Sequel: The Truth Hurts Worse

Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

Chapter 18

A week went by.

The interview was posted in a few magazines as well as websites. The response had been pretty good, though there was the occasional photographer trying to snap a photo of Katy and Patrick together. They limited their outings greatly now, with the buzz of Patrick being a dad and all. Seemed like everyone wanted to ask him personal questions. For the most part, Patrick just shrugged them off.

Though everyone asked the same question: ‘Are you getting back together with your baby’s mamma?’

Truthfully, Patrick was still torn. The first month of tour was drawing to a close now. He had wanted to talk to Luci about it, find out her feelings. He wanted to be in Katy’s life and support her, as well as spend a lot of time with her. But he knew that when it came down to it, Luci had the final say.

The other thing Patrick had been worrying about was their drunken night in Seattle. What if she did get pregnant? It had been several weeks since that happened. He’d been watching Luci like a hawk recently. She had seemed extra tired and sick looking, but that could also be PMS, right?

If she did turn out to be pregnant, Patrick knew what he would do. He wanted to be there for her. He wanted to take care of her, help her out when she was feeling her worse. He’d be there for every doctor’s appointment, up until the birth. He wanted to be in her life again.

And he was pretty shocked that he took less than a month to forgive her like this.

//

It took Patrick a few days and long nights to get everything figured out. Their latest stop would take them to Dallas, Texas. They had a day off before their performance, so while Joe and Andy took Luci out to see some sights, Pete and Patrick had kidnapped Katy to help with a small task.

The three of them were in a jewelry shop. While they weren’t looking at rings, exactly, Patrick wanted to find something nice for Luci; which is why Katy and Pete were with him. He had no clue what to get.

“This one!” Katy pointed to a silver heart on a chain. “Or, um, this one!” It was a gold rose on a black ribbon. Patrick smiled and looked at the two. Pete pointed to a few things as well, but he let Katy lead Patrick around the store. “No, wait, heart.”

Patrick inspected the two necklaces. “Which one would she like better, Katy?” He asked, turning to the little girl. She looked deep in thought, deciding between the two. Finally, she pointed to a whole other necklace.

“She’d like the star.” Katy told him, smiling. Patrick put the other two necklaces back and reached for the other one. It was a simple outline of a star, with a smaller, solid star overlapping one of the points. He looked at her, raising an eyebrow. She just smiled and nodded.

“Okay, we’ll take the star then.” Patrick told the clerk.

//

There was going to be dinner plans, but they got cancelled as soon as Andy told Patrick that Luci was in the bathroom of the hotel, sick as can be. They hadn’t even done much before she turned green and threw up her breakfast in a nearby garbage can. Patrick rubbed his face, wondering what he should do.

The new plan was simple, he’d just have room service bring up soup and toast for the both of them. Katy would spend the night watching movies and eating candy with the boys in another room. It’d be perfect.

Patrick had just finished asking for extra pillows when Luci came out of the bathroom, looking sick and tired. She frowned when she saw Patrick.

“Where’s Andy?” She asked, getting her pajamas out. She saw which ones she had grabbed and stuffed them hastily back into her suitcase. Patrick just shrugged, trying to hide a smirk as he grabbed his own pajamas.

“Room swap. You and me in this one. I have something planned.” He said, heading to the bathroom. “And if those are your rubber ducky pajamas from high school, it’s fine if you wear them around me.” Luci flipped him off, but changed into them quickly before she crawled into the bed. Just as she did that, there was a knock at the door. Groaning, she started to get up, but Patrick yelled for her to stay in bed. He came out a few minutes later, wearing an old Bowie shirt and some plaid bottoms. He answered the door and took the pillows, thanking the employee.

“What’s with the pillows?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. Patrick just shrugged and tossed them onto her. She rolled her eyes and used two of the pillows to prop herself up against the headboard. “Are we playing doctor, Patrick? ‘cause I dunno… you managed to catch my soup on fire that time I broke my leg.”

“Shush! This time, I’m gonna have someone else make your soup. Chicken noodle okay?” He asked as he dialed the number. Luci nodded, still wondering what was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yea. Next chapter will probably be a bit shorter and...sappy. I don't know. We'll see. :]