‹ Prequel: The Cullen

Morning Light

Clue

This small French town was not much better. Most of the inhabitants were vampires. The smell of them infiltrated my senses the instant I walked into the little place. I stayed at the local inn on top of the ‘bar’, where all they served was red wine. Few humans lived there, perhaps eight human families in all. Occasionally one of the teenagers would go missing.

I was there for almost four weeks and three had gone missing. Someone was really hungry. I was tired of it, so I decided to find out who it was. I put myself out there for him or her. I stayed out late in the bar, hoping to find him, assuming it was a guy, but I was wrong. Of course it would be a girl this time. I sighed when I saw her and her thoughts.

She sat down beside me and looked me over. I cringed inside. I smiled politely and took another sip of my water. I was drinking water at a bar, yes. I could just see the red around her eyes behind her contacts; she was hungry. Her thoughts of her recent victims disgusted me: two boys, and one girl. I wanted to toss her through the brick wall, but I needed to pretend that I was human. I just smiled at her weakly as she continued to stare me down.

Ah, her ability. She can control people; make them do whatever she wanted. I didn’t know if I should pretend to do as she said or not, but I knew if she didn’t get the chance now, she would come in the middle of the night. That works better. She was still looking at me as I got from my seat and walked to the stairs. I threw one more glance behind to find her still looking at me, licking her lips. I shuddered. I walked miserably up the stairs.

I walked into my little room that had a small living room/kitchen. The bedroom and bathroom were in the back, through the left of corner of the living room. I sighed and plopped on the couch. All I had to was wait and pretend to be asleep. She would be coming in an hour. What to do, what to do? I took out my phone, tempted to text Katie. I was worried about Katie. I wanted to know what she was doing; how she handled her mother. I’ll probably never know. I let out another sigh.

I passed my time reminiscing about the past and fantasizing about the future. I would wonder what it would have been like if I hadn‘t left. What would I have done? Gone back to Forks with Edward and lead a normal life? Like I’m normal. Would Katie have come with us? I missed Alice. I missed Charlie. I missed everyone. My favorite fantasy was about Edward. He accepted me for me. I’m not sure the full extent of his feelings. I doubt he cared for me very much; I wasn’t Bella. I’m sure he loved and cared for me in his own way. We were happy; everyone was. I smiled at my ridiculousness. That would never happen.

Mid fantasy, I heard something at the window. It was easy to look asleep; my eyes were already closed. It looked like I was already dreaming, smiling slightly. She stalked over to the couch, bending over my head. She wanted to play games. She would tickle my nose, so I would move. Then, she would make noises to wake me up, since I was “asleep“. Yeah right. It was all just aggravating.

Her hand was coming for my throat to lift me up to see her. I caught it before she could even touch me and flung her over the couch. She landed on her feet and crouched. She hissed, her eyes blazing red. I stood on the couch staring down at her. She sprang; I caught her and we both landed on the floor. She crawled on top, grabbing my head and smacking it on the floor. I dazed for a second. I kneed her in the back, sending her flying to the other side if the living room.

She stood up. She stopped and stared at me. “What are you?”

“I’m getting really tired of hearing that question. If you must know, I’m pretty much a hybrid.”

“Hybrid of what?” She took a step closer.

“Human and vampire.”

“No, you’re not.”

“What?” I barked.

“You don’t have that much human in you.” She was standing right in front of me, analyzing me. “I mean you do have a little. I can definitely see the vampire in you, but you’re something more. I’ve never seen anything like you before. I’ve met a few Halflings in my lifetime, and you are definitely not half and half.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about,” I hissed. I pushed her back from me. “Your power is to make people bend at your will, not to depict them.”

“That is just one power I have. I can see people, creatures, for what they really are. It’s much like reading an aura,” she smiled. “You can’t figure everyone out, Lynn.”

I roared. I tackled her. I didn’t want to hear her lies. She didn’t put up much of a fight, but again, I wouldn’t let her. We went through the back window. I tore her limb from limb. I was beyond crazed. Something came over me. I didn’t know what, but whatever it was scared me. She laid there broken in pieces. I set her aflame with a flick of my hand. I slumped to my knees before her flaming body and cried.

She was, perhaps, the only key to knowing what I really am. Ever since my father mentioned no human could survive giving birth to a Halfling, I knew there was something more to my mother. Something she never told me. I cried for this pathetic creature; I cried for the lost clues in my life; I cried for my damned life; I cried for everyone who have ever met me. I cried until dawn.

I packed the few things I had brought with me and set out. I left the money on the small end table and walked out into the waiting world. I made my way to Venice. Venice held so many adventures for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope ya'll like this.
I know i haven't updated in so long, and I apologize.
I've been working on a new story.
It is called Legend Awaits.
Please go read it and tell me what you think about it.
I don't know if i should continue it;
a few people have read it but left no comment, so i don't if anyone likes it.
so if you could be so kind, please read it and tell me if you like it.