Hangar 18

Prologue: The Beginning

~June 27th, 1945 - New Mexico Outskirts~

"Can you speak in sentences?" a man asked. The girl seated on the lab table in front of him raised an eyebrow.
"All humans can speak in sentences, can't they?" the girl was young, appearing twenty-two years of age, with flowing brown hair and icy blue eyes. The man smiled in response.
"Good. You are Experiment 0-18-352, a killing maching made to guard this military hangar." The girl's blue eyes then widened.
"A...a killing machine? You can't be serious... and an experiment? I thought I was a human..." Her expression faded, her eyes turning black.
The man nodded. "For now, you will act as a help around the hangar until the time is right. You may go explore your home now."
Experiment 0-18-352 glared at the man, her black eyes turning orange. Then, without a sound, she ushered herself off the table and walked off.
The man took out a clipboard after the girl had left, taking a pen out from behind his ear and writing, "Experiment 0-18-352 responds well with its emotions, its eye color changes work well... however, it doesn't seem to know its full purpose just yet..."

_______________________________________________________________________

Experiment 0-18-352 eyed the monster within the cage that sat in front of her. She cocked her head in curiosity.
"Were you made here like me, too?"
She got a growl in response. Nodding, she reached out and grasped one of the silver bars of the cage.
"I don't like the fact of the matter, either. I can stand it about as much as you can... what was your purpose for creation?"
The creature then crawled to the back of the cage, then after a while, came back and tried to draw something out for Experiment 0-18-352 with its long, sharp nails. When it was finished, she squinted, trying to identify what it was that the creature drew. Then, her eyes widened.
"You were made to be... just like me..." she couldn't finish her sentence, but she reached farther into the cage and took the monster's large hand within her small one.
"You know what I'm about to go though, don't you?"
The creature managed a nod, bowing its head as the human experiment's eyes turned black, a tear falling from her eye.

_______________________________________________________________________

~Two Years Later~

"Experiment 0-18-352! Where is Experiment 0-18-352?" a scientist shouted, running frantically throught the hangar. He eventually came to a locked door, which he managed to pry open and find the experiment sitting crossed-legged on the floor, facing the many tubes that adorned the room.
"Experiment 0-18-352! We need you, the time has come!" the man wasted no time in grabbing her arm and dragging her off, shutting the room door behind them.
"What is it, what do you mean 'the time has come'?" she asked, effortlessly keeping up with the frightened scientist.
"The hangar's in danger! This is where you come in!" The experiment's eyes widened. She knew what that meant.
The two of them stopped at the exit to the hangar, which had been opened to reveal countless military tanks. The scientist then ushered Experiment 0-18-352 closer to the open door.
"You must protect the hangar! Do what you were created to do!"
The experiment violently shook her head. "No! I won't do it! I won't kill anyone!" she then ran away until she was out of sight.
The scientist couldn't call back for her, because the tanks had begun to shoot the hangar. They shot, and shot, and shot, until the hangar was gone.

_______________________________________________________________________

Experiment 0-18-352 shifted slightly under the rubble from the catastrophe that had just been slienced. Lifting a rather heavy piece of debris off her head, she brushed herself off to look at her surroundings, only to find the place she had called home demolished.
"The... the hangar..." she picked up a stray clipboard that had been tossed around in the fight, the paper lidden with dirt and dust. Throwing it aside, she walked back to the room with the creature she had spent the most time with- the large one- and unlocked its cage.
"You and me have a lot of work to do..." she whispered, gesturing to the ruined building. She then held out a tiny, delicate hand, her icy blue eyes shining.
"So let's get started."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the beginning of a new story, which I have been working on for a while now. If this was portrayed as a movie, this chapter/scene would be in black and white. I'll try and post Chapter One soon, but until then, you'll just have to wait.