Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

I'll Get You No Matter What It Takes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=XUvenXW_LXI[/youtube]

*Brittney's P.O.V.

I woke up with dried tear stains on my face, again. It's been 2 weeks since Blake kissed me. Nick and I still haven't spoken, I've tried calling him plenty of times, trust me. He's been ignoring my calls. Every single one of them. I even left messages, begging, pleading, for him to call me back. Blake hasn't come by again, thank goodness. I love how he comes back screwing everything up and leaves. Figures. I guess that's what he's good at. "I should know that by now," I thought as I stuck my hair into a quick ponytail and went downstairs. Kevin was cooking pancakes while Joe sat at the table.

"Rough night?" Kevin asked sincerely.

"Yeah." I sniffled, knowing how concerned he was.

Kevin came over to me to give me a comforting hug and then returned to his pancakes. Joe hugged me as well and then finished setting the table. Since the fight between Nick and I either one or both of the boys comes over in the mornings, to keep us company while our parents are at work. It's gotten to the point where Eric doesn't even wake us when they come over, he just let's them in. It's pointless to wake us up, because we would fall straight back asleep anyways. But normally Joe looked peppy in the morning, but this morning something was wrong. He looked almost....troubled. Something was most definitely wrong with him.

"Hey Joe?" I asked attentively.

"Yeah Bumble Bee?" He replied.

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're all skittish."

"I am not!" He shouted, pounding a fist on the counter top.

"He's nervous, you're mom and Eric invited him over for dinner tonight." Kevin interrupted, with a little smirk on his face.

"Joe, don't worry about it. Everything will be fine. Plus I'll be there just in case things get even the slightest bit out of hand." I giggled. Then I saw a half-asleep Aimee walk into the kitchen. She kissed Joe on the cheek, and hugged Kevin good morning. She nodded at me and I knew that was the only acknowledgement I was going to get considering she was still partially asleep. Aimee sat down at the table, Kevin gave us all pancakes and we ate hungrily. Afterwards we all cleaned up the table and kitchen. After breakfast we played Rock Band on Wii. Joe and Aimee were being all lovey dovey, so I got up, and got changed and left. I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't just sit there and watch them be like that, when the guy I cared for wouldn't even talk to me. I had to talk to Nick, and he was going to like it. I was going to fix things between us if it was the last thing I’d do. I went next door and knocked on their door, Mrs. Jonas answered.

"Why, hello Brittney. I haven't seen you in a while. How are you?" she asked conversationally.

"Good. How about you?" I said, not really in the mood to have a conversation.

"Wonderful!"

"Um....is Nick home?" I asked, trying to get straight to the point.

"Yes, he's right up in his room." she replied.

"I'm sure he'll be happy to see you. He's been so grumpy lately." Little did she know, was that I was the reason he was like that. It was all my fault. I walked into the house and right up the stairs to Nick's room. I didn't even knock on the door. I slid in quietly so he wouldn't be able to kick me out. He was sitting on the edge of his bed strumming the guitar and looking out his window peacefully. I saw papers all over his floor thrown about. I picked up one and read what it said. It was the beginning of a song written over and over with cross outs all over it. Although, I could still read the words loud and clear. Nick turned to see me standing there, his eyes popped open. He quickly picked up all the papers, including the one in my hand and threw them out.

"What are you doing here?" he whispered roughly.

"I'm here to apologize, you wouldn't answer my calls, or anything." I said, praying that my voice wouldn't crack.

"Darn right I won't. What you did to me hurt Britt, it hurt really bad."

"I can see that," I said gesturing to the garbage can, "Those words were harsh."

"Not compared to the way I felt."

"Oh come on! You felt nothing! I'm hurting too, okay Nick, you happy?" I shouted crying now, "How do you think it felt for me to have Blake come back? You! You of all people should understand that!"

"Yeah, I do. But I don't go crawling back into their arms. I walk away!" He shouted back.

"Well you know what, I don't know what you expect me to do. I apologized to you, that's all I can do." I said.

"No it's not! You can do so much more, like realizing what's right in front of you, and leaving the past behind you. But I don't think you can handle something so simple." He said, getting frustrated with me.

"Oh really, did you let go? Huh? I don't think so, when Leslie came back you didn't just let it go." I said, trying to get him to see things from my perspective.

"No, no I didn't. But that was different I was mature, I didn't run back to her and kiss her! I know what it feels like to be cheated on, it hurts! Which is why I still can't understand why you would kiss him back?! It's repulsive! He's been terrible to you, and me, the one who's been there for you, I'm the one who gets hurt. But let's kiss him, because he's obviously the better option."

"Running away is mature?! Nick I was confused! I didn't know what to do! And you know what your being a jerk! I'm trying to make everything better and leave the past behind us," I said, repeating his past words.

"Don't twist my words!" Nick hissed at me.

"I'm not! I'm saying what has to be said and you’re not even accepting it. I want things to be good between us! Everyone said you would be compassionate and just to give you time. I gave you time! I'm done waiting! I've been crying my eyes out for two weeks and I....I...I just can't take it anymore," I said and collapsed to the floor crying hysterically.

"Oh! Brittney, no, don't cry." He said putting down his guitar, and sitting down next to me wrapping his arms around my shoulders. I turned and cried into his chest.

"Ssssshhhhh, it's okay." He whispered into my ear, rubbing my back, "Don't cry, I can't stand to see you cry." I sniffed and stopped crying. I wiped my eyes and looked up at him, his expression was concerned, and distraught. This had to have been killing him as much as it was killing me. I hadn't noticed all the pain in his eyes until that very moment. I really had hurt him, and it made my heart ache for his forgiveness even more.

"Sorry, it's just I want you to forgive me. I don't like not being able to talk to you. And to know it was all my stupid fault just made it so much worse. Crawling back to Blake's arms wasn't-" I began ranting before I was cut off by a finger to my lips.

"Shh. I forgive you. Okay?"

"Mhm." I replied and hugged him. We stood up and sat on his bed. I wiped my eyes and sniffled. I wanted to kiss Nick so bad, but I knew this was definitely not the right time for that, we had to become friends first before we even think about a relationship again. And I would wait, I would have to wait until everything was right between us again.

"Do you want go back to my place? Everyone's there playing Wii." I laughed trying to pretend as if nothing had happened.

"Sure." He replied.

I plopped down on my couch next to Nick when we got to my house. Anna had obviously came over while I was gone because she was playing the drums, Kevin and Aimee on guitar, and Joe singing. They got 5 stars on their performance. Aimee rubbed it in that she got 100% while everyone else did worse. That's Aimee for you! It was kind of funny though, because Joe was blaming me and Nick for him only getting 99%. Like we were holding down his fingers so he couldn't click the buttons. We decided to go to the mall after we played another game of Rock Band. We took Kevin's black Hummer, and he drove since it was his car. Let's just say the boys aren't exactly thrilled with the fact that we were going to the mall. I guess they picked up on the idea they might just have to hold our bags.

First we went into Abercrombie so I could pick up a skirt or two and a polo. Then we all went to Aeropostale, Nick and I got into a perfume/cologne fight, and the two of us got kicked out because of it. But it was so worth it, I mean come on how priceless? Nick has to walk around all day smelling like a girl, and I managed to avoid getting sprayed with too much of the cologne. Nick and I stayed outside the store waiting for everyone else to finish, still laughing to ourselves. Aimee came out bag-less because Joe had ended up being convinced to hold all 3 of Aimee’s bags. Kevin was happily holding Anna’s one bag. After about two more stores we stopped for a break and went to the food court. Nick and I went to get food first while everyone else watched the table.

“What do you want?” Nick asked politely.

“Umm….I don’t know, Taco Bell?”

“Sure.” I ordered two steak taquitos with sour cream and a sprite, Nick got two chalupas and a diet coke. Obviously he’s a quite a big eater, and we got an apple pie to split. After we got our order we went back to the table. Joe was waiting impatiently by himself, tapping his foot. I guess everyone had ditched him to get food, when Nick and I sat down Joe looked relieved.

“Joe what’s wrong?”

“People keep looking at us funny, I think they’re making a connection.”

“Oh geez, I forgot! Um...where’s Aimee, Anna, and Kevin?”

“Aimee and Anna went to get disguises while Kevin went to go get food for himself and Anna. But some fans realized who he was, so now….he’s hiding in the bathroom.” This caused Nick and I to burst out hysterical laughing. Then I heard my phone go off singing ‘We Are Family’ which made Nick laugh harder and Joe was laughing at how red Nick’s face was.

What sizes are everyone? –Aimee

Umm…why? –Mwah

They need new clothes and stuff don’t they? –Aimee

I asked the boys and texted her back with the sizes. Within five minutes I saw Aimee and Anna speed walking towards us, Aimee was holding two bags, Anna was holding one. Aimee handed one bag to Joe and one to Nick quickly. Anna handed her bag to Nick telling him to give it to Kevin. The boys went to the bathroom, when Aimee and Anna burst out giggling.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“Well….the clothes….aren’t exactly their style.” Anna said giggling.

“Oh my god, did you dress them skater or something?”

“We had fun with their outfits, and I always wondered what they would look like if they grunged down. So now I’ll know!” Aimee said.

“Anna, why? Just why?” We heard a voice from behind Anna say who sounded very uncomfortable. When I looked closer I realized it was Kevin! He was wearing a pair of beige cargo shorts, a long sleeve army patterned shirt with a baseball cap, sports sunglasses, and a pair of Nikes. He looked so uncomfortable and out of place, I couldn’t help but laugh. Then Nick came out, he didn’t seem too uncomfortable, I think he actually liked it. He was wearing a pair of blue mesh-like shorts with a dark blue hoody, and sports sunglasses.

“This is kind of comfy.” Nick said bouncing in his new sneakers.

“For you.” Kevin said looking at his bootless feet.

“I feel like an undercover agent!” Joe said excitedly. Joe was wearing beige cargo pants as well, with beige guy’s flip-flops, a blue Abercrombie t-shirt, and big sunglasses. I began laughing harder at the different reactions from the boys, Joe was all super spy, Nick was all smiles with his new look, and finally there’s Kevin. He looked really uncomfortable and was longing for his scarf and boots. Anna got up and gave Kevin a hug and whispered something into his ear.

*Kevin's P.O.V.

I walked over to go get me and Anna some food. Man she was amazing, so perfect. I couldn't help, but smile while I thought about her. I got online at Sbarros to get us pizzas. I heard a muffled squeal behind me so I turned around. It was two girls, about 13, with T-shirts that had my face and the word Kevin across them. I heard another excited squeal, I looked around. There was no place to hide, not that I wanted to. I like signing autographs, but the mall really isn't the place to do that, give it ten seconds and I'll be in the middle of a mob scene. I could see the girls giggling and calling people over, and quite a few of them had pictures of the three of our faces on them. I even saw a little girl with a picture of Frankie on her shirt. I saw the horde of girls begin walking towards me giggling. I did the first thing I thought of...........run.

I heard the girls talking in confusion and they began running after me. I turned into the first store I saw hoping for a place to hide. I just needed to wait the little girls out. It shouldn’t take that long. I guess it's just my luck the store I ran into was Victoria's Secret. I looked around quickly, attempting to find a place to hide, luckily there was a large table for me to hide behind. I noticed there was a pile of something on the table I went to hide behind, I didn't have enough time to see what. I saw a pair of women's legs walk up to the table as I was sitting there, the person was looking through whatever was on the table in front of me. I prayed that they wouldn’t see me and think that I’m a creepy stalker. Then I felt something drop onto my head, I picked it up off my head and looked at it.

"Ewwwwwww!!!" I squealed and jumped up hitting my head on the table. It was a bright pink thong that had landed on my head. I threw it back on to the table, then realized the girls had heard my squeal, they were headed in my direction and fast. Wow, not taking bodyguards was so not worth this. I sprinted as fast as my legs could go and ran out. I was leaving the girls in my dust bit by bit. I could feel the fatigue setting in, I had to find someplace and fast! The Bathroom. I ran into the guys bathroom and into a stall and locked it. The girls were far enough behind me, so they didn't see me make the turn into the bathroom. Plus, they wouldn’t go into the guys bathroom anyway. I decided to text Joe and call in for reinforcements.

*Fast Forward

"I feel like an undercover agent!" Joe screamed. Ugh! How mature! This is so uncomfortable!! Anna walked up to me and whispered in my ear, "I think you look pretty cute dressed like this." I grabbed her waist and gave her a kiss on the lips for that comment.

"Eww, PDA!! Your gonna make me barf!" Aimee screamed at us.

"Oh you're one to talk," Anna replied sarcastically.

"Ladies can we finished this another time? Let's finish shopping and get out of here," Nick said diplomatically.

"Well, you definitely are President material, all mature making propositions and what not," Britt said.

So, we finished shopping then hopped into the car. I thought I was going to keel over before I made it to the car, Anna had me carrying like 100 bags. I felt bad for Joe though, he got it the worst, he had more bags than Nick and I combined. Aimee offered to help, but Joe was trying to be a show off for her. Brittney held half of her bags, and Nick half the other half. When we got to the girl’s house Nick and Joe brought the bags inside, then we drove to Anna's, I brought her bags in and drove home. Nick went to go hangout with Frank the Tank, while I went up with Joe to help him figure out what to wear to dinner tonight with Aimee’s family.

He was frantic and nervous, so I had to help him out. Aimee had said to dress nice, but not formal. To me it screams light blue button down shirt and nice light wash jeans, with maybe a pair of white Vans. Yeah, I think that works good. I searched for that and laid it out while he was rambling on and on about tons of stuff that had to do with tonight. I guess I probably should have been listening because I think he was talking to me, but I did nod my head so he thought I was listening. That counts doesn’t it? Oh well. I’m not that great of a multi-tasker.

I pointed to the bed so Joe knew the clothes were for him. Five minutes later he walked in, and turns out my outfit choice was perfect. I let him borrow some of my cologne since he was out. Within an hour he was out the door. He needed to talk with Nick before he left, which is why it took so long for him to leave. After he left I went back up to my room and laid on my bed after I changed. I fell asleep laughing thinking about all the ways Joe could physically manage to mess this simple job up. Could he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading this! I hope you enjoy this story as much as I am. And I'm sorry this update took so long, but my computer deleted it on accident the first time. Please comment and subscribe. I love you all.

~dancerbabe365