagine," He mumbled, "More Armstrong brats for the world to handle"

"That's gonna be torture to a lot of people"

Billie Joe nodded slowly, resting his head on my shoulder.

"You know," He started, "I'm happy this all..happened. Happy we're startin a family..It's..like a second chance..for me..and.." He sighed, "I don't know how to explain it..but I'm happy"

"Good..good"

"Aren't you?"

"Scared..in a way" I breathed out with a short laugh

"Scared?"

"Yeah" I nodded, "I mean..this is..new to me"

"That's..that's why you have me...stand by your side the whole way"

***

"I want you to apologize to him," I started, crossing my arms

"No" Billie Joe muttered bitterly, "He punched back..therefor I'm not apologizing"

"You punched him first. I forgave you, didn't I? I swear to god, Billie..if you don't apologize-"

Billie Joe shook his head, pressing his lips against mine to shut me up.

"Billie.." I mumbled, "Stop"

Billie Joe shook his head once again, his hands now lazily resting on my stomach as he pressed his lips against mine once again.

"Dammit, Billie" I snipped angrily, "What you did was shit to him...you even admitted it to me, now I want you to atleast admit that you were wrong to him"

"I don't want to" He said lightly before pressing his lips against mine once again

"I don't really care," I sighed, letting Billie Joe try to seduce me by placing kisses on my neck, "Bill..you said you wanted to bring us into this whole..marriage thing..."

"Mmhmm"

"If..if we were to..you'd have to admit things," I paused, trying to remember what I was trying to tell him, "Like..like you were wrong"

"I was wrong"

"No..no..not like..to me" I paused once again, Billie Joe pulling me against him, still placing kisses along my neck, trying to get me to shut up about Travis, "To him"

Billie Joe raised his eyes to mine, his lips barely an inch from my neck before he sighed, lifting a hand to his hair and running it through.

"Why do you want me to apologize?" He asked

"Cuz he was innocent"

"No man," Billie Joe said shaking his head, "Is ever innocent"