Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 14.

Brian stood next to me as I waved at Aiden and Angelina, asking them to come over. Billy gave me a questioning look that quickly turned into an anxious one as I simply nodded shortly, keeping my gaze locked with his.

Billy’s POV.

I watched as Brian and Lyn made their way towards us, walking side by side but keeping a certain distance between them. They stopped and Lyn waved at Aiden and Angelina, motioning them to come over. I couldn’t help but wonder what it was all about until Lyn nodded shortly, keeping her gaze locked with mine.

Brian knew, and they were going to tell Aiden and Angelina.

I wasn’t afraid about Angelina’s reaction. The worst she could do would be passing out but Aiden… The kid was unpredictable.

I watched intensively as Lyn took a deep breath and started talking, looking up at Brian and then back at the twins. I couldn’t see their faces, but I wasn’t preoccupied by this, I had enough to worry about Lyn.

I knew it wasn’t something easy for her and right now I admire her courage. She always said that I was very patient, maybe I was, but it was nothing in comparison to her courage. I know that if I was in her place, I would certainly not handle the situation as well as she was handling it.

Like earlier, when the volley ball almost hit her and all of a sudden she was face to face with the guys and then her brother and in less than 15 minutes, everything she was dreading to happen happened in a really short amount of time. She didn’t break down or ran away from the situation like I thought she would have. I hadn’t given her enough credit…

I saw her close her eyes for a second before opening them again and she looked at Aiden. I wasn’t really good at reading on people’s lips but I was able to discern the end of her sentence.

Is you father.

This declaration was followed by a scream coming from Angelina and she didn’t move, just brought her hands up to her mouth. Aiden stayed still and I knew he was looking at his mother. Lyn held her head low as Brian started talking, too fast for me to discern a word he was saying.

Before I knew it, Angelina had her arms wrapped around Brian, her father and was probably crying. I was only assuming since Brian was rubbing small circles on her back and his head resting on top of hers, his eyes closed, obviously trying not to cry himself.

Poor guy, it must be kind of a shock for him…

He released Angelina from the hug and wiped her cheeks with his thumb before he turned to look at Aiden, who took a step forward and hug Brian.

That was unpredictable, I never thought Aiden would react this way, I thought he was going to throw a tantrum or something…

Lyn was standing aside, her gaze glued on her feet, looking ashamed. She had no reason to be, really. She did what was right. She looked up and her gaze met mine.

I wasn’t paying attention to the game anymore and I think everyone noticed it by now. Brian opened his arms wider and Angelina rejoined the hug. That was the final blow.

Lyn looked at Brian and her kids for a second before she looked away and started to make her way towards us. I started walking in her direction, immediately wrapping my arms around her as she reach me. She didn’t cry. She simply wrapped her arms around me, burying her face in my T-shirt.

We stayed like that for a minute or so.

“Adeline is it okay if I come at your parents’ house to pick the kids up tomorrow morning?” asked Brian as he made his way towards us, stopping just a few feet away.

I thought she wasn’t going to answer, or simply nod but no. She lifted her head and turned a little so she could look at him.

“No problem Brian.” She replied, her voice steady. He nodded and then hugged Aiden and Angelina again.

“I need to get going, I’ll see you two in the morning all right?” he asked, looking at the twins.

Angelina nodded, looking worriedly at her mother as Aiden replied, “Sure thing!” with a big smile enlightening his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt bad for leaving you hanging like that, so I thought I might update again =)
You might be a little disapointed by Aiden's reactions, seeing as he didn't throw a tantrum or whatnot, but just keep in mind that it's only the begining and that Aiden might be nice for a while, like the calm before the huricane or I don't know how you say it in English ><
Whatever, I'll stop now, I hope you like this chapter, and thank you all for your comments, I love you!

A <3