Sequel: The Truth Hurts Worse

Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

Chapter 23

It had been a few days and Katy was still ignoring both her parents. She had taken to clinging to Andy or Joe, since Pete had tried his best to explain how great it would be to be an older sister. She started to ignore him as well.

Luci felt the stress level building. Not only did she keep having to make sure the tour was going smoothly, she had to help get some meet and greets together, make sure the venue was ready, and all the while making sure she could run to a bathroom without any great distances. She was worried about Katy, too. She hoped this phase would pass.

Patrick was worried about Luci, noticing how stressed she was becoming. He tried to have her rest and let someone else take care of some of the work, but she had told him to back off because it was her job. She later apologized to him with a kiss and a hug – in front of the security team, who just went ‘aww’.

He was glad when the first of the two weeks was over. Meant only 4 more shows and then it was home. Pete had come up with a plan for Patrick and Luci to get away for a full week once they got home. He had felt it would be good for Katy to spend time with her uncles while the news of a baby sibling still sunk in.

It was Monday now. Tonight was the first of the four remaining shows. They also had a meet and greet, something they hadn’t done a lot of for this tour. Patrick had convinced Luci to pass on the meet and greet responsibilities onto one of the security guys. After she told him what to expect and how everything should be ran, she went off to the bus to nap. Katy wanted to stay for the meet and greet, though. The security guy – who’s name was Tim, took a liking to the little girl and had her hold a clip board and his walkie talkie, so she’d look important.

“Okay, peoples! Um, no being mean and um, yea.” Katy said, looking at Tim. He whispered something in her ear and she grinned. “Oh! Be quick! And be nice, okay?” The crowd just laughed and ‘awwed’ at the little girl, who grinned cheekily while looking at the clipboard. Tim further explained how the process would be run. Groups of four would stand in the photo with the guys and then would get ushered to the main arena for the show. Katy followed Tim around while he answered some fans questions.

Tim grinned when things started moving. The fans talked with the boys for a minute or two as they got their photo was taken, and then they were escorted by security to the arena. Katy stayed by Tim the entire time, though she was starting to get tired. She let out a loud yawn and went over to Patrick, tugging on his coat sleeve. Surprised, he looked down at her.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” He asked, kneeling down in front of her. Katy rubbed her eyes, yawning again. “Are you getting sleepy?” She nodded and gave him a pout.

Patrick sighed and looked around. He was at a loss for what to do. He could have one of the security guys take her to the bus, but he didn’t want his daughter to go off with a stranger. He tried to think quickly since the fans and photographer was ready.

“Here,” he began, taking off his coat. He laid it on the floor – out of the way. She gave him a funny look and went to sit down. “It’ll just be a few more minutes and we’ll go to the bus, okay?” She pouted and nodded, still rubbing her eyes.

By the time the meet and greet was over, Katy was just about asleep on the floor. Patrick picked her up and carried her out to the bus, sighing. He was glad the tour was coming to close, since he wouldn’t have to worry so much about her.

//

The show was over and the boys were heading back to the bus. Everything had gone well, except for a few crowd surfers getting hurt. The security did an amazing job keeping everyone in line and making sure nothing else happened.

Patrick was just glad to get back on the bus to rest. Andy was the first one on the bus, and Patrick could hear him go, “Uh oh…” Worried, Patrick hurried on, wondering what happened.

He started to wish he lagged behind more when he saw the look on Luci’s face. It wasn’t worry, or sadness. It was anger.

“Stump, what the fuck is with these pictures on your phone?!” She snapped, holding up his cell. Patrick patted his pockets, swearing softly. He tried to keep his phone close. Ever since the first show, he had made the mistake of given that interviewer – Ellie, his number. He ignored her calls, but the texts he got were a little harder to ignore. Especially when she sent him nude photos.

“W-Why were you looking at my phone anyways?!” He shot back, grabbing his phone from her.

“Your phone went off and your daughter picked it up! She was the one who showed me the images!” She shrieked, taking a step towards him. Patrick took a step back while Andy moved towards Luci, putting his arm around her shoulder.

“Hey, Lu, this stress isn’t good… you need to calm down.” He said softly, trying to steer her away from Patrick.

“I’d be calm if he had fucking told me this was going on!” She cried, leaning against him. Patrick rubbed his face, shaking his head.

“I thought those messages were deleted…” He murmured. “I thought just ignoring her would be enough!” Luci glared at him, ready to lunge. Andy kept a firm old on her, not wanting this to get violent.

“Who is she?! Some slut you’ve met!?”

Patrick ran his fingers through his hair, twitching. “Stop yelling! She was a girl I met the first show, okay? We were going to go on a date, but I ended up having to watch over your kid!”

“She’s our child, Patrick! Or do you forget that every time you get a text?!” Luci snapped. “You’re unbelievable! I can’t believe you never mentioned that this was going on, we could have done something! She turn you on or something; getting some on the side because I’m becoming too fucking fat for you!”

Patrick stared at her – so did the rest of the guys. He was starting to see why she was so angry now. She had her reasons, yes. He had been keeping the texts from her, but he figured it was getting taken care of, since he deleted them. This last batch, though, he had been busy getting ready for the show and completely forgot.

Andy sighed and made Luci sit down, his arm still around her. “Patrick, get her a bottle of water or something. Joe, go make sure Katy’s still asleep, and Pete, go with Patrick.”

Patrick rubbed his face and went to the fridge, not sure what Andy really meant. He almost made it sound like the two should just leave. Sighing, he got a bottle of water and brought it back to Luci before he walked off the bus, Pete trailing behind.

He leaned against the bus and slid down to the ground, pulling his hat off. Pete took a seat next to him, giving his friend a weird look.

“Why didn’t you say anything, Patrick?” Pete asked. He wasn’t accusing or angry with his friend, just confused. “Did you try blocking her number?” Patrick closed his eyes and nodded.

“Tried that. She used different numbers.” He mumbled. “I really don’t want to have to go and change my number, but I might just try that.” Pete nodded a bit. “I didn’t think this would happen, tough.”

“Well, I’m sure when Andy is done talking sense into that crazy woman on the bus, you’ll be fine. You guys will kiss and make up, you know?” Pete said, sighing. “I think she’s just pissy because she’s knocked up and is going to start looking like a beached whale pretty soon.” He paused. “Or a walrus.”

Patrick rolled his eyes and elbowed Pete in the ribs.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yes. Ellie is the girl from like, the second chapter. The one Patrick had tried to hook up with to forget his problems.

She is going to start playing a role of the crazy lady. :] It'll give conflict and angst in the sequel to this. That's why I threw her in like this.