Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

All Guys Are Exactly The Same



~Fast Forward to Friday~

I sat there in the back seat of my step-mom’s Envoy trying my hardest not to start hyperventilating. Today was the day, the day I would show Hollywood Records what Aimee McAdams was made of! We pulled into the parking lot and I hopped out of the car clutching the paper that Mrs. Jonas had given me yesterday saying which studio room to go into. When we walked in front of the room my dad put his hand on my shoulder, and Deb rubbed my back. They had both taken off work to be with me today. “Thanks mom, I’m doing this for you,” I thought to myself.

“You know she’d be very proud of you, and would want you to show those producers what you’ve got,” my dad said and I walked into the studio with my head held high, him and Deb walking in right behind me.

There were two men in suits sitting on chairs outside of the sound booth. They both looked very professional sitting there, no hair was out of place on them, and their suits were ironed perfectly with no wrinkles. I guess I should’ve dressed up a bit more than I did. Too late to change now. The men shook hands with my dad and Deb, and introduced themselves as Phillip and Chester. Chester? What a formal name. They would be listening to me sing along with a woman named Maria who had yet to arrive. Suddenly, the door burst open to reveal a woman in a pair of black skinny jeans, checkered Vans, and a bright pink top. Her flaming red hair was put into a side ponytail, okay so at least I’m not the only one who decided to dress down today.

“Hi, you must be Aimee, I’m Maria,” She said and shook my hand quickly.

One of the men, Phillip, I believe stood up again, “Now that everyone is finally here,” He began giving Maria a dirty look which she stuck her tongue out in response to. “Aimee why don’t you step into the sound booth.”

I walked in and looked through the clear glass window at everyone, and then I looked around the room confused having no idea what to do. I turned to face the glass again when I heard a loud beep coming from a speaker in the room. I heard Maria’s voice ring out from the speaker, giving me instructions on what to do. “Hun, do you see earphones to your left?” I turned to my left and nodded my head. “Put a pair on and start singing into the mike whenever you’re ready.”

I took the earphones and put them on. I took 2 deep breaths and began singing the song Brittney wrote. While I was singing I looked at my three ‘interviewers’. The two men were writing in their notebooks busily, meanwhile Maria was just sitting there smiling broadly giving me a thumbs up. Once I finished, I took off the headphones and walked out of the sound booth, everyone stood up and shook hands again.

“You’ll get a call in a few days or so from the company letting you know whether you’re getting signed,” Chester said.

My dad gave me a huge hug as soon as we got outside of the room. Deb joined in on the hug, so it turned into a group hug which was fine with me. Normally I didn’t like them, but I could make an exception this time. I needed a bit of emotional support. We started walking down the hallway, when a very frustrated guy burst out of the room ahead of us, followed by two more. They headed down the hallway angrily. The last guy kind of looked like Nick, but it couldn’t be. Joe said his Aunt Hilda was in town for the day visiting. That was why he couldn’t come with me for support today. Joe wouldn’t lie to me. Would he? I turned the corner to see Joe, Kevin, and Nick talking angrily about something. Nick’s eyes opened wide when he saw me, and began poking Joe repeatedly, which only caused Joe to yell at Nick.

“Nick! Stop! I know! Kevin and I are trying to figure out what to do!” All Nick could do was to shake his head, the universal sign for no.

“So, how’s Aunt Hilda?” I said sarcastically, the anger inside of me flaring.

Joe whipped his head around at the speed of light to look at me. I could read his face, pure shock, he wasn’t expecting to see me. I can’t believe he lied to me. I thought our relationship was an open one and there was no need for lying. I mean if he had something else to do he could have just told me. Was it necessary to lie? Joe looked as if he was about to say something when my dad walked up behind me, he said hello to the boys and we walked to the car and drove home. Boys, they’re all exactly the same. When we got home I ate and then went up to my room. I looked at my computer. I had gotten an IM from Joe.

JaJx08: My aunt Hilda got sick so we she didn’t end up coming into town.
JaJx08: Then record company called, they wanted us to record something.
JaJx08: I’m sorry.
JaJx08: How about I make it up to you? Date tomorrow 6 o’clock @ the park
JaJx08 has just signed off.

I guess I had jumped to conclusions, Joe would never do something to upset me or hurt me. He wasn’t like that. He really, truly did care about me. I sat down on my bed, sighing in relief and happiness, when Brittney walked in.

“How was the singy, time slot thing?”

“The singy time slot thing was good. I think they liked me, well at least I hope they did.” I said, making fun of her way of asking about my interview.

“So I spoke with Nick, he said Aunt Hilda got sick, and to make sure you knew."

"I know, Joe IM’d me,"

"Oh."

Brittney and I talked for a little while. Her and Nick were back to normal, I know secretly she wanted it to be better than normal though. More like them being together normal. He'd come around, I knew it. She just give him some more time. And before I knew it, it was time for dinner.

*Next Day

Around 10 this morning I got a call, from Hollywood Records. They wanted me to start recording a CD!!!! So I was there until about 4. We were recording a song or two that Brittney had written for me, a few that I wrote myself, and then the rest were some that were written that by other people that I liked. Then I left so I could get ready for my date with Joe. I got dressed and left around 5:30, I got to the park with 15 minutes to spare. I sat there as time ticked by. 6:00 no Joe, 6:10 still no Joe, 6:30 and my phone rang, it was Joe.

"Hey, where are you?" I asked praying that he was close.

"Umm....I can't make it tonight I have to record a song," He said.

"Oh," I replied disappointed.

"I'm really sorry, they just called."

"Joe, it's 6:30 you were supposed to be here a half-hour ago. So you would have had me waiting here for a half-hour for you? Did you even intend on coming at all?" I said, growing frustrated.

"Aimee-"

"Whatever, you stood me up. End of discussion."

"No, not end of discussion! I apologized, and they called at like 5:50, I forgot to call you. I was trying to cover it, I'm sorry."

"Okay, so you forgot about me, and lied to me. Even better. Well, you know what sometimes sorry just isn't good enough," I said and hung up. I was just so unbelievably fed up with him. I walked home, he didn't even try to call me back. What a jerk! When I got home the house phone rung, the caller ID said Paul Jonas. I didn't want to speak with Joe so I let the answering machine get it, when Mrs. Jonas's angelic voice came from the answering machine.

"Um....hi it's Mrs.Jonas, I was wondering if-"

"Hi Mrs. Jonas it's Aimee, what's up?" I said, picking up because it wasn’t Joe.

"I was wondering if you could watch Franklin while I run a few errands? Since the boys are at the studio, and Paul is out golfing no one's home to-"

"Of course! I'll be there in like 5 minutes!"

"Thank you so much!"

"Anytime!" I said and went to go find my keys.

I found my keys, hopped into my car and drove to the Jonas household. I reached the house in 2 minutes flat since they lived so close. I knocked and Frankie opened the door. He gave me a small hug and led me inside the house with a smile on his face. Clearly he was happy to see me. We were definitely going to have a good time together tonight. Mrs. Jonas was sitting on the couch and stood up when she saw me come in.

"Thanks again! Emergency numbers are on the fridge, and don't pick up the phone. If they want me that badly they'll-"

"Call your cell. Don't worry Mrs. J I got it, and I'm even certified in CPR." I said, trying to make her feel better about leaving her youngest son in my care.

"You're a life saver!"

"Anytime! I hope your Aunt Hilda feels better!"

"Aunt Hilda, who's that?" Mrs. Jonas asked confusedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
How did you like it? I'm on a posting spree, whoot whoot! Hopefully I'll get around to posting The Spotlight tonight as well! Subscribe and Comment please! It means the world to me. You have no idea how excited I get when I see I have new comments! Love you all!

~dancerbabe365