Sequel: The Truth Hurts Worse

Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

Chapter 12

Patrick awoke to a splitting head ache and stinging on his chest. That was the third time he had this dream since starting the tour. He started to sit up, but the throbbing in his head kept him from moving. Groaning, he reached over, feeling around for an extra pillow. He just about jumped out of his skin when he felt another body in his bed. Patrick forced himself to sit back up, though his stomach churned at the movement. Hopefully it was just Pete sleeping in the wrong bed.

It took all his might to keep himself from screaming.

Luci was curled up beside him, her face hidden under her arm. Feeling nauseated, Patrick leapt off the bed and to the bathroom, barely making it. Luci sat up suddenly, wondering if there was an earthquake. She could hear someone retching in the bathroom and she wondered if Joe was as hung over as she was.

Sighing, she laid back down, covering her eyes as she stretched out on the bed. It took her only a minute to realize that she was naked under the bed sheets. Horrified, she scrambled out of the bed, wondering what had happened last night.

Vaguely, she remembered shots with Joe. And Pete and Patrick arguing…about meat? She shook her head, closing her eyes. Hopefully nothing happened. She just crawled into bed, naked, for no reason. She didn’t sleep with one of her friends; not even Patrick. She was just naked.

She ran her fingers through her hair and down the back of her neck. Flinching, her fingers caressed her neck. She felt bruised around her neck; her cheek also felt tender. Grabbing the nearest shirt, she pulled it on and stumbled to the bathroom. It was shut.

“H-Hey… um, roommate, let me in.” She requested, knocking on the door. The toilet flushed and the door opened. She stared in shock at who it was.

“What the fuck did you do to me last night?” Patrick asked quietly, glaring at her. Luci looked at him, confused.

“I was gonna ask you the same thing.” She replied, pushing past him to get a cup of water. “…why are you naked?”

“That’s what I’d like to know. What did you do to me?” Patrick asked again, grabbing her by the arm. “I’m hung over and covered in scratches!” Luci glared at him, jerking her arm away.

“I’m hung over as well, Patrick.” She snapped. “You weren’t the only one who got drunk last night. And while you’re covered in scratches, I have hickeys all over my neck and a bruised cheek! Explain that!” Patrick stared at her, horrified.

“Do you remember what happened last night?”

Luci rolled her eyes. “It’s apparent! We fucked, okay? Had rough, drunk sex! Let’s just hope there was a condom involved!” Patrick still looked horrified and went back to the bed. He grabbed his boxers, pulling them on before he began tearing apart the bed and surrounding area. Fuck, condom wrappers weren’t that hard to find, were they?

“SHIT!” He shrieked, grabbing tufts of his hair. “Fuck, we fucked up! I fucked up! You fucked up! This can’t be happening!” Luci rubbed her temples, flinching.

“Jesus, Patrick, just calm down and shut up. You’re making this headache worse.” Luci said, closing her eyes as she sat back in a chair. Patrick glared at her, but took a seat. His head was pounding as well. “Fuck, let’s just relax and try to think…”

“Relax?!” Patrick exclaimed, staring at her. “We fucked, Luci! This was a fucking mistake! We shouldn’t have this! What if you get pregnant?! What will you do if that happens?!”

“Then I’ll deal with it! This isn’t the first time we both screwed up, Patrick!” Luci snapped, now glaring at him. Patrick returned the glare. “Oh, yes, we both fucked up in the past, you know. This is just history repeating itself!”

“What the hell are you going on about? Are you still drunk?!” Patrick shouted, throwing his hands up in anger. Luci twitched, rubbing her face. “Jesus Christ… we really fucked up.” Patrick ran his fingers through his hair, his expression changing from anger to worry. “What if you do get pregnant?”

“I’ll be pregnant. And Katy will have a baby brother or sister.” Luci mumbled, sniffling. “And I’ll raise the baby without them knowing who their father is, just like before.” Patrick looked up at her at the last part.

“Like before?” He repeated, confused. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Luci covered her mouth, realizing what slipped out. “Luci, what do you mean? Are you talking about Katy? Does…does she not know who her dad is?” Luci shook her head, staring at him, looking scared. Patrick was worried. “Who’s her dad? What happened?”

There was a mumbled response. Patrick stomped his foot and Luci jumped. “Fine! Katy… her father is… um…” Fuck, she didn’t think it’d come to this. “Y-You, okay? You. You’re her father. It’s pretty fucking obvious, you know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The mystery has been revealed. I guess it's a mystery? :] It was to Patrick.