Jump

Breakfast

As I walked back home, I thought of the possibilities. Okay… so I can jump from place to place in a matter of seconds. What could I do with this power? Was it given to me for a reason? If so, then by whom? I’d seen enough movies to know that I had to keep this a secret. From everyone.

“Hey Mom! I’m back.” I shut the door behind me.

“Hey. Did you have fun?’’

“Oh yeah.” Who said almost getting run over wasn’t fun? Shaking my head, I walked upstairs to my room. If anyone found out about this I could be experimented on. Okay, that was a really science fiction-y thought, but it could happen! I sighed. No matter how science fiction-y it was, I had to be careful about this.

Since it was now Saturday, mom was at work, and I had the house all to myself. I headed out to see just what I could do with this… this ability. I wasn’t too sure how the jumping thing worked, but I knew that in order to, jump that is, I had to think of the place. Okay, you can do this. I stopped pacing and concentrated on the sidewalk about two yards away. One second… two…. I felt the tug again, and I felt a wooshing. When I opened my eyes, I was on the sidewalk. I smiled.

* * * *

Jake’s P.O.V

Mmm. Cereal. I was thinking about Emily, and if she was what I suspected. If she was, I was in some seriously deep shizz.

“Jake, I’m going to go. We think that someone jumped at the mall.” My spoon was almost in my mouth when I froze.

I turned to my mom, “ Do you know who it was?”

“No, but there’s a significant amount of energy at the crosswalk, and they jumped right in the traffic light camera’s blindspot. What luck, huh? We’re going to see how fresh it is. When I come back I want this messed cleaned up.” she motioned to the cereal box and milk I left on the otherwise spotless counter in our spotless kitchen, and kissed my hair.

“Love you.”

Oh. My. Freaking. Crack. We were at the crosswalk. Okay. Calm down.Tons of people went to that crosswalk everyday. It could be anyone! But… that does explain how she wasn’t hit by that truck.. In fact, it explains it a little too well..ah! No!! I refused to believe it. When I became a paladin, I would not kill my best friend, because I wouldn’t need to. She’s not even a jumper. I fed these lies to myself until a few days later, when Emily called.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M. SO. SORRY.

I know it's been, like, months since i started writing again.. but i just couldn't find the will to write for some reason! i'm so sorry!

thank you for taking the time to read my story! I hope it hasn't been a waste of your time!