Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 7.

It was Saturday morning, we had just left Joel and everyone and we were on our way to my parents and Huntington Beach.

“I can’t believe it…” whispered Angelina, gazing out of the window.

I had to agree with her, I couldn’t believe it either… I’d never have thought I would go to stay at my parents for a week…

Something must be wrong with me… It was like suicide.

“Mum… Can you put something else than that” muttered Aiden.

I quickly looked at him from over my shoulder and sighed, taking out the MCR CD that was playing.

“Can you put ‘Waking the Fallen’ on?” asked Celia.

Reluctantly, I grabbed the CD from its case and put it on, not without a sight.

“Thanks mum!” said Angelina, followed by Celia and Aiden, for once…

I focussed my gaze on the road ahead and couldn’t help but think about the day I decided to walk to Los Angeles. It was ages ago… That day had acted like a turning point in my life… In a day, I broke up with Brian, met Cha and the girls, went to my first Good Charlotte show and met Billy, and I also managed to drop out of school, and I became the guitarist and singer for Perfect Nightmare.

So many things that seemed so insignificant at the time became a huge part of my life and were part of the reason why I am where I am now, sitting in this car, on my way back to the place where I spent the best days of my life…

I wondered how everything would have turned out if I hadn’t heard that discussion between these two girls in class… Maybe Brian and Matt would have came back to visit me? Maybe I would have graduate and then tour with them…

Maybe I’d be with Brian, or maybe not… Maybe I wouldn’t have met Billy.

I looked at him for a second, Billy

Without him, I don’t know where I’d be…

I rested my head on the window as I felt my hear tightening as each second was bringing me closer to where it all started…

The day I met Brian Elwin Haner Junior.

I sighed and closed my eyes, trying to get ride of those memories. But they are things you just cannot forget, no matter how bad want to, you just can’t…

“Lyn?”

My eyes fluttered open.

“Are you alright?” asked Billy, concerned.

“Yes, why?”

“You’re crying.” He said, as he held my hand, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

“Am not.” I said, wiping my cheeks with the sleeve of my hoodie, only to notice that a few tears had escaped. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes again.

“Just too many memories…” I whispered, glancing out of the window and that’s when I noticed we had just arrived to Huntington Beach.

I must have fallen asleep…

I gave direction to my parents’ house, wishing the time would stop…

**

We were all sitting around the table, in the dining room. The table was full with food.

“Mum… I told you not to bother cooking us breakfast, cereals would have…”

“Don’t be silly, you knew I would cook you breakfast!” said Linda, my mother with a bright smile as Aiden took another pancake.

“Then don’t bother for lunch, I think we’ll be able to wait until dinner…” I said, taking a bit from my toast.

My father just shook his head at me, a small smile on his lips as my mother was refilling Billy’s cup.

I smiled back at him, happy to be back home.

I missed my parents, and I knew that there were only a few chances for me to run into Matt or anyone during my stay, they were probably touring anyway…

“So, what do you want to do today?” asked my father, looking at Aiden than at Billy.

“How about, nothing?” I suggested.

“Sleepy already?” asked my father with a chuckle.

“I don’t sleep very well…” I explained, as I yawned, proving my point at the same time. My mother looked at me, concerned.

“I agree with mum for once, I don’t feel like moving today.” Said Aiden, rubbing his stomach.

“That’s because you ate too much and you won’t be able to move your fat ass.” Teased Angelina, earning a playful glare from her twin.

We didn’t do anything the all day, except from watching moves all together in the living room. We watched some classics such as ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’, ‘The Lion king’, ‘Corpse bride’, ‘The Little Mermaid’, ‘Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘Big Fish’… Tim Burton and Disney fans much?

It felt good to do nothing and to spend some time together.

And for a second, we almost looked like a normal family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, thanks a lot for the comments, and also for readign this story. It means a lot =D
Hope you liked the family reunion ^^"

A<3