Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 24.

“Mummy? can we go swimming now?” asked Celia for the hundredth time in less than two minutes.

“Celia, leave mummy alone will ya? Come on, we are going to built that sandcastle I promised you.” said Aiden, taking his little sister's hand in his and walking with her towards further into the sand with a bucket full of everything he might need to built a sand castle.

My eyes widened as he knelled down in the sand and Celia sat in front of him, a big smile enlightening her face, showing off her dimples. Angelina kissed my cheek and rested her head on my shoulder, smiling.

“I'm going to help them!” she said as she got up.

Seeing the three of them playing together in the sand, especcially Aiden with Celia was the best thing in the world, I just wish it would happen more often. I wrapped my arms around my knees and rested my head on my hands, sighing happily.

“It doesn't happen often?” asked Brian, looking at me.

I shook my head, “I wish it would though...”

“Do you think it's his way of apologizing for the way he acted yesterday?” he asked, looking at his son and his daughter.

“Maybe... But you never know with Aiden.” I replied.

“He doesn't hate you Adeline, he's just lost.” he said, moving closer to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I rested my head against his shoulder and sighed. It was nothing more than a friendly gesture, but it was welcome.

“You have to understand him, it was a shock for him when he found out about his father, and not knowing the full story isn't helping him either...” he said softly. I nodded slowly. I had nothing to loose...

“Okay, I will tell him but not now... I don't feel like telling him.” I whispered, hugging my knees closer.

“It's as you want Adeline...” he said and we fell silent after that, not an awkward one. I closed my eyes, sighing happily.

**

Aiden's POV.

“Mummy? Is she dead?”

“No Celia, your mother is just tired, she's only sleeping she will wake up.” whispered Brian.

“She is rather pale, is she okay?” asked Angelina.

“Yeah, she has always been pale. And I don't think she spends her free time outside, trying to get a nice tan.” said Brian.

“Yeah, you are right, she doesn't.” I said, watching my mother sleeping form. It was weird to see her so peaceful, she's always stressed and I guess I ain't helping her. But I just want her to be honest for once, I want her to tell me the whole story from the first time she saw Dad to now. I won't let her get away with her lies anymore, I want to know the truth and I will, one way or an other. She needs to tell us, we deserved the fucking truth. I reckon that I ain't always the nicest person with her, but I don't like liars.

She stirred in her sleep and yawned. She sighed and her eyes fluttered open.

“Oh damn...” she whispered, “I fell asleep didn't I?”

Dad smiled, “Yeah, you did.”

“Oh crap! I'm sorry! How long I had been asleep?” she asked, sitting up, running a hand through her hair.

“About an hour or so...” said Angelina.

“Look at our sandcastle!” said Celia, pointing at the amount of sand in the middle of the beach. It wasn't like I had pictured it in my mind, but it wasn't that bad. It did look like a sandcastle, that was all that mattered and also Celia was happy.

“That's great kids! It looks awesome!” she said smiling at Celia and then at me. It was so rare to see her smile like that... And once again, I felt bad for putting through so much shit, but as I said before, I will do anything I can until she breaks down and tell us the real story. No more lies.

“I know mum, Aiden is awesome right?” said Celia, sitting between Brian and Angelina, a big smile on her face. She's just adorable. I know that sometimes I'm not the best of brothers, but I really love her, just like I love Angelina. It just kills me that a girl as adorable as Celia is the daughter of an asshole. It wasn't logical! That's when I had an idea, probably the best idea ever... It was just so awesome, no words could even describe it. I smiled.

“Yes Celia, your brother is awesome.” she said, nodding but keeping her gaze on the towel she was sitting on.

I ignored it, stretched my arms above my head and yawned.

“Aren't you supposed to meet up with Billy?” asked Brian and I frowned. I had completely forgotten about that scumbag.

Mum looked at her cell phone. “Nah, I still have some time.” she said, getting up. “How about...” she trailed off as she took off her jeans and T-shirt, “we go swimming?” she suggested and then started running to the water.

“Oh is that so?” asked Brian as he put Celia on his shoulder and started running too. I exchanged a quick glance with Angelina before I threw the T-shirt over my head and started running, with Angelina hot on my tails.

I ran at full speed and finally caught up with my mother just as we reached the water. She smiled and jumped in the water, she didn’t seem to care about the coldness of the water.

“I win!” she said, throwing her arms up in triumph. I shook my head and laugh too.

“You cheated!” said Brian, putting Celia down so she could swim.

“I didn't!” she said, stucking her tongue out at my father. He glared playfully at her and opened his mouth to say something but stopped before he did, Mum had just splashed water at him, with a small smile on her face, showing off her dimples.

“Oh right...” muttered Dad as he swam towards her and threw her over his shoulder like she doesn't weight anything. “You're going down Adeline!” he said, about to drop her in the ocean.

“You're going under too Brian!” she warned.

“You wouldn't dare humiliating me in front of our children!” he said as he let her go.

“Oh I so would...” she said looking at him, smirking.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night babe!” he said jokingly. And then, with one hand she covered Celia's eyes as she flipped him off with the other. I blinked. My mother just gave the bird to Synyster Gates.

“Right...” growled my father. She laughed and swam back to the beach. She got out of the water and ran back to where our stuff were, laughing.

I took Celia's hand and we both made our way back to where our mother was. She was drying off her hair with a towel, her head hanging. That's when I saw the small tattoo on her neck, the Warning logo. I hadn't seen it in a while she was always were her hair down.

“Celia!” she said as she looked up and saw us standing there. Celia was shivering, her lips purple. She threw her towel over her shoulder, grabbed one and wrapped it around Celia and kissed her cheek. Then she grabbed an other one and wrapped it around my shoulder and ruffled my hair.

“Where's Angie?”

“Brian!” Angelina squealed, “Put me down!”

“As you wish princess!” and he dropped her on the sand. I laughed, wrapping the towel tighter around my shoulders. Mum helped Angelina back on her feet and gave her a towel before she gave one to Dad, who smiled at her in return.

If it wasn't for Celia, we almost looked like a normal family.

**

“We should head back... don't want you to be late.” said Brian as he ruffled Mum's hair. She swat his hand and glared at him as I opened the trunk to put the bag and the bucket back in.

“Stop messing with my hair Syn!” she muttered, hitting his chest.

“What are you going to do about it Lyn?” he asked, smirking.

I couldn't stop smiling during the whole exchange.

“Are you okay Aiden?” asked Angelina as we got in the car.

“Fantastic.” I said, watching my father and mother arguing about who was going to drive.

“It's my car!” he argued, pointing at the car.

“It's my turn!” she argued back.

“Do you think they'll go back togeth...” I was cut off by Angelina.

“Stop it Aiden, Mum loves Billy whether you like it or not, this is how it is and nothing you can do will change that.” she said frowning, but her frown was soon replaced by a smile as Mum snatched the keys out of Brian's hand. “She's happy, and mum and dad are trying to act civilized towards each other for us, don't mess that up with an other of your tantrum.” she muttered, glaring at me.

“There's more than just being civilized with one other, they're joking around, messing with each others...” but once again she cut me off.

“They've been friends for ages!”

“They've been lovers too!” I argued.

“Just stop that Aiden, whatever you have in mind, just drop it! You're going to mess everything up!” she quickly said just as Mum slide on the passenger seat.

“Why aren't you driving?” I asked, smiling at her.

“Your father, who's too stubborn for his own good, won't let me drive his car!” she muttered, glarring at Brian.

“You know what they say about women driving fast cars…” he said smiling cheekily.

She glared at him.

“You know you love me really...” said Brian with a smile as he started the engine.

“Pshh!” she said, rolling her eyes.

I grinned and watch Angelina with the 'I-told-you-so' kind of look. But she just mouthed back 'It doesn't mean anything.' I shrugged, I had an idea, and I was sure everything will fall back in place once I will put it in action.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all for your comments =)
A <3