The Beginning of Forever

Another Brother

This seems to be important matter for you guys. If you have to go, you have to go.”

“Thanks, Trey. I’ll see you whenever.” He nodded. Jacob and I started for the guys.

“Oh, Lorelei!” Jacob kept going, but I turned around. “I got her number.” I smiled and gave him a thumbs up. I caught up to Jacob at the guys.

“Sorry, boys. We’re going to have to wrap this up early.” I said.

“What? Why? I’m actually having a little fun.” Paul grumbled.

“Leah took someone to the clearing.”

“She always ruins everything. What makes now any different?” Seth asked.

“She pushed someone into a tree and cut their arm open.”

“Stop complaining.” Jacob said. “We should really get going before Sam does something we’ll regret. I’m running. Since we brought two cars, two of you have to drive them. I say Embry and Ror.” I looked at him, shocked.

“What?!” Embry and I said at the same time.

“Jacob, that is so unfair.” I said.

“Ror, I have no idea what’s going to happen. I don’t want you to be around, if something goes wrong.”

“Goes wrong? What could possibly go wrong?”

“Please.” I looked him in the eye. I couldn’t believe this.

“Fine. I’m not going to the clearing. I’m going to stay here.”

“Me, too.” Embry added. I walked over to him and hooked my arm with his.

“We’re staying.” I said affirmatively. Jacob shook his head.

“Fine.” He turned to face Embry. “You better keep an eye on her. If she’s hurt, Embry, I swear to God—”

“Okay. Jacob, I’ll be fine. Just go.” I pulled Embry with me as I walked towards Jacob. I kissed him quicker than I normally would. I think I had the right. I was upset that he didn’t want me with him. I started walking back to the party, but he held my arm back.

“I want you. I always do. But—”

“Just go.”

“I’ll make it up to you. I promise.”

“Jacob, go.” I said through my teeth. He let my arm go and left towards the stairs.

“Are you okay?” Embry asked.

“I’m fine. I feel rejected, but I’m fine.”

“He does love you.”

“I know. Just not when all the stuff comes into play.” Em unhooked his arm and put it around my shoulder.

“He knows if something does happen, you’ll try to play peacemaker. He doesn’t want you in the crossfire.”

“But he’ll let me go into a houseful of leeches.” He nodded. I laughed.
“You are so sweet. We need to get you a girlfriend.”

“Yes, ma’am.” He smiled.

“Love you, Em.” He squeezed my shoulders. “You can always cheer me up.”

“I’m a good big brother, huh?”

“Big? Physically, yes. As in age and mental ability, no.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Questions = love
Comments = more love
Subscriptions = lots o' love

Love you guys, Taylor