Paradox

Chapter 1

I never would`ve thought morning were really this unbearable. You wake up, the sun burns the lids off your eyes, you feel the immoral pain of the crust at the corners sticking at the tender skin, having to muster up the energy to move your legs -- and for what? -- just to live another day being judged by not only your peers, but also the adults seeking to "improve" you. It`s pure pressure, pure stress too.

Honestly, I think there`s nothing majorly improper about me. Sure, I`m not perfect for most people, but who is? Yes, I`m a slob time and time again. Yes, I`m chubbier compared to the slinky bastards giving me hell. Yes, I`m not exactly "the norm" as some would say. And yes, I am different, but what`s wrong with a little originality?

"Get up!" Remember those adults I was talking about? Well, my mother is one of those people giving me stress all the damn time. 'Pick up your things' 'did you do your homework already?' 'No, you can`t buy tickets for that concert'. Jeeze. It`s not like I`m that untrustworthy, right?

Another thing I hate about mornings, your parents are always getting you to talk, like there was something dire to converse about. 'You read for school?' 'Anything up for today?' 'What time are you getting home?' -- too many questions. I always loved it when it was just my sister and I awake in the early hours -- that is if I`m awake that soon. We would barely talk, just go on with our ways.

I sensed this morning wasn`t any different from all the others. And like all of them, I would just horse around my room, delaying my parents' usual routine. God, Calista. She does have a point about your messy room.. Pants, shirts, ripped posters, homework I barely finished -- the things all left on the floor that caught my eye. My eyes wondered to the bed.

"...why aren`t you with me." Oh, how I wished I could live in my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
But hey, just an intro.
Nothing interesting.

xo,
C ♥