The Beginning of Forever

You Will

Mimi's POV

So what are you saying? I asked Jacob, who was now keeping an eye on me before I changed back. It was Monday. It had been two days since I phased and I was almost confident that I’d never phase back. I just didn’t know how anyone could think human if you knew you were really a beast.

I don’t know. She just left. She went to the Cullen’s. She’s angry with me. I don’t think I can keep her happy anymore.

That is not true. Okay this may sound a little creepy, but, I’ve watched you two for the month that I was invisible. I’ve seen how both of you acted around each other. It’s almost hard for me to describe. Both of you are insanely in love with each other. She looks at you like you are the only guy in the world for her. You are the only way she can be happy. I could tell he was digesting everything I just said, even if we were in wolf form. You are her entire life. A tear came from his eye.

You’re right. She is mine as well. The two of us just sat there for a good five minutes. So what do I do?

Jake, I honestly don’t know what to say. I’m mean, sure, I’m a people observer and I’ve been observing y’all for a month, but I only met Rory Saturday. Plus, we really didn’t talk much. She’s the love of your life. I am absolutely positive that you will think of something.

But what if she—

There are no “what ifs” in this situation. This is your…what was the word that Sam used?

Imprint?

Yeah. She is your life. The girl you want to spend the rest of your life with. Jacob thought.

I guess you’re right. I wanted to say something but I didn’t know what to.

So we sat in silence for the rest of the two hours Jake was on patrol.