In the End

The End

"Daddy?"

Billie Joe mumbled something into the pillow, swatting at wherever the voice was coming from.

"Leave me alone," He muttered, "Go away.."

There was a silence in the room, before the small child moved onto her father's bed, poking his side.

"Aww..c'mon..leave your daddy alone, sweetie"

"But mommy said to wake you up"

He groaned, lifting his head from the pillow that his arms were wrapped around, looking to the 5 year old.

"Mommy told you to come and bother daddy?"

"Yeah huh"

He sighed, dropping his head back on the pillow, muttering a small "Bitch" but so his daughter couldn't hear.

"Go tell mommy that daddy said to bite me"

She giggled, before nodding her head, slipping her small body off the bed and running down the stairs, yelling at the top of her lungs "MOMMY!"

"Jesus Christ.." Billie Joe muttered, "I could have done that.."

He continued to mumble bitterly to himself before Sydney ran back into the room, throwing herself on top of the mattress, nearly landing on her father.

"Oh god.."

"Mommy said that to do that you'd have to get up"

"Tell mommy - and this time, don't yell..that I'm an old man, and I can't get up"

"Okay daddy"

She pushed herself off the bed once again, before yelling once again, "MOMMY!"

Billie Joe groaned, "I told you not to yell.."

"Oh..sorry daddy.." The young girl said, peering over the bed to her dad

"Mm...it's okay sweetie..just..don't yell again"

She nodded before taking off out of the room, Billie Joe sighing deeply.

"5 year olds..." He muttered to himself, shaking his head

There was the sound of feet running up the steps, down the hallway, and into the bedroom before the 5 year old once again flew onto the bed..
This time landing on her father, making him curl up into a ball and groan in pain, his eyes squeezed shut.

"Oh god, Sydney.." He grunted, holding onto his stomach

She looked at her dad, the huge smile from her face turning into a frown slowly.

"I'm sorry, daddy," She murmured, crawling over to her dad, "I'm sorry.."

He nodded his head slowly, still gripping his body.

"I think you crushed my spleen or something.."

Sydney's eyes widened, having no idea what the hell a spleen was, but automatically being afraid.

"I'm sorry daddy..I'm really sorry," She whimpered, "Want me to get mommy? MOMMY!"

"No..Sydney, baby..that's okay-"

"MOMMY! DADDY'S SPWEEN WON'T WORK!"

"Oh my.."

I stood downstairs, drying my hands on a towel, a confused look on my face.

"Daddy's spleen won't work?" I mumbled to myself, "What the..?"

I turned the faucet off, pulling my hair up quickly before stepping up the stairs, the confused look still on my face.

Billie Joe lay curled up on the bed, Sydney staring at him through wide eyes.

I sighed pathetically, shaking my head.

"What did you do now, Billie?"

He groaned, "She jumped on me.."

Sydney stared at her dad, apologizing still.

"Sweetie, you can't jump on your dad like that," I said lightly, lifting her up and placing her on my lap as I sat down on the bed, "Because your daddy is an old man..and old men can't take people with energy"

"Oh.." she murmured gently, wrapping one of my arms around her small body, "Sorry daddy.."

He groaned one last time, before slowly sitting up, the duvet sliding down his body slowly.

"No..no..it's okay..because your mother is wrong..I'm not old..just in pain when a small human jumps on me.."

"Oh" She mumbled, resting her head on my arm.

I laughed softly, Billie Joe sliding his body over to the side of the bed where Sydney and I sat, placing a hand on my knee.
"You didn't crush my spleen, babe..and if you did, I wouldn't know..I never payed attention in health class.."

The 5 year old giggled, biting the tip of her thumb.

Sydney had turned a whole 5 years old that year.

5 years old

Billie Joe and I were both amazed how fast time could go.

*

"She's 5 fuckin' years old.." He mumbled into my skin, his body wrapped around my own

"Mhhmm"

"I..I don't like this..she's growing up too fast..I don't want her to"

I smiled lazily into his neck, kissing him softly.

"Bill..everyone grows up..you're growin up..eh..sorta..but I am, too"

He sighed lightly, "I know..but I liked it when she was a little baby..I liked it when I could sit there and talk to her and she'd just giggle, and smile..that cute little smile..I..miss all that"

"Aww..Bill"

He breathed out, shrugging his shoulders slowly, "I'm being stupid..I know..I should be happy that she's growin up..that she's turning out so well..but..I don't know.."

I giggled softly, nodding, "I know.."

"I'm not too fond of you growing up, either" He muttered, "Not that it's bad, babe...but..I..I don't like how fast life is going now..I hate it..I want everything to stay the same for a while..til' I'm ready for it to change"

"Bill..not everything is gonna wait for you"

He nodded, pulling me closer.

"I..know..but..mm..never mind, babe"


*

Billie Joe smiled, looking at Sydney. He looked up towards me, his lips puckered.

I grinned lazily at him, Sydney closing her eyes slowly in my arms, her small hand wrapped around my arm, holding it close to her body.

Ever since she had a bad dream once that her father and I were taken while she had a nap, she made sure both of us were close by when she slept.
*
"Mommy?"

I lifted my head slowly, Billie Joe snoring his ass off next to me.

"Sid?" I asked, my voice a croak because I was nearly asleep

"Yeah," She sniffled

I sat up, looking around the dark room, looking to see the small child's figure.

"What's wrong, babe? Come 'ere"

I heard the shuffle of her small feet before the bed sunk down a little, her crawling over to me.

"I had a bad dweam" She murmured, her voice muffled as she clung onto me

"Aww..sweetie..it's okay.."

She sniffled, rubbing her eyes that had started to burn with tears.

"Baby..okay..what happened?"

I pulled the small child onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her.

"Daddy and you were taken by someone..and you never came back"

I smiled softly to her, kissing her head.

"Babe..we're not leaving you any time soon..Hel-eck..we won't ever leave you..you're our baby"

She nodded her head slowly, clinging onto my tank top.

"Here..babe..you wanna sleep in here tonight?" I asked gently

She nodded, pressing her head to my stomach. I smiled gently, turning and pushing the still snoring Billie Joe over, trying to make room for her in the bed.

He grunted, making a dull sound before swatting my arm.

"Joe..leave me alone," He croaked

"Move over" I murmured, ignoring what he had just told me.

He shifted his body closer to mine, making me sigh pathetically, although a smile spread on my face.

"No..Bill..hunny, to the other side..Sydney had a bad dream, and she wants to sleep in here"

Billie Joe lifted his head, looking over his shoulder, blinking a few times to get his eyes adjusted to the dark.

"Aww..what happened? She in here now?"

"Mhmm..right here"

He pushed his body up, squinting his eyes, trying to see us.

"Sydney, babe? You had a bad dream?"

She nodded her head slowly, biting her bottom lip.

"Aww..c'mere" He said sweetly, opening his arms to hug his daughter.

She looked at me, as if to ask if it was okay to go over to her father, me smiling gently, taking my arm from around her.

She got up, crawling over to her father, laying down in his arms, him kissing her forehead sweetly.

"Aww..sweetie"

She curled her body against her fathers, burying her small head into his neck.

I lay back down, moving closer to the father and daughter, closing my eyes.


*

Billie Joe sat at the kitchen counter, his fingers curled around a plastic cup as he set it down, swallowing the liquid that had sat in it.

"I love orange juice.."

I laughed softly, shaking my head at him.

"You laugh? Why?"

I looked over my should at him, who sat in a pair of boxers and a t-shirt at the kitchen counter, looking at me.

"You sound Spanish when you say it like that.."

He nodded his head slowly, licking his lip, "That's cool..considering I'm not Spanish"

I smirked, shaking my head, going back to what I was doing.

He groaned, stretching his legs and arms, before dropping his head on the counter, making a 'thud'.

"That sounded good," I mumbled, not looking at him

"Ughh..that felt like shit..fuck..that hurt" He muttered, lifting his head from the counter, holding it, "Oh man.."

I sighed gently, turning the faucet off before stalking over to the counter, sitting on the stools, watching Billie Joe nurse his head.

I giggled, rolling my eyes playfully at him.

"I'm not like the friggen 20 year old I use to be..walking around..slamming my head on things.."

I smiled, watching him rub his head before looking at me, his hair screwed up even more than before.

"I'm tired," He mumbled after a moment, "Sydney jumping on me like a friggen pillow this morning drained all my energy out of me.."

I laughed lightly, picking at a banana, not sure if I was hungry or not.

"You get tired that quick, huh?" I smirked

He nodded his head, sliding off his stool, pulling it towards me and sitting back on it.

Billie Joe sighed, wrapping an arm around my body, resting his head in my neck.

"I love you," He murmured gently, pressing his lips to my ear

I kissed him gently, returning the three words.

I heard the sound of footsteps, looking up as Sydney walked into the kitchen, sliding off her tiny sketchers. She looked at Billie Joe and I, pressing her small fists to her hips.

"Mommy.."

I pulled myself from Billie Joe, bending down to pick her up, placing her small body onto the stool next to us, seeing as she was too small to get up on her own.

"What happened, sweetie?"

She shrugged, stretching her arms out on the counter.

"I don't know..I just wanted you to pick me up"

I smiled lazily at her, Billie Joe back to resting his head on my shoulder, every once in a while placing a kiss on it.

Sydney giggled, a small "Eww" escaping her lips as she looked at her dad.

He sat up, his hair screwed up, an eyebrow quirked as he looked to her. They stared at each other for a moment, before he slipped his tongue out through his lips, going cross-eyed.

The five year old started laughing, lifting her hand to her mouth, her eyes twinkling.

Billie Joe grinned, stopping what he was doing.

She giggled once again, uttering a small "Daddy"

Billie Joe smiled once again at her, before resting his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes.

*

"I'm so tired.." Billie Joe murmured

I nodded my head, Billie Joe placing himself next to me.
"I'm sorry I wasn't home last night, until late.." He yawned, shaking his head, "Mike and Tre kept me at the studio."

I smiled gently, pressing my lips to his temple.

"It's okay"

He sighed, his body lazily resting on mine, his head resting on my neck.

"How's Sydney?" He murmured

I shrugged, "Probably sleeping..She usually sleeps til' noon"

Billie Joe smiled lazily, "She gets that from me..I love to sleep til' really late in the day..and stay up all night"

"Like a nocturnal person?" I smirked

He looked at me, puckering his lips.

"No..that's creepy"

I giggled into his arm, making him smile.

"You're ah-dorable" He said softly, pressing his lips to my nose, looking into my eyes, "It's not often someone like you is met by someone like me"

I grinned, kissing the side of his neck.

"Then our relationship is rare, hmm?"

He nodded his head, "Special..it's special"

Billie Joe's hands moved to my stomach, pressing them against it.

"Suddenly," He started, pushing himself up slowly, his head dipped down to share a kiss, "Suddenly..I'm not so tired anymore.."


*

I heard Billie Joe chuckle, watching him talk on the phone to someone.

"Mommy?"

I turned so I was facing the small girl, licking my bottom lip.

"Yeah, babe?"

She lifted her arms up, signaling that she wanted to be picked up. I sighed, a smile appearing on my face as I leant down to get her, lifting her up and placing her on my lap where she curled herself against my body, wrapping my arm around her.

I kissed the top of her forehead gently, leaning back on the couch in the lounge.

Billie Joe appeared back in the room, settling himself down on the couch next to Sydney and I. He looked at his little girl, smiling from the side of her mouth, watching her small body curled up against mine.

"Tre was on the phone," He said, a grin on his face, "He sounds like he's drunk"

I laughed lightly, Billie Joe kissing my temple, his arm sliding around the back of my neck. He yawned, lifting his legs to rest them on the coffee table, slouching down on the couch more.



Billie Joe looked at me once again, before he lay back down, sprawled out over the couch again.

"You look like a bum" I snorted

"Whaat? No...no I don't"

"Yeah, you do"

There was a silence once throughout the room, as Billie Joe looked at me with a confused look on his face.

I quirked an eyebrow as Billie Joe outstretched his arms.

"Come 'ere" He said, biting his lip, "Come to your sexy bum"

I let out a laugh before stumbling over to him, him slipping his finger through my belt loop and pulling me on his lap, pressing his chest against my back.

"I wouldn't go for a sexy bum..but you're better than the hobo"

Billie Joe laughed, shaking his head, "Thanks babe...I feel so special"


"Where's the remote? Can I see it?" Billie Joe asked softly, not knowing if Sydney had fallen asleep

I nodded, picking up the remote on the other side of me, placing a hand on Sydney's back so my movement wouldn't wake her.

"When are you and the guys going back to the studio?" I asked softly, looking over to Billie.

He sighed, looking down at his shorts, picking at the fray in them.

"I..don't know..I don't really want to rush," He looked back up at me, "I guess I'll start writing again, but," he shrugged slightly, "I like just spending time with family..with you and Sydney..and I know as soon as we go in the studio, I'm not home a lot, and once a cd is released, there's so many press conferences, photo shoots, and then tour."

He paused, running a hand through his hair hastily.

"And I don't want to leave home now..I don't want to go on tour..it's just..to long, and I don't want to be away from you and her..I mean, I know you can come on tour with the guys, Rachel and I..but Sydney can't..cuz of the language, drinking..ehh.." He spoke more softly, "Shex.."

I giggled at the way he said that, nodding my head.

"Yeah..it's no place for her..so..so I don't want to go..plus she'd miss school when she does start it," Billie Joe's eyes widened, "Holey crap..she's going to start school like..next year"

"Mhhm" I hummed softly

"Wow.." He looked over at me, looking more sad now, "Our little girl..she's..she's growing up.."

I smiled gently, pressing my lips softly against his.

"That's not bad, babe" I murmured

"I know..it's just..before we know it..she'll be a teenager..and then she'll be more interested in friends..and not talk to us..and-"

"Billie, Bill, you worry too much, hun"

He frowned, twiddling his thumbs, "I know..I just hate seeing her grow up so fast..I mean..I loved when I was able to sit there at night and talk to her, and she would just listen..and giggle...I miss her as a little, tiny baby that I could carry around in my arms when I went places," He sighed sadly, "I'm not saying that I like her less now..because I fu- eh..freaking love her..she's my little girl..my first little girl.." He sighed, "I sound stupid..don't I? I sound really stupid.."

I gave him a lopsided smile, kissing him gently.

"No, you don't, Bill"

"No..I do..cuz I sound like I don't love her anymore..and I do."

"I know, sweetie," I murmured, "Just because you're saying that you miss holding a small baby in your arms doesn't mean you don't love her..I understand.."

He sighed, placing his hand on Sydney's small body.

"I think I'm just tired.."

I nodded my head, "You seem it...you're starting to go into your little 'PMS' mood"

Billie Joe grinned, shaking his head.

"I'll put Sydney to bed" I said lightly, standing up, "Kay?"

He nodded his head, "I'll shut off the lights..tv..all that.."

We both stood up, me holding Sydney, her head resting on my shoulder, one of her arms moving to my neck, holding on, only being half asleep.

"Ssh..go to sleep, hun" I murmured, kissing her head

She hummed a small "Hmm" before moving around, her eyes still closed as I took her up to her room, laying her gently on the bed.

"Night sweetie," I said softly, pulling the duvet up to her waist, and kissing her forehead lightly

I stepped out of the room, walking into our bedroom, letting my hair down.
I changed quietly, brushing my teeth once again before Billie Joe entered the room, plopping himself down, sprawling himself out over all of the bed. I laughed, shaking my head, pressing my hand to my forehead before walking over to the bed, pushing him over.

Or, in this case, trying to push him over.

"I think I could fall asleep like this," He grumbled into the mattress, his words muffled.

I folded my arms over my chest, looking at him.

"Then where would I fall asleep?"

He patted a hand to the spot on the bed next to him.

"Next to me..beside me..on top of me.."

I laughed, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Billie Joe turned over, so that he lay on his back, looking up at me. He lifted his arm up, wrapping his fingers around my own arm before pulling me down on top of him, a childish smile appearing on his face, showing his crooked teeth.

"Mm..I think you like it, too" He mumbled into my neck after seeing my facial expression.

I giggled into his tattooed chest, him holding my arms.

"Most people, when they grow older, Billie," I started, "They grow more mature.."

Billie Joe shook his head, "Not me."

I gave him a lopsided smile, "I kinda figured that, hun"

He smiled once again, pressing his lips against my own.

"Before..when I was talking about tour..and sex..I wasn't meaning sex was a bad thing, you know" He muttered, pulling my body against his roughly.

"I know," I murmured into his chest, "You saying something like that is like saying Tre is an angel"

Billie Joe snorted, wrapping his legs around my own, looking up at me.

"Well, I'm glad we have that understood, now"

"Mhmm..but it was never misunderstood"

He nodded his head, his warm hands lifting up my t-shirt and placing themselves on my skin, his head tilting back slightly.

"You look really good right now" He breathed out, looking up at me

I blushed, looking at his chest.

"I thought you were tired, hmm?"

He snorted.

"Silly little girl," He said in a small voice, "I am never tired when you're on top of me"

It took me everything not to laugh, but I manage not to, although a huge grin spread across my face, my cheeks going a deeper shade of pink.

He closed his eyes for a moment, before pushing me off him, my body landing next to his. Everything fell quiet for a moment before he sat up, crawling over and to me.

"I may get older age wise," He mumbled, "But I will never age mentally..which means I will always enjoy this"

***

"Oh god.."

I lifted my head slowly that was buried in Billie Joe's neck, opening my eyes slowly.

"What's up?" I murmured gently, resting my head on his tattooed arm.

"I can hear that voice"

I quirked an eyebrow, placing a hand on his back.

"What voice?"

He sighed deeply, sliding his body lower in the bed, pulling the duvet up more.

"Spongebob.."

I looked at him for a moment before giggling, burying my head back in his neck.

"That's not funny, babe" He mumbled, "His voice seriously annoys the hell out of me..why the hell is that creep still on tv?"

I stifled a laugh, moving closer to him.

"Because when they make a cartoon, hun, they don't freak out wondering if Billie Joe Armstrong is going to like it"

"They should.." He grunted

"But they don't"

"Mm..but they should. I'm more important than that fucking sponge.."

"Not to three year olds.." I murmured

He sighed once again, wrapping his arms around my body as a comfortable silence came over us.

..Which was interrupted by Spongebob's laugh that echoed through the house.

"Oh for fucks sake.." Billie Joe muttered, "That thing has to be stopped.."

I giggled into his chest, pulling his body against mine as he went to get up.

"Chill out, babe..let Sydney watch cartoons"

He groaned, "Can't she watch another cartoon?"

"Course she can..she just doesn't want to"

Billie Joe mumbled something into my neck before another laugh echoed throughout the house.

"Fuck..that's it..I'll be back"

"Bill..."

He shook his head, "I'm just gonna ask if she can turn it down"

I nodded my head, Billie Joe pulling himself from around me and slipping out from under the duvet. He muttered a few obscenities as he looked around the room, pulling on clothes quickly.

He looked back at me, nodding his head as if beckoning me to go with him. I sighed gently to myself, before repeating what he had just done, and following him down the stairs, into the lounge...

Where Sydney was sitting, accompanied by an older man, who was smiling and laughing at the tv, too.

"I shoulda known.." Billie Joe muttered, sitting back in one of the lay-z-boy love seat, pulling me down with him, looking over at the drummer.

"Armstrong!"

Billie Joe grunted, shaking his head.

Tre smiled, leaning over the arm of the couch, looking at Billie Joe an I.

"I came over this morning, cuz Rachel got pissed off at me, and Sydney was watching Spongebob..so I figured I'd watch it with her...you should never leave your kids alone..they're bound to run off. I know. I've done that with Frankito and Ramona"

Billie Joe snorted, shaking his head at the drummer.

"Tre..we have a door...knock on it"

Tre nodded his head, biting his bottom lip.

"Okay..I will next time"

Billie Joe rolled his eyes, "You say that every time.."

"I know"

I laughed softly, sliding off Billie Joe and walking into the kitchen, opening the fridge, hearing the echo of Tre and Billie Joe talking.

"Mommy?"

I turned around from the fridge, looking to see Sydney standing behind me.

"Hey sweetie"

She smiled, lifting her arms, wanting me to pick her up. I returned the smiling, lifting the 5 year old up, her learning against my shoulder.

"I'm hungry," She stated, looking with me in the fridge.

"Mhm..so am I"

We both looked into the fridge, both looking for something to eat.

"Can I have a go-gurt?" She asked after a moment.

"Mhm, sure babe"

I shifted her in my arms, grabbing a yogurt from the fridge and handing it to her, still holding her.

"Can you open it for me?"

I nodded my head, placing her small body on the counter, taking the go-gurt from her tiny hands, and ripping the top of before handing it back to her.

"Thanks mommy"

I smiled gently, kissing her forehead.

"No problem"

She grinned, swinging her legs off the counter, watching me take a glass and orange juice out. I poured some into the glass, going to offer some to her when the carton slid out of my hand, and being placed against someone else's lips.

"Billie!" I cried out, taking it from his hands

He grinned, wiping the orange mustache from his upper lip as Sydney giggled.

I groaned, shaking my head at him.

"What?" He asked, a stupid smile placed on his lips, "It saves a glass to clean, right Joe?"

"Yeah, but it now it'll be all nasty"

"How?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow, "What...do I have cooties or something?"

I giggled, along with Sydney who was still concentrating on her go-gurt.

"Yeah, Billie..you've got lot's of 'em"

Billie Joe's eyes widened, before he grinned lazily.

"Tre has more"

I laughed, "Okay..that's true"

He nodded his head, leaning against the fridge.

"Mommy..I'm done"

I looked over at Sydney, who looked back at me holding her arms out, one with the empty tube of go-gurt in it.

"Okay babe"

I lifted her up, placing her on the ground, taking the empty tube from her as she ran off to go watch the remainder of spongebob, Billie Joe hopping up and taking her place on the counter.

"Speaking of Tre..what's going on?" I asked after a moment

"With him and Rachel, you mean?" He asked, picking at a piece of lint on his checkered boxers

I nodded my head, not looking at him.

He shrugged, "They're just going through the same time we went through..when we fought a lot"

"Oh..that sucks"

Billie Joe nodded, pulling me over to him, wrapping his arms around my back. He pressed his lips to my neck gently, nuzzling his nose in it.

"I'm happy we're over that stupid phase..and we've moved on"

I nodded my head.

"We're smart.." He rambled, pulling me closer against him, him still sitting on the counter.

"Yeah?" I asked softly

"Yeah..cause..we realize," He muttered, "That everything will be fine..in the end"

The End