Sequel: The Truth Hurts Worse

Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

Prologue

19 year old Patrick Stump stared at his girlfriend, shocked. Did he hear her right? Was she breaking up with him? He reached up and touched her cheek, hoping to be assured this was a joke. It was a joke, it had to be. Luci loved him, she told him just a week ago. Now she stood there, telling him it was over.

“Don’t… don’t joke, Luci, please.” He whispered, shaking his head. “This isn’t funny. Is this some joke between you and Pete?” He looked towards the closet of bedroom, expecting his friend to be in there with a video camera, ready to record the explosion. When no one popped out, he looked back at his girlfriend.

She looked crushed, as though this was a hard decision. “No, it’s no joke. I’m being serious…” Luci told him, shaking her head. “We…we have to end it. It’s for the best.” Patrick grabbed her by the shoulders, shaking her gently, as though hoping this would make her think straight.

“W-Why?! Are your parents telling you to do this?” He asked, his voice getting tight. “If…if your parents wa-want you to leave me, tell them to fuck off! Move in with me! T-That way it’ll work out…w-we can get married…and, and… you can travel with the band and be our manager… it’ll work out!”

“S-Stop, Patrick!” She knocked his hands away, shaking her head. Her mind was racing. She didn’t want this reaction. She just wanted to end it. She sat down on his bed, covering her face. Patrick knelt in front of his girlfriend, cupping her face in his hands.

“Why?” He whispered, biting his lip. Luci closed her eyes and leaned into his hands, sighing. There was a real reason she was doing this, but she didn’t want to tell him. It wasn’t his problem, it was hers. “Are… are you leaving me for someone else?” The thought of that angered him. “Are you leaving me for Pete?!”

Luci glared at him and he shrank back. “I wouldn’t fucking do that!” She snapped, grabbing his wrist. “Do you think I’m some sort of whore now, ‘Trick?!” He shook his head, letting out a sob. Luci calmed down and rubbed her face, letting go of him. “I need to go, Patrick. I have to leave.”

“Why are you doing this to me?” He whispered. The way he spoke, it broke her heart. He sounded so hurt, almost lost. She didn’t want to look at him, otherwise she’d start crying.

Luci got to her feet, placing her hand on his head. “It… it has to happen, ‘Trick.” She replied. “You have your calling, I have mine. We’re… finished.” With that, she hurried out of his room and down the stairs, ignoring his mother’s questions about what was going on.

The car out front started up, waiting for her. Luci quickly entered it, slamming and locking the door. She glanced up at the house. Patrick had followed her down to the front porch and was watching her, looking absolutely heart broken.

“Did you tell him?” The driver asked, looking over at her as he pulled away from the curb. Luci shook her head, hugging herself. He sighed, shaking his head. “Luci…”

“I couldn’t, grandpa!” She cried, covering her eyes. “If… I told him, he’d want to quit the band! I couldn’t do that to him! I know that was a bitch move, but he’ll feel better about it… I know…” Lawrence didn’t say anything and continued to drive, turning on the radio softly.

When they got on the freeway, Luci’s phone started ringing. She looked at the number, sniffing. It was Pete. Sighing, she answered it. “What, Pete?”

“What the fuck, Luci?! I’m over here at Patrick’s… he’s a mess, saying you broke up with him!” Luci held the phone away from her ear. Damn, he was loud. Her grandpa suddenly took the phone from her, not letting her answer.

“Look here, son.” Lawrence suddenly growled. Pete heard him and went quiet, letting out a soft ‘eep’. “What my granddaughter does is her own business. She had her reasons for ending it with Patrick, and I hope that you, as her best friend, respects that, or else there’s going to be trouble.” With that, he hung up the phone, handing it back to Luci. She looked at him, rather surprised. Lawrence let out an annoyed sigh as he drove. “Fucking kids and their drama.” He mumbled, shaking his head.

“Thanks, grandpa…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Slight inspiration from an rp I did with a friend, and this is the second re-write for this story. :] Hopefully it's good.