Sequel: The Truth Hurts Worse

Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner

Chapter 2

Katy darted through the venue, around the various staff members as she made her way to one of the dressing rooms. She heard her mom let out a laugh and she knew she found the right one. Quietly, she opened the door, peeking in. Her mom was talking to two guys – both with crazy hair. One was wearing shorts and had drawings all over his legs. Still keeping quiet, she crept in, wrapping her arms around her mom’s legs.

“Mamma!” The woman stumbled a bit, letting out a dramatic gasp of surprise. She turned and picked up the little girl, spinning her around before she hugged her close. Katy giggled, pulling the hat back over her eyes before she wrapped her arms around her mom’s neck.

“Hey there, baby girl!” Luci cooed, rubbing her daughter’s back. “What have you been up too? Where did you get that hat?” She tipped the hat back before turning too the two gentleman. “Sorry, guys…uhm, Joe, Andy, this is my little girl…”

“Aw! Lu, she looks so much like you two!” Joe squealed, grinning at Katy. Katy whined softly, hiding her face under the hat. “And she’s shy, like her dad.” Andy hit his friend in the arm, shushing him.

“Dude, remember what she just said? Keep quiet about it.” Andy hissed, glancing towards the door. Joe rubbed his arm just as Pete and Patrick walked in. Luci’s back was to the door while she held Katy, so she wasn’t aware Pete snuck up on her like a predator to its prey. He signaled for Katy to get put down, which she did. The second the little girl was on the ground, Pete launched a tickle attack on Luci, nearly throwing them both to the floor.

Katy giggled, moving over to Joe for protection while Pete and Luci flailed around. Luci managed to get herself out of his grasp, looking ready to punch him.

“Dammit, Wentz!” She growled, clenching a fist. Pete gave her an impish grin, as though daring her to hit him. Rolling her eyes, she gave her friend a hug. “You’re still an ass.”

Patrick stood back, staying quiet. Katy suddenly acknowledged him, pulling away from Joe as she went to him. She grabbed his hand, trying to pull him into the fun. “C’mon! You gotta c’mon!” She giggled, a big smile on her face. Patrick stared down at her before he jerked his hand out of her grasp, walking out of the dressing room. Katy stood there, shocked. That was rather cold acting towards the little girl and she knew it. She started to cry as soon as he walked out.

Luci heard her daughter cry and shoved Pete back, going to her at once. She pulled her into her arms, moving to sit back on the couch. “What’s wrong, baby girl?” She asked, rocking her gently. Pete took a seat next to Luci, while Andy sat on her other side. Joe sat down on the ground, looking up at them. He managed to catch Katy’s gaze and stuck his tongue out at her, crossing his eyes. The little girl giggled softly, still sniffling.

“Hey… I’ll… I’ll go talk to Patrick, if you want…” Pete offered, rubbing Katy’s arm gently. “He needs to get over it, you know?” Luci shook her head, kissing Katy’s forehead.

“No, Pete, I gotta talk to him. He has a problem with me…” She murmured, keeping her daughter close. “But Katy can’t come, not yet. I don’t want her getting scared.” Joe perked up, grinning.

“Hey, take Pete with you. Andy and I will babysit.” Joe told her, still grinning. Luci looked at her daughter, then at the two boys.

“She’s a handful… I don’t know if it’s a good idea…” Luci murmured as she rubbed Katy’s back. She had stopped crying and was making faces at Andy now, giggling every so often. Luci sighed and lifted her daughter off her lap, setting her on the couch next to Andy. “Okay, Katy Bear, mamma’s gotta go talk to that guy, okay? You stay here with Andy and Joe, and make sure they stay out of trouble.”

“Aww, but Luci-“

“I mean it. If you gotta use force, then do it.” Luci smirked, winking at her daughter while she left the room with Pete. Andy and Joe exchanged looks, wondering what she meant by ‘use force’. What could a four year old do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh. The four boys were friends with Luci before Patrick and her dated. They were like brothers to her. I might include backstories and whatnot in this, but we'll see.