Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 23.

“Yeah!” she screamed happily as I killed the engine. I grabbed the bag with some fresh clothes for both Angelina and Aiden, as well as the bag with towels and stuff for the beach. Celia was waiting impatiently, tapping her foot.

“Hold on!” I said as I closed the door and locked the car. She ran to the front door and knocked on it like her whole life depended on it.

“Aiden!” she screamed, hugging him. I stayed behind, waiting for his reactions. He smiled and hugged her kissing her cheek.

“S'up munchkin? Ready to go swimming?” he asked, looking at his little sister.

“Sure thing! I put my bathing suit on!” she said, lifting her T-shirt. He laughed.

“That's great! Angelina is inside,” he said, pointing at the living room from over his shoulder.

“Yeah!” she squealed and ran past him.

“Hey mum.” he said, biting his lip.

“Hello Aiden.” I said taking a step closer. He stepped aside, and let me in. I thanked him and dropped the bag in the hall.

“I took some fresh clothes for you and Angie, did Brian told you that you would be staying here tonight?” I asked.

“Yeah he did. And thank you mum.”

“No problem.” I said just as Angelina ran to me and hugged me.

“Hi mum!” she said happily.

“Hey!” I whispered, hugging her.

“Dad is upstairs, finishing getting ready.” explained Aiden as Celia tugged at his shorts.

“Aiden, are we going to built a sandcastle?” she asked.

“Sure munchkin, we are going to built an whole fortress, with towers and stuff, okay?”

“Yeah!” she squealed happily and hugged his leg, since she was too short to hug him really.

“Hey there! Oh damn, I'm late!” muttered Brian as he was making his way down the stairs.

“Hey Lyn!” he said smiling, and then took a step forward hugging me. It took me less than a second to react and hug him back.

“Hey uncle Bri!” said Celia, waving at him. My eyes widened. Uncle Bri? Oh well, she calls Zacky and the guys 'uncle'...

“Let's get this show on the road!” said Brian as he grabbed his car keys from the counter and made his way to the front door, opening it and standing aside so we could all walked out. He closed the door after us and locked it before heading to his car.

Aiden, Celia and Angelina got in the back seat as I sat on the passenger seat and Brian started the engine. It felt weird to be sitting next to Brian in a car, the last time was when he drove me to school and never came to pick me up. I closed my eyes, trying to block those memories out of my mind. I had no idea where he was going but we were driving past my old school and I felt my heart tightening in my chest.

“That was your mother's school...” explained Brian as he parked the car, “but I spent a lot of time there too... Hanging with my friends and sh... stuff.” he stopped himself before saying 'shit' in front of Celia.

“Cool!” said Aiden, smiling as he looked at the old building that was just too old.

“Alright kids, now let's grab something to eat so we can go to the beach.” said Brian as he started the engine again and drove off. I starred out of the window, wondering how I had managed to stay away from Huntington for so long. It felt so great to be back, but at the same time it was almost painful, being with Brian with our kids in the back, except for Celia, who was Billy's. It was just awkward...

“What do you want to eat?” asked Brian as he stopped in front of McDonalds.

“Whatever you want, I'll just wait for you in the car.” I said, handing him my wallet.

“No way!” he said, shaking his head and then looked at the kids.

“What do you want?”

And they all started shouting at the same, trying to let Brian know what they wanted. Poor man...

“Oï!” I shouted, louder than everyone else. They all shut up and Brian starred at me, his eyes wide. I ignored him.

“Calm down okay? McDonalds isn't going to disappear and Brian isn't a machine, he can't understand you when you are all shouting, okay?”

They all nodded, even Aiden did.

“Good. How about you all go with Brian?” They all nodded and got out of the car. I turned up the radio and laid my head back, closing my eyes and breathing in and out slowly. The first song I heard was familiar... I knew it by heart, I knew it, but for some reasons, the lyrics I remembered weren't the same in that song...

“And the lastest hit by Perfect Nightmare, ‘Turn Around.’ ”

“What the hell!” I whispered, my eyes wide. That's why I knew that goddamn song! I fucking wrote it! The problem was that Nathalie changed the goddamn lyrics, almost changing the whole meaning of the song. I brought a hand to my mouth and tried to hold back the tears of frustration that were threatening to spill... She fucked up my song! My song!

I clenched my fists and took a few deep breath, I turned off the radio and tried to calm down.

“We're back!” said Angelina as she opened the door and slide on the backseat, holding the drinks.

“We took you a Coke but Dad wanted to get you a Sprite.” she explained. I nodded, barely listening to her.

“Mum, are you alright?” asked Aiden as he sat back in the car, looking at me worriedly.

“Yeah, I'm fine sorry. I just heard something that bothers me on the radio...”

“Was it a Tokyo Hotel's song?” asked Brian with a small smile. I smiled back but shook my head.

“What was it?” asked Angelina.

“Nothing, just forget it. So, when are we going to the beach huh?” I asked, looking at Brian, waiting for him to start the engine.

“Oh yeah, let's go!” he said and drove off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, read this.
And thank you all for your comments on the last chapter.

A <3