Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 13.

We were all sitting together on the sand, my parents had joined us.

Nat, short for Nathalie, Brian’s girlfriend, kept glaring at me every once in a while. It would have made me uncomfortable if Brian wasn’t looking at Aiden and Angelina every two seconds.

“Guys, we should finish the game we started earlier!” said Matt, kissing Val’s cheek before getting up. Johnny, Jimmy and Zacky mimicked his action.

“I have to go.” Said Nat, trying to catch Brian’s attention as his gaze was now glued on Celia who was sitting on my mother’s lap.

“Oh okay.” He said, looking at her. She pressed her lips against his, I held my hand in front of Celia’s eyes as they started making out right in front of everyone.

She whispered something in his ear, which caused him to smirk before she raised to her feet, showing off her long tanned legs and winked at him and she starting walking away.

“Aiden, Angie. We need back up, do you want to play with us?” asked Matt.

“Sure!” replied Angelina who had gotten over the shock and was now able to speak correctly.

“I think I’m up for girls versus boys” said Cha, getting up and Ash , Val and Jess followed her.

“We are going to head back home, Celia is tired.” Said my mother, and my father nodded approvingly.

I tried to protest, but it was too late and it was just Brian and me…

I should have gotten up and pretended that I wanted to play… but no, they all unite against me. The silence was kinda awkward… Too awkward if you ask me.

“Why aren’t you playing with them?” I asked, wrapping Billy’s towel around my shoulder.

“Nathalie wanted me to stay with her.” He replied emotionlessly as his gaze was once again glued on Aiden and Angelina. “How old are they?” he asked suddenly, after a few seconds of deadly silence.

“15, almost sixteen.” I replied as I watched his face turned from wonders to sadness.

“Like lying wasn’t enough…” he whispered under his breath.

“Excuse me?” I asked him, wanting him to explain.

“Like lying wasn’t enough! You also had to cheat on me!” he said loud enough for me to hear this time.

“What?” I asked my voice raising.

“I’m sure Billy was happy to fuck you behind my back! I can’t believe I thought you loved me!” he muttered, glaring at me and then at Billy who was completely unaware of our conversation since he was too busy playing with everyone else.

“Don’t you dare!” I growled, wrapping the towel tighter around me.

“Oh come on! Don’t act like the victim here!” he said, his voice raising.

“Will you stop your bullshit for a second? Billy isn’t the father!” I snapped.

“Even better!” he replied, his tone matching mine.

“You are!” I yelled, loosing patience and glaring at him.

“What?”

“Oh yeah, you heard me right. You are the father!” I said, lowering my voice as Billy glance at me. “I wanted to tell you, just like I wanted to tell you about who I was, but just couldn’t find the right time to do so.” I said, feeling like I had to explain.

Brian didn’t react or say anything for a good couple of minutes, probably taking everything in. It must be quite a shock for him to hear that he had two children who are already 15 year-old.

“Do they know?” he asked, his eyes meeting mine.

“No. They know Billy isn’t their father but that’s all.” I replied, not breaking the gaze.

“Are you going to tell them anytime soon?” he asked in a whisper.

“If you want me to, yes. But if you want to wait until you told Nathalie about it, that’s fine.”

“I want them to know, if you don’t mind…” he mumbled the last part, looking at his lap.

“I don’t mind. They’re your kids too. But don’t you think Nat would want to know? It might be a shock…” I asked, insisting on the fact that Nat wouldn’t be please.

“Like you said, they’re my kids, not hers.” He replied looking at them.

“Don’t you have…”

Brian cut me off, “She doesn’t want kids.” He replied simply, his voice cold. I dropped my gaze, that was a touchy subject it seems.

“Do you want me to tell them now, or later?” I asked, changing the subject.

“The sooner the better.” He replied, standing up and brushing the sand off his shorts.

“All right.” I whispered, standing up as well. I took a deep breath and started to make my way towards them.

“Can we tell them together?” asked Brian, catching up with me. I stopped dead in tracks and turn around so I could look at him.

“As you want…” I replied as he started walking again.

“Brian, wait!” I called out, jogging to catch up with him.

“Yes?”

“Happy belated birthday.”