Hangar 18

Chapter One: The Mission; Meeting Skylar

~April 14th, 2007 - Pheonix, Arizona~

"Mr. Raine! Come here, please." Lt. Conner spoke, watching as a tall man with long, flowing blonde hair tied back in a ponytail and blue eyes walked over towards him. The many badges on his jacket shone in the dim light of the research base.
"You wanted to see me, sir?" the man asked, his silky voice quiet. Lt. Conner nodded, ushering towards a large screen.
"Nathan, you know about this abandoned building, correct?" he squinted to get a closer look at what the screen was showing. From what he saw, it looked like an old, torn apart military hangar. What did this have to do with him?
"Yes, what exactly is it, though?" Nathan asked, not fully understanding.
"It's Hangar 18," Lt. Conner replied. "Got destryoed back in '47. Nothing's left... or so most people think." He paused, then continued. "We've done some research and discovered that there may still be some life left around it." Nathan nodded.
"So, you called me over because... you want me to find out what those remaining life forms are?" The man in front of him gave a nod.
"Since the day it was built, the hangar has resided in New Mexico, so you'll need transportation to get there, of course. We've set up a private jet for you. Also, when you arrive, we've also arranged for someone to meet you there."
The blonde man nodded once more, before fixing up his jacket and turning to walk out the door. However, he was stopped.
"Oh, and Mr. Raine... one of the remaining survivors from the hangar is a killing machine gone loose... so you might want to watch out for it."
"Yes, sir. I'll keep that in mind." Nathan then turned and walked out the door.
______________________________________________________________________

~That same day - Albequerque, New Mexico~

"Oh my, I musn't be late, musn't be late..." a woman that looked to be in her mid forties was rushing down the streets of New Mexico in high heels and a dress, trying to get to the local airport in a hurry. The man she was supposed to meet was expected to arrive in around ten minutes, and she was a good half-an-hour from the airport. Noticing an alley between some buildings that supposedly was a shortcut to her destination, she ran through. She was not even thirty feet from the alleyway's entrance when she ran into something hard, causing her to fall on the ground. When the woman looked up, she saw that she was looking at a girl looking like she was not much older than twenty, with brown hair and icy blue eyes.
"Who are you? Would you please move out of my way, I have an appointment with someone at the airport in less that five minutes!" the woman asked. The stanger shook her head, her arm reaching into her pant pocket. When she pulled it back out, a silver shotgun rested in her hand.
"Sorry..." the girl spoke, her voice a snarl, filled with anger. "but I'm afraid that I'll have to take over from here." There was a long pause, before the voice spoke again. "This job was meant for me... revenge must be taken because of the ones who destroyed my home. Scientists, the military, the government... my home... Hangar 18."
The last thing heard in that alleyway was the sound of a gun.
______________________________________________________________________

Nathan walked out of the airport, luggage in tow to the car he had rented for his time in New Mexico. Sticking a small bag into the back seat, and the last of his luggage into the trunk, he walked over to the driver’s seat entrance, only to be stopped by a beautiful, musical voice.
“Hello, Nathan.”
Somewhat shocked, he turned around to find himself face-to-face with a teenage girl, with flowing, layered hazel brown hair and piercing, icy blue eyes. She was dressed in a short-sleeved, grey and white striped hooded shirt, blue skinny jeans, and calf-high black suede boots. Her skin was pale, although not deathly pale, and her skin showed no sign of age or blemish.
“Who are you?” Nathan asked, astonished by the beauty of this young girl. In response, her soft pink lips curved into a seemingly perfect smile.
“My name is Skylar Harrison. I’ve been waiting for you, the military sent me to find you right after you arrived.”
Nathan nodded in understanding. The military did say that there was going to be someone waiting for him, but he never expected someone so young, let alone so pretty. He then noticed her walking over to the car, more specifically, towards the trunk.
“Here, let me get this for you,” she spoke, gently closing it. However, when it shut, it made a tremendous slam. Skylar touched her lower lip with her finger, as if in surprise.
“Oh, I’m sorry about that. I didn’t mean for that to happen.” Her eyes then changed color from an icy blue to a soft pink, the same color as her lips.
“Did- did your eye color just change?” Nathan asked in astonishment. Skylar looked up at him.
“So you noticed, huh...?” she whispered. “Yes, my eyes change color according to my mood. I was born like that, I guess.”
“Well... what color does pink stand for?” he questioned, referring to her current eye color.
“Pink means embarrassment. There are other colors as well. Blue is normal, black means sadness, gold means happiness, green means envy, orange means anger, purple means fear, red means pain, and brown means love.”
Nathan looked at her closely. “Have your eyes ever turned those colors for you to know about them?”
Skylar hesitated, her eyes still the soft pink color. “Well, they’ve turned every color except brown, not that I can remember. The last time they turned brown was... when my parents were with me. Other than that, the memory is vague.”
Although Nathan nodded, he still couldn’t shake the feeling that Skylar was possibly hiding something from him...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, finally! Chapter one is here! I bet by now, you know who Skylar is, right? If you don't you might wanna go back and read the begining, but other than that, I'll try to post chapter two soon!