Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

Life Works In Mysterious Ways.



*Brittney's P.O.V.

Aimee had just left for her date. Mom and Eric were still at work, and I decided I didn't want to be alone, so I invited Nick over. After two minutes the door bell rang so I went to it, Nick was standing there. His smile started a series of flutters in my stomach, which I strained to suppress. The two of us played Wii Sports for a little while, as I still tried to suppress the tingles I got every single time he looked at me. The games were intense, Nick beat me twice, then I came back with a vengeance winning 5 games in a row. He began to get frustrated so we stopped playing and sat on the couch.

"So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"I don't know, what do you want to do?" he countered.

"No fair! I asked you first!"

"Too bad!"

"Fine. Want to watch a movie?"

"Sure."

I put in Saw II, within the first 5 minutes I had buried my head in Nick's chest because I was so unbelievably scared. I was practically jumping on him, smooth! But I kind of liked it. Kind of. Finally, the movie ended and the credits began rolling. That's when I realized my arms were wrapped around him tightly, and my head was nuzzled into his shoulder. I looked up at him, he looked down at me. His brown eyes were intoxicating, and I really wanted to kiss him right there.He leaned down and I started moving forward. I couldn't believe that this was finally going to happen. FINALLY! Our lips were centimeters apart when.......Ding! Dong!

I shot up quickly, straightened my outfit, scared by the bell, and whispered "I'll be right back" and sprinted off to the door. This had better be good, I was so close! So freaking close! I could have been his girlfriend right there! It would have been perfect! Ugh! Stupid door! I opened the door roughly to see Blake standing there. I went to slam the door as quickly as I could, I didn't want to see his ugly, lying, cheating face ever again, but he caught it with his hand keeping the door opened.

"Just let me talk! It was a mistake! I shouldn't have done what I did!" he said quickly.

"Fine you have two minutes." I said and stepped outside, semi-shutting the door behind me, wanting to give the guy a chance. I don't know why, but something inside of me just wanted closure, wanted to know why he did this to me.

"Okay, I'm sorry for what I did. It was stupid, I was stupid. I'll never do anything like that again. I need you, and am helpless without you. I'm begging you take me back! Brittney, I love you!" he pleaded and began kissing me forcefully. I was too shocked to react, and all my feelings for him came rushing back. The dates, the kisses, the gifts, I began kissing back when I heard the door open behind me and I ripped apart from Blake.

"Leave now." Nick growled.

"Oh yeah? Says who?"

"Says me, and Eric and Deb who are down the block." he said sternly. Blake turned and left he winked at me as he hopped into his car, so I turned to Nick who had a very pained look in his eyes.

"Nick I-"

"I don't understand you! He broke your heart and didn't care. As soon as he comes back you go crawling back into his arms! Was it just me back there or were we just about to kiss before?" He said, flailing his arms towards the door. "I mean a kiss means something to me, and I don't want to kiss you if you still have feelings for him. Deb and Eric are on their way home. I'm gonna go." Nick said calming down, and began walking back to his house.

"Nick!" I called after him, chasing after him. Finally, I caught up just as we were standing in front of his house. "I didn't know he was going to do that."

"Well it sure seemed like you didn't mind." Nick said standing in his doorway and then slammed the door in my face.

Tears began streaming down my face, holding my hand over my face. I couldn't believe that had just happened. Everything was just so perfect, and I thought it was all going to work out for once. This was supposed to be my happily ever after! I took one deep breath and began walking back to my house. I washed my face the second I walked in the door so that it didn't look like I'd been crying, or at least not that hard. I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Eric. He gave me a hug and sat down in the living room and began watching t.v.

"Where's your sister?" he asked.

"Out on a date with Joe!" I said as cheerily as possible.

"Oh I have to meet this Joe, all she does is talk about him. What do you think of him?"

"He's very sweet, you'll like him. I'm sure of it."

"Aimee says you've taken a fancy to one of his brothers. What's his name?"

"Nick." I sighed.

"Hmm....does he like you?"

"Not anymore."

"What happened?" He asked sympathetically.

I sat on the couch next to Eric and told him the whole story. He was very sympathetic, shook his head at the right times and said "Hmm" at the appropriate points. I felt really comfortable telling him all this stuff, he made a great step-dad since I only spoke to my real one once a month for an hour tops. When I finished telling him the story I felt better.

"What do you think I should do?" I asked.

"Call him, apologize, tell him everything."

I kissed Eric on the cheek as a thanks and ran up the stairs to go call Nick. I slipped out my cell phone and dialed his number. I had to call him at least 5 times before he picked up, which was to be expected, he had every right to be upset. But he had to listen to me, because I definitely wasn't going to give up.

"What?" Nick said testily when he picked up.

"Nick I'm sorry okay, I don't-" I began and he cut me off.

"Sorry, sorry? Like that's going to fix everything. It's bad enough for me to be let down, but to see you crawling back to him. It's sickening! He cheated on you Britt! Get that through your head!" He shouted.

"Nick, I kissed back, it was stupid okay? It's just all my feelings for him came rushing back to me and I didn't know what to do."

"You make a choice! You choose what you want! Him or me, it’s one or the other, because I can’t stand to see everything happen all over again."

"Well you’re not one to talk about decisions, what about Leslie? Huh? You just ran away, you didn't even confront her!"

"Oh what and kissing Blake was confronting him?"

"Don't give me that I'm-" I began and the line went dead.

Tears began rolling down my face, why would I have thought he would have been understanding. I betrayed him, myself, everyone. And he's right, I need to make a choice but it's hard to when I still remember what it was like to be with Blake. I felt safe and loved. And what about Nick, he's great, always there for me, but what about when he goes on tour, what am I going to do then? I'll be all alone again. I really should be thinking about getting Nick to talk to me before thinking about a relationship. The tears began falling faster and I tried to contain them, this couldn't be happening. Why now? Why me? And then Aimee opened the door.

*Aimee's P.O.V.

"Don't worry about Nick, he'll come around. As for Blake I'm telling you that guy is NO good!

"I know."

"How could you kiss him though Britt?"

"I DON'T KNOW!" She shouted and began crying again.

"Well if he ever gets the nerve to show his face around here again he might not live long enough to see the next day. If I get my way, which mind you I will." I said which made her laugh then sniffle, "Go to bed, relax I'll have Joe talk to Nick."

"Okay, night."

"Night." I said, feeling satisfied, and then walked into my room. When I got to my room, I slipped on a pair of black sweats and a white tang top. I sat on my bed listening to my boyfriend's gorgeous voice via CD. I can't believe Blake had the nerve, and ugh! Nick and Britt were so close, so close! How could this have happened? Then I felt my phone vibrate with a text from Joe.

What happened with Bumble Bee and Nick? -DJ Danga

Blake. -Aimee

Oh geez. -DJ Danga

You're telling me! -Aimee

Ok, Kevin just told me everything, because Nick spilled to him. And wow. How's Britt? -DJ Danga

Crying herself to sleep. -Aimee

Ouch -DJ Danga

I'm going to sleep, I'll think about this in the morning. Night. -Aimee

Night -DJ Danga

I sat back against my wall hugging the big bear Joe got me. I knew I wasn't going to sleep, and I kinda have a feeling Joe knew too. He didn’t call me beautiful or give me his typical goodbye. It’s almost as if he can read my mind. Oh well, I slipped on my sneakers and snuck outside. Joe was sitting on my stoop, he turned around after I shut the door behind me. I knew we where thinking the exact same thing!

"How'd ya know?" I asked.

"Cause I know you." he said chuckling and kissed my cheek, "So, where are we going?"

"Um......Starbucks. Do your parents know you're out?"

"Yeah, um...I guess from seeing Nick storm into his room slamming all the doors in his path gave them the clue something was up."

"It was that bad?"

"Actually, I found it kind of funny. Cause Kevin was about to walk out of the bathroom when Nick slammed the door. And the lock changed when he slammed it, so Kevin was stuck inside the bathroom. He was banging on the door and yelling, it was really funny. He was stuck in there for like a half hour!" he replied beginning to chuckle just thinking about it.

"Nice."

"Very." he said sarcastically.

We hopped into the car and I began driving to Starbucks. I turned on the radio, the new Sex and the City theme song by Fergie came on. Joe started dancing and I did my own sorta dance thing considering I was the one driving the car. Then we reached Starbucks, I put the car into park and the hopped out. I ordered a double chocolate chip frap and Joe ordered the same. I pulled out my wallet to pay when Joe quickly took out his credit card and paid.

"When did you get a credit card mister?"

"While we went away for those two weeks."

"Well aren't you cool." I said sarcastically, "Thanks for paying."

"Anytime." he said sweetly.

We sat down at a table and drank a little bit. I don't think we could hold off talking about what happened between Nick and Brittney much longer. He knew it, I knew it too. I took a deep breath while thinking about Britt crying in her bed. Then I thought of Nick slamming doors in a fit of anger. That's not the Nick I know. Only Brittney could do that to him. They were destined to be together. Destined I tell you!

"Thinking about Bumble Bee?" he asked calmingly.

"Yeah, Blake's such a jerk. He messed up everything between him and her, and everything between her and Nick too. You know? She finally moves on and he comes back, does he want to torture her? Is that his goal in life? Because he's succeeding. Like is he kidding me?"

"It's okay, Nick and Britt are going to make up. Brittney's going to tell Blake that she's done with him. Just give them time, they're old enough to figure it out themselves." he said calmly.

"You always know what to say don't you?" I asked putting my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know, whenever I'm around you everything just flows." he said and kissed my cheek.

Then we both got up and hopped back into my car and we drove home. I drove to Joe's house and dropped him off home. Then I went back home and snuck back in. I checked on Brittney, she was fast asleep in her bed. I went into my room and fell asleep in my bed. Everything was going to fix itself, it just had to.

*Nick's P.O.V.

I sat in my bed staring at the ceiling, strumming the guitar. I didn't know how to feel, I mean why? Why would she kiss him? I mean look at what he did to her! And what about me, all I've done is be nice to her, take care of her, and then she goes and kisses the guy who broke her heart. Maybe I'm just the friend type. I guess it was stupid of me to hope for more, the feelings will pass, but I don't want our friendship to. I put my guitar down and laid down.

I was still in shock, but then again, everything happens for a reason. Life works in mysterious ways, and maybe Brittney and I weren't destined to be together like I had thought. I fell asleep realizing that it was Brittney's choice with what she does. I shouldn't stop her, but she doesn't need to hurt me in the process.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that you all, sort of, kind of, liked the update. Please comment and subscribe! And I am deeply sorry about how long it took me to update, some major things have been going on in my life but now everything is back on track, so I will be updating more for you soon, hopefully!

Love you all!

~dancerbabe365