Theory of Summer

Chapter Three

"--and 'til deaf will you park!" Finished Zach, who had said he had gone to his cousin's wedding. Somehow, i didn't think he got it quite right.

[flashback]

...I laughed and chased after Mikey, him laugh-screaming a couple yards in front of me. Pouring on the speed, I cought up and grabbed him arm. We both tumbled to the ground as I giggled, "Stop, please!" I sat up and watched Mikey get up, then looked at him with my big doe-like eyes.

"Can you help me up?" I said, blushing. He grinned and stretched out hs little hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. Apparently, I went up too fast because I ended up toppling us both over again. I was laughing so hard by now that i was practically crying. Finally, we both got up and I ran over to the swings. He chased after me and sat on the swing next to me. We sat there, talking for the whole time. Just as we were about to be called inside from the playground, Mikey looked in my eyes. I blushed furiously.

"Do ya wanna marry me?" I blushed even more. Then i nodded; I had the hugest crush on Mikey, and this made it bigger. Just then Mrs. A called us in the class from the playground.

[end flashback]

...Mikey kissed me on the cheek. Trinity and Dawn cheered for me. Joey had said that people threw rice at married people when they get married, so as a compromise, they threw sand at us.

"Run!" I squealed. We ducked and ran for cover, and ended up underneath the big part of the playground. We sat there, and Mikey grabbed my hand. I grinned at him, and he grinned back.

Mrs. A stepped outside and saw the barrage of slap-happy Kindergarteners throwing sand at the playground.

"What is the meaning of this?" She sounded like she thought we had all gone insane. "Who started this? Which one of you was it?" No one stopped, or talked to her. They all just kept throwing the sand.

"Do I have to call all of your parents?" She asked, hysterical. Suddenly, all children throwing sand stopped, and turned to shake heads or stare at our horrible teacher. She smiled to herself.

"Now," she said, "who started this-this-battle? And why, dear children, were you throwing sand at the playground?" She stared at all of the children in the eye. I peeked out so I could see more than the ends of her legs and the feet. I immediately ducked back under the playground. Finally, someone stepped forward.

"We were thwoing sand cause Summer and Mikey got mawied!" I said with big eyes. Mrs. A raised an eyebrow.

"What does that have anything to do with throwing sand?"

Someone else stepped forward and said innocently, "joey said that people throw rice at married people when they get married."

"Ah." she nodded and smiled faintly, "Now where is the married couple?" she crouched down to our small height. Everyone looked to where me and Mikey were hiding. She looked in our direction and came over.

"Summer? Mikey? Are you under there?"

"Yes." I squeaked. Mikey squeezed my hand.

"Can you come out from under there?" We crawled out. Mrs. A looked at us holding each other's hand, and smiled, teary-eyed. She backoned us all inside, and let us all sit on the floor in front of her big chair, like it was story time.

"Now, children. When I was in Kindergarten, like you are now, I got married to the little boy I had a crush on." A girl named Rayne's hand flew up.

"Yes, Rayne?"

"How long ago where you in Kindergarten?" she asked.

Mrs. A smiled, obviously in a place and time where she had been long before we were born. "A long time ago, Rayne. Now, the boy I married that long time ago is now my husband. We lasted together for this long. Don't you all think that's amazing?" We all nodded, wide-eyed.

I was thinking that, even though I was just in Kindergarten. I wanted to be just like Mrs. A with her Kindergarten crush. Man, I planned big.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long guys! Comments and READERS would also be great!!!

watching the notebook. :"0 its so sappy! but still cry-worthy.
i promise ill still love you guys!
Erika