The Beginning of Forever

I'm So Lucky

“Rory! Jacob! Wake up!” I heard from the living room.

“Dad! Shh!” Jacob said. “Rory needs sleep.”

“But it’s Christmas.” The voice was quieter and closer now.

“Gosh, Dad, you’re such a kid.” Billy laughed. “Just gimme a minute to wake her up. Okay?” There was no answer so I just figured he nodded and left. I felt the bed shift as Jacob turned to hover over me. I felt his breath on my face. He leaned down more until his lips were against mine. I immediately started to kiss him back. He was surprised, but that didn’t stop him. He grabbed my waist and rolled us over so I was on top of him. My hair was all in his face. I laughed. “So, how long have you been awake for, faker?” he asked, as he pushed my hair out of his face.

“I’m not a faker. Your father woke me up when he woke you up.”

“Actually I’d been up for about ten minutes before that.”

“Oh really?” He nodded. “And what, may I ask, were you doing?”

“Watching you.” I blushed. I can’t believe he still gave me butterflies. “You’re beautiful when you sleep. Just as beautiful as when you’re awake, and when you eat, and breathe, and watch tv and—” I silenced him with a passionate kiss. His hands found their way to my waist again, while mine got lost in his hair. Once I felt out of breath, I pulled away. His lips, however, kept going.

“Did you not get enough?” He shook his head.

“Never.” He growled and rolled us over again, attaching his lips to my neck. He found my weak spot right away. My breath got caught.

“Jake!” I laughed.

“What?” he mumbled into my neck.

“We have to get up. Your dad is waiting. And I thought we were going to tell him today.”

“Hmm…it can wait.” I groaned. I got a good hold onto his shoulders and rolled us over once again. He smirked. “You know I like it when you’re the dominant one.”

“Yeah, you won’t when I tell you to get out of bed and get out to the living room with me.” He pursed his lips, unsure.

“But I’m so comfy here.”

“Maybe we’ll finish this later.” I said with a hopeful expression, that it would get him out of bed.

“You promise?” I kissed him giving him all the promise he needed. He smiled. “Let’s go entertain Dad.” I got off of him. I put on a pair of shorts because I was only wearing one of Jacob’s large shirts. He grabbed my hand and led me out to the living room, where we saw Billy, sitting in his wheel chair close to the small tree we had. I laughed when I saw it. It reminded me of the one from Charlie Brown, only it had many pine needles on it.

“Merry Christmas, you two.” He said. I wrapped myself around Jacob.

“Merry Christmas, B.” I said, smiling at him. He smiled up at us.

“Did you sleep well? I’m sorry for waking you.” He said. I shook my head.

“You didn’t wake me. I slept very well actually.” I poked Jacob in the side.

“Ow.” He shouted. I made a gesture for him to tell his dad. Billy looked at us. “Oh, um, Dad. Rory and I have something that we want to say.” He nodded. I held my lips tight together not wanting to just scream it out. “Rory and I, well, we are engaged.” Jacob smiled at his dad. It took a moment for Billy to soak it in, but once he did he smiled and laughed.

“That’s wonderful news, Lorelei. Come here.” I let go of Jake and went to go hug his dad. “Now I can finally call you the daughter I always knew you were.” I smiled brightly. He was the strongest father figure I had.

I’m lucky to have met these two awesome men whom I can now call my family.