Status: Completed.

From the Wreckage We All Rise.

Chapter 8.

I slowly stirred in my sleep and snuggled closer to the body lying next to me, resting my head on his chest.

“Good morning.” He said, lightly stroking my hair.

“Hey” I replied in a whisper, rubbing my eyes and looking at my surroundings.

My room was exactly like I left it, posters covering the walls, we couldn’t even see the real colour of the walls underneath. Papers and empty CDs case on the desk. It felt weird to be here after all those years, lying on this bed with someone who wasn’t Brian.

I remembered the countless night I spent thinking about my future with him: getting married right after I turned 21, two kids and a house next to the beach and with a black Labrador.

But I wasn’t with Brian, I wasn’t married, I had three kids, I lived on the East Coast in an apartment and I didn’t have any pet…

I sighed.

“How do you think it will last?” I asked, looking at the man that now shared my life.

“What?” he whispered, his thumb gently stroking my cheek.

“This silence.” I replied, smiling before I kissed his chest.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms tighter around me. I looked at him and rested my hands on his chest, pushing myself up to his level and kissed his lips. He smiled and kissed me back.

“Are you aware that at any moment, one of the girls is going to come in to see if we’re awake?” he asked with a small smile. I groaned and rested my head on the pillow.

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven …


“Mum!”

Billy chuckled and kissed my cheek.

“Mum!” and the door opened, revealing Angelina and Celia.

“You could have knocked.” I said as Celia jumped on the bed and settle herself between her father and me.

“Why? I knew you would be decent. I mean, it’s your parents’ house and we are staying in the room right next to yours.” Said Angelina, shrugging.

I rolled my eyes, if she only knew what I did with her father in this room…. I shook my head, trying not to think about it.

“So, what happened?” I asked, throwing the covers away and pulling on the hem of my T-shirt.

“Grandma said that it was time for you and Dad to get up!” said Celia, her arms wrapped around her father, in a tight hug.

“Fine” I mumbled, running a hand through my hair and getting up.

“I’m going to take a shower.” Said Billy as he kissed Celia’s forehead and she got off the bed.

“All right.” I said nodding and blew him a kiss before I closed the door behind me and started making my way down the stairs. Angelina and Celia went in the living room.

“Don’t you look stunning!” said my mother as soon as I stepped in the kitchen.

My hair was messy, I was wearing a Level 27 T-shirt and one of Billy’s shorts. I laughed and hugged my mother, kissing her cheek.

“Where’s breakfast?” I asked, looking at the dinning table.

“Honey, it’s close to midday, it’s too late for breakfast.” She said with a chuckle.

“Damn, I slept hat much?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“You should be getting ready, we are leaving in a few.” Said my father as he adjusted his collar.

“Where are we going?” I asked, ready to go back to my room to get ready.

“No time for questions, just go and get dressed.” Said my mother as she ushered me up the stairs. “you have twenty minutes.”

I didn’t say anything and started to make my way towards the bathroom. I knocked on the door:
“It’s me!” I said.

Seconds later, the door unlocked and I was able to come in. Billy had just gotten out of the shower, a towel wrapped around his waist.

“Mum told me that we have twenty minutes to get ready. Apparently we are going out for lunch.” I explained as I kissed his cheek and locked the door again. I quickly got undressed and got in the shower.

When I got out, Billy was shaved and was about to go back to my room to get dressed.

“I’ll see you in a minute” he said as he closed the door behind him, leaving me in the bathroom.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and sighed. I looked exhausted even though I slept more than I usually do…

I shook my head and grabbed my toothbrush.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks a lot for the comments, and also for reading =D
If you could check this and tell me what you think, I'll love you forever =D

A <3