Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

Falling in Love.

*Nick’s P.O.V.
I thought of the quickest excuse I could to get out of there. I couldn't just stand there. The wound that had taken so long to heal, was ripped right back open all over again. Just by seeing her face. It killed me on the inside.

“I...uh...left my phone at my house,” I said quickly and ran out as fast as I could.

I heard the door slam behind me as I ran out, I can’t believe she came back. Then I began to hear footsteps pounding behind me, I turned around to see Brittney running towards me. She looked totally and utterly confused, but I couldn’t blame her, or Aimee, or even Anna. They didn’t know about my past, and they probably wouldn’t have recognized her even if they did know. Man, Leslie knows how to screw everything up for me.

“Nick! Nick! What did I miss? That is the most vicious thing I’ve ever seen! Oh my goodness! Joe and Kevin were giving Leslie death glares and refused to talk. I honestly thought they were contemplating biting her head off! Or ripping her to shreads! Or something. And then you sprinted off like that!” She said.

“I’m sorry we shouldn’t be putting my problems on you.” I said. It was the only thing I could think of. Becaue to be honest, I really shouldn't have been. I mean we had just met, we were barely even friend.

“Nick, stop, I’m your friend. You were there for me and now I’m here for you.”

“If you want to be friends with Leslie it’s none of my business, but know she is a kniving, backstabbing-“

“Woah, hold the fire! What happened between you two?” She interrupted.

I told her everything as we walked to the park. I spilled every detail, even the ones that still hurt inside. Some of the wounds were still pretty fresh. Brittney held my hand when I got to the part about the party, and she squeezed it as if to let me know she’s there for me. By the time I finished my story we were at the park, Brittney sat herself down on a swing while I pushed her. It was a nice day out, and everything was silent. Brittney hadn’t said anything in a while, I could tell she was thinking. Very hardly. Finally, I broke the silence.

“What are you thinking?”

“I’m thinking about Nathan, what if she does that to him?” She said, turning her head to look at me. Fear was blunt in her eyes.

“Oh,” I said.

I sat on the swing next to Brittney and we began talking. We spoke about all sorts of things, I think I learned a lot about Brittney that day, and it kind of helped our bond grow. Since we were so into our conversation time flew, and before we knew it the sun was setting. It was beautiful just like her. The glow made her hair look almost golden. Oh geez, Joe and Kevin are probably going crazy wondering where I am. Aimee! She’s probably going crazy, well more like bezerk about Brittney. Awe man and what if Deborah and Eric got home before we did! Me and Britt were having such a good time too, and I meant to ask her about that kiss.

“Umm……Britt, maybe we should head home.”

“Oh no! Shoot! We have to go now,” She screamed, finally realizing the time.

Brittney grabbed my hand and beganrunning sprinting home. The whole sprint Brittney was mumbling to herself how she promised Aimee she’d get me and come back quickly. And then something along the lines of how much trouble she’s in. Ugh, and it’s all my fault if she gets in trouble. Finally, we reached the house and she swiftly took out her keys and opened the door. She let go of my hand as we walked inside, Aimee’s head was in her hands, her elbows leaning on her knees with Joe rubbing her back talking to her soothingly. Anna was talking to Aimee as well in hushed tones, Kevin had one hand on Anna’s knee and was listening intently on what the two of them were saying. The door slammed behind me causing everyone to abruptly look up.

Aimee jumped up and ran to Brittney, embracing her in a giant hug. Joe followed her as they hugged. Anna stood up and gave Britt a hug. Joe and Kevin hugged me, when they released Kevin slapped me across the head. I’m sorry I was under the impression they were happy I was home safely.

“What the hell? Why did you hit me?!” I yelled.

“Because you're an idiot! It’s late, there are psychos out at this time, and you had no security. Plus, what about Brittney? How would you be able to protect her if you two were attacked?? Huh? Huh? Huh?” Kevin yelled back.

“Hmm...maybe this is why I work out!” I said, lifting up my toned arm and pointing to it.

“And Brittney! You said you’d come right back! You are so lucky your mom and my dad haven’t gotten back from work yet!” Aimee yelled at Brittney.

“Oh no! You’re not going to tell them are you?” Brittney pleaded.

“No, but don’t ever ever ever ever do something like that again. Call next time. You scared the living life out of me.” She said calming down.

“Thank you!” Brittney said and hugged Aimee. I could see the cute sisterly bond that the two of them had. Even though they weren't blood related.

“Alright we’re gonna go now, before it gets too late,” Kevin said.

“Okay bye.” Aimee replied.

Joe and Kevin hugged everyone goodbye, except Joe added a kiss to Aimee’s goodbye. Then they walked out. I stayed behind for a second, and gave Brittney a hug, she whispered in my ear as I did. “Thank you,” Then I left, Joe, Kevin, and I walked home. On the way Joe explained to me what went on after I left with Brittney running after me. Aimee realized there was something wrong with Leslie being there, so she told her to leave, and to not come back. Well, she said it in a nastier way, but that’s just about summing it up. Nathan ran out after Leslie, and Joe and Kevin explained what happened between me and Leslie to Aimee, and Anna.

“So basically, Aimee has decided if Leslie ever comes to their house again she has a serious death wish, because Aimee would totally kill her. Yeah, and Nathan’s kinda mad she kicked Leslie out. Anna called him and tried to explain, but he hung up on her and wouldn’t listen,” Joe finished.

“Ugh, I feel bad I started so much drama for them.”

“You had a right to, don’t worry about it.”

We reached our house and walked in. Kevin and Joe went upstairs, but I went in the kitchen to give my parents a hug and kiss goodnight. I went into my room next and sat on my bed, I took out my guitar and began strumming. An hour passed and I was still playing, when my phone went off, it was a text from Brittney.

So, what are you doing? -Britt

Playing my guitar -Nick

Hmm….writing a new song over there? -Britt

Nope, it just feels good to play and get things off my mind. -Nick

Oh, that’s how I feel about playing guitar too. -Britt

Well, I’m going to bed. -Nick

Okay, Goodnight -Britt

Goodnight beautiful -Nick

When I sent that, I turned off my phone and went to sleep. I think falling for Brittney is good a good thing for me.

*Joe’s P.O.V.
“Okay mixed emotions are not fun,” I thought to myself. I mean I feel bad for Nick to see Leslie again, angry at him for being so irresponsible, pissed at Leslie for showing her face around here again, I’m sad for Brittney about Blake, and happy for Nick that he got some alone time with Brittney. Maybe that time will help her fall for him! I layed my head down on my pillow, trying to get all these things off my mind, when Aimee popped into my mind.

I’m kind of nervous, we’ve only known each other for such a short time, yet already I don’t know what I’d do without her. Scary isn’t it? Well, love can do crazy things to people. Then my phone went off playing No Air, which was my ringtone for Aimee. She picked it out herself.

“Hey babe, how are you?”

“Good, umm....would it be too late or could you come on a walk with me to the park?” Aimee asked.

“Didn’t we just yell at Brittney and Nick for doing that?” I asked.

“Well, no one’s going to know ,” Aimee said sneakily.

“Be there in 10,” I replied and hung up.

I slipped on my shoes as quietly as possible, then opened my door silently, and hopped down the stairs quickly and quietly as well. I didn’t want to get caught, that would not be good. I went into the living room to get my sweatshirt, when I saw Anna and Kevin kissing pretty intensely on the couch.

“Dude, eww. My eyes! They burn!” I said.

Kevin looked up shocked, I guess I really was quiet. Who would’ve guessed? I, Joseph Adam Jonas could be quiet! Kevin hopped off the couch, grabbed my arm, and brought me by the door, out of earshot of Anna. Kevin’s face was red, obviously embarrassed and nervous. I had leverage, and their names are mom and dad.

“I-­“ Kevin started.

“Kevin, honestly I don’t want to know. I’m scarred enough seeing my brother practically suck one of my best friend’s face off. I really don’t want to know why. So here’s my proposition, I won’t tell mom or dad anything, as long as you don’t tell them I’m going out, and you have to sneak me back in. And finally, no questions about what I’m doing,” I said.

“Okay, deal. But what-“

“I said no questions.”

“Fine.”

We shook hands and I walked back into the living room to get my sweatshirt, which I wasn’t able to get before. I swiftly picked it up, I bid adieu to Anna and left the house. I practically ran to the park, Aimee was already there sitting on a park bench. Her hair was up in a high ponytail, and she was in a dark navy sweatsuit. Basically she looked great, that outfit was practically made for her. I put my big sunglasses on, praying no crazy fans would recognize me. I walked up to Aimee and she stood up smiling, I kissed her forehead and looked down into her gorgeous blue eyes. They were brilliant!

“So, care to take a walk.”

She grabbed my hand and we began our walk. The moon was out, so were the stars, it was a perfect crystal clear night. It was the perfect night, with the perfect girl. It couldn’t get much better, and if it did I would be the luckiest man alive.

“Have any trouble sneaking out?” Aimee asked me.

“Ha, nope. But I am mentally scarred for life,”

“Why?”

“I walked in on Kevin and Anna practically sucking each other’s face off. I was just like dude I don’t need to see my bro making out with one of my best friends. Kind of gross!” I said as Aimee was laughing at my expressions.

“So, I guess they’re together.”

“Probably, so uh...why did you want me to come out here?”

“Well, umm.....about what you said the other night.”

“Oh yeah, shoot! I knew I was saying it too soon!” I said as I slapped my forehead.

“No, no, no, no, no, shush! I know I didn’t respond then, but I love you too. With all of my heart, and I-“ Aimee said rambling on.

I cut her off with a deep passionate kiss. Her hands were around my face, I lifted her up still kissing. Then I put her down, and we broke apart breathless. Aimee could take my breath away so easily and not even know it. She smiled at me and I smiled back, I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy before. Not even when I’m performing for thousands of screaming fans, saying “I love you!” This 'I love you' it meant something, unlike any other. It meant she was mine, and that’s all that matters.

*Kevin’s P.O.V.
I was in my room sitting down when my phone rang, it was Anna. She said she wanted to talk, so I told her I’d be there in 5 minutes. She politely declined and said she’d come here, I told her to call my cell when she got here so I could let her in. I didn’t want to get in trouble for having her over so late at night. I slipped on a shirt, and a pair of sweats so I’m not in my pijama’s. My phone rang 5 minutes later, so I ran down the steps quickly to let her in.

“Hey, um….I really just wanted to-“ She began.

“Anna, I like you. A lot. As more than a friend, and if you don’t want to be more than friends it’s totally okay!” I said as quickly as possible before I chickened out.

That wasn’t exactly how I had planned to say it, but a little too late now. I prayed she would at least let me down lightly, I mean I’ve had a crush since we first met and really talked. But I flirted a lot didn’t I? Maybe she already new, and came here to tell me she doesn’t like me that way and to stop. Oh no! I probably look like an idiot. Then I felt a pair of soft lips touch mine, we began kissing lightly. She grabbed my collar and pushed me down onto the couch. The kiss gradually got more intense, as I layed there on the couch with her kneeling next to the couch kissing me roughly. Suddenly, I heard a voice. Dang I’m busted!

“Dude, eww. My eyes! They burn!” Someone said.

I quickly looked at the opening to the living room, and Joe was there making a disgusted face. I hopped off the couch, grabbed Joe’s arm, and brought him by the door, so Anna couldn’t hear what was going on. I looked at Joe’s outfit, it looked like he was about to sneak out. I guess that means I can negotiate.

“I-­“ I started.

“Kevin, honestly I don’t want to know. I’m scarred enough seeing my brother practically suck one of my best friend’s face off. I really don’t want to know why. So here’s my proposition, I won’t tell mom or dad anything, as long as you don’t tell them I’m going out, and you have to sneak me back in. And finally, no questions about what I’m doing,” Joe said in a no nonsense tone.

I gave the proposition some thought. Sounds good to me, although I do want to know what he’s doing. Hmmm…..well I’ll follow everything except that part. I’ll ask him anyway when he gets back, because then he’ll have no proof Anna was even here. Perfect!

“Okay, deal. But what-“

“I said no questions,”

“Fine.”

Joe went into the living room picked up his sunglasses, sweatshirt, and left. After Joe left Anna fell into a fit of hysterical giggles. I can’t really blame her though, that whole situation was kinda funny. I began laughing as well, suddenly I heard some stirring upstairs which only made Anna laugh harder. So, I led Anna outside to the backyard and sat on the swinging bench out there. I feel like such a rebel, I've never done anything like this before, sneaking girls into the house, sneaking Joe out, or even falling for a girl so hard so fast. It's crazy how these things work out. Anna layed her head on my chest and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, the moon was out and so were the stars. Man, did I have a knack for making things romantic, even if it isn't on purpose. I guess it's a gift, no a blessing.

Tweet, tweet! I opened my eyes and it was morning. Anna and I were laying on the swinging bench. Anna?! Oh no! I shook Anna awake, and she began freaking out about her parents. She sprinted to the back door and opened it, she began sneaking towards the door. I was right behind her.

"Where do you two think you're going?" a voice asked from behind us.

We began to turn around slowly. Anna and I were going to be in so much trouble. So much for being a rebel. But when I turned around I saw Aimee, laughing to herself. Then Joe walked in and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Babe, what did I miss?"

"The two of them attempting to sneak out. And Anna chillax I called your parents and covered for you. I said you slept over at my house and forgot to call. Then I said we were coming here afterwards."

"I covered for you Kevin, feel free to thank me." Joe said.

"Umm.....Aimee did you happen to bring clothes for me?" Anna asked.

"Yeah." Aimee said pointing to a bag on the couch.

Anna ran to the couch, and went in the bathroom to go change. I looked up at Joe and Aimee confused. I mean how did Aimee know to bring clothes? And why is she here?

"Um...may I ask how you knew to bring clothes?" I asked.

"Well last night Joe told me Anna was with you, and later on Anna's parents called asking if she was with me. So, I knew to cover for her, then I called Joe to make sure, if she goes to leave she comes to my house and not home. And this morning he said she was still here and invited me over. So here I am with clothes, and I made you all breakfast!" She said delightedly.

We all walked into the kitchen, well me and Aimee did, Joe ran and sat down. Aimee placed three pancakes on a plate and handed them to Joe. She got three more and placed them on another plate for me. Aimee went back to go get a third plate when we heard a scream from upstairs, it kind of sounded like Nick except a bit of a girly scream. Then I heard some running down the steps. Aimee and Joe were both laughing hystericaly.

"I forgot to mention......I brought.......Brittney.......and told her to wake up.......Nick." She said in between laughs.

Uh oh........Nick's not a happy camper when he wakes up. I got up and walked over to the living room where Nick was holding Brittney over his shoulder. He looked really tired, Brittney was laughing hysterically. Then I heard some more running down the steps, the Mom and Dad appeared at my side looking at an angry Nick and a laughing upside-down Brittney.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Jonas! I'm sorry for the rude awakening but little Nicky over here wouldn't get up this morning so I had to go to extreme measures to wake him up. But on the plus side Aimee made pancakes if you want any!" Brittney said cheerily.

"Thank you Brittney, and um....Nicholas I suggest you put her down before she gets any redder," Mom suggested as she sat down in the dining room.

Come to think of Brittney's face was kind of red. Awee! Little Brittney's got a crush! Ooooh, and so does Nick conisdering his face was red now too as he put her down. I walked into the kitchen, I should give those two some alone time.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all liked this part! I really don't have anything else left to say except please comment and subscribe!!

~dancerbabe365