Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

Burnin' Up For You Baby

*Joe’s P.O.V.

I woke up to a call from Aimee, she wanted me to come with her, for her tryouts at the studio. I couldn’t go with her though, no matter how much I wanted to. I had to start recording our new song, Burning Up today. I wanted it to be a nice surprise for Aimee, considering my part is written about her. So, I thought of the quickest excuse I could so she wouldn’t expect anything. I didn’t want to ruin the surprise for her in anyway, since I always manage to mess things up.

“I can’t my....Aunt Hilda is coming to visit.” I said, hoping she would believe me.

“Oh, okay. Love you! I’ll tell you how it goes!” She squealed.

“Love you too! Bye!”

Aunt Hilda? That was the best you could come up with?” Nick said as he plopped himself down on my bed.

“Shush Up! What do you intend on telling Brittney?”

“Ummm…...nothing. And if she asked we’re recording a new song, and no there are no sneak peeks allowed. The record company doesn’t want for there even to be a slight chance for the song to get out.”

“I was under pressure!”

“It wasn’t necessary to lie.”

I got up off my bed and shoved Nick out of my room and locked the door. I heard Kevin laughing, Nick probably had fallen over after I pushed him, due to my newly enhanced muscles. I got dressed and walked out of my room when Kevin placed his hand on my shoulder. Gosh! Could they get anymore annoying?

“Aunt Hilda? You’ve got to be kidding me.” Kevin said attempting not to laugh. “You could’ve at least picked a more believable name.”

“I was under pressure! I didn’t really think about it, and I didn’t realize I could just play it off!”

“Well, I’m not digging you out of this hole.”

“Thanks a lot for your wise words,” I replied rolling my eyes.

When we got downstairs, everyone took a breakfast breaks box, and hopped into the car. We ate on the way to the studio. The producers helped us mess around with the chords and stuff, we recorded the song, and they messed around with the background track, and our voices then played it for us. Well, it sounded ..…terrible! They made it all techno and it frustrated me beyond belief.

This was not the sound we were going for, so I told them me and my brothers needed to discuss it. I stormed out of the room, behind me was Kevin, and Nick was behind him. I saw a blonde girl as I stormed out, she kind of looked like Aimee, but no. It couldn’t be her, she should have been done a while ago. I turned the corner and looked at Kevin expectantly, he had to have something to say on that atrocity of a mix. Before we even started recording we had a discussion with the producers on what the song was supposed to sound like. And that, that was not what we discussed, it’s not even our normal sound. It sounded like a Britney Spears song mixed with a beat boxer, and the Titanic Techno Remix playing in the background! That would be a major turn off for the fans. Kevin made a disgusted face and shuddered. I think he was thinking about the song again in his head.

“Okay that was not good, at all.” Kevin said.

“Yah think?”

“I say we march in there and tell them absolutely not!” Kevin said angrily.

“I agree.”

I didn’t even notice how silent Nick was, Kevin and I went back and forth deciding the safest way to approach the producers with our thoughts. I felt some rapid poking on my shoulder coming from Nick, he seemed really shocked. See he thinks it’s terrible too! And the pokes continued. “Okay this is not helping me and Kevin!” I thought to myself.

“Nick! Stop! I know! Kevin and I are trying to figure out what to do!” I yelled at Nick which he shook his head no in response to. What is his issue?

“So, how’s Aunt Hilda?” I heard a sarcastic voice say.

I turned to see Aimee, what is she doing here? She was supposed to have been done a while ago, I was about to say something when Deb and Eric walked over, said ‘hello’ and left bringing Aimee with them. Shoot! Ugh! Kevin and Nick were right! I put my head in my hands, mentally slapping myself repeatedly for my stupidity. Why did I need to lie? Couldn’t I have just flown with it! Nick patted my shoulder and we all walked back into the recording room.

“Okay, I’m sorry, but the boys and I don’t really like the way this song was put together. It was made for three very special people so it has to be perfect. So can we re-work it?” Kevin said maturely.

The producers nodded their heads and we began redoing the song, bit by bit. We left after an hour or so saying we’d finish it another day. When I got home the first thing I did was go online and IM Aimee and explain/cover myself up. I couldn’t have her mad at me, it would ruin everything.

JaJx08: My aunt Hilda got sick and the record company called, they wanted us to record something.
JaJx08: I’m sorry.
JaJx08: How about I make it up to you? Date tomorrow 6 o’clock @ park

I signed off since she was on away. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep in a snap, I worked really hard today. I woke up the next day, got dressed, and went downstairs for breakfast. The day passed by really fast, due to the fact I was messing around with my brothers all day, and before I knew it, it was 5:50.

I was about to go get ready for my date with Aimee when the phone rang. It was the record company, they wanted us to finish up the song tonight. Kevin drove the three of us and Big Rob to the recording studio, while my dad went with some friends to go play golf. Frankie and Mom stayed home to relax and stuff. We got into the studio and recorded stuff and started messing with the sound. Before I knew it, it was 6:30. AIMEE! I ran out of the studio and called her, not only did I screw up once, but twice. Back to back too! I dialed the number, it rang once and she picked up.

"Hey, where are you?" She said sounding angry.

"Umm....I can't make it tonight I have to record a song," I said apologetically.

"Oh," She replied disappointed, with me.

"I'm really sorry, they just called," I said trying to make it better.

"Joe, its 6:30 you were supposed to be here a half-hour ago. So you would have had me waiting here for a half-hour for you? Did you even intend on coming?"

"Aimee-" I said trying to apologize.

"Whatever, you stood me up. End of discussion."

"No, not end of discussion! I apologized, and they called at like 5:50, I forgot to call you. I was trying to cover it, I'm sorry." I said trying to get her to understand and not be mad.

"Okay, so you forgot about me, and lied to me. Even better. Well, you know what sometimes sorry just isn't good enough," She said and the line went dead.

Ugh! I was about to dial again to try to explain it to her, when one of the producers came and told me I had to come in and finish the song. I obeyed quietly, vowing to make it up to Aimee. When I got back inside everyone finished the song quickly, Big Rob even added a rap to the song which sounded really good. It sounded perfect when we finished, I didn’t want to change a single thing about it. I hoped that Aimee would love it, I wanted everything to be alright with us so badly. Just as we walked out of the room one of the ‘head honchos’ of Hollywood Records stopped us.

“Oh hello boys, good thing I caught you, I was just about to go looking for you.”

“Hi Maria, how are you?” Kevin asked politely.

“Good thanks for asking. Here come with me.”

Maria led us into her office and there were 4 seats, one for each of us and one for Big Rob. She smiled at us and got right down to business.

“Okay well I heard you guys recording today and loved the song, I already spoke with your father and he agrees it’s time to make another music video. I already have writers on the job, deciding exactly what it’s going to be like. And of course Big Rob’s going to be in the video as well since he sings part of the song. Well what do you think?”

“What do we think? We think that’s a great idea!” I said thinking this was the perfect way to make everything right with Aimee.

“You know how in most of our videos each of us gets a girl, would my girlfriend be able to play my girl?” I asked.

“Of course, Aimee her name is right? Speaking of her she recorded part of her CD today it sounds amazing!”

“CD?”

“Yes, didn’t she tell you we signed her?”

“Oh, umm….of course she did.” I said, shocked that Aimee didn’t tell me that.

“Back on topic, do you think my girlfriend could be in the video too?” Kevin said, bringing us back to the subject on hand.

“Most definitely. How about you Nick, do you want a special girl to be in the video too?”

“I don’t have a special girl,” Nick said looking down. He was still a little sore over the Blake incident.

“Well then we’ll find you someone good!” Maria said kindly, as if she understood what was going on.

Maria collected some information about Anna to contact her about the video, and we discussed the song a little bit, so she got the basic idea of what the song was about and a few ideas about the video. Then we left the studio, heading home. We dropped Big Rob off at his house and we got home, I noticed a metallic blue Camry parked outside. Aimee’s car!

*Aimee’s P.O.V.

Frankie and I played all sorts of games, we even ended up playing a pretty good game of hide and seek together. It was pretty relaxing and having fun with him. I didn’t even think about how angry I was with Joe. After a couple of hours Mrs. Jonas came home, she asked me if I wanted to stay and wait for Joe, but I told her I had things I had to do. But unfortunately my luck seemed to have run out, as soon as I stepped out of the house I saw Kevin’s black Hummer pulled up. I speed walked to my car, buckled my seat belt, and put in the keys. Just as I was about to drive away Joe sprinted in front of my car, putting his hand on the hood.

“Aimee, we need to talk.” Joe said seriously.

“I’d like to meet your Aunt Hilda first.” I spat at him.

“Get out of the car.”

“No.” I said firmly.

“Aimee. I’m not moving until you get out and we talk.”

“Then I’ll run you over!” I shouted, realized that I wouldn’t really do that, even if I wanted to.

I turned to look behind me, Kevin’s Hummer was parked directly behind me so I couldn’t back out, and Joe was standing in front of me so I couldn’t go that way either. I stared Joe down, which cause him to stare back. He looked really upset, maybe I should just. NO! I can’t give in, he lied to me and that just isn’t right. I revved the car which caused Joe to jump back a little, but still maintained his spot, we sat there for a good 2 minutes staring down each other. Finally I gave in I was wasting gas, and Joe wasn’t going anywhere, he had that determined glint in his eye.

“Get out.” He demanded.

I turned off the car, unbuckled my seat belt and I got out of the car slamming the door violently behind me. I walked straight up to Joe and looked him in the eye sternly. He was getting absolutely no sympathy from me, our relationship is an open one, well at least that’s what I thought. If he had to go to the recording studio fine whatever, that’s how his lifestyle is, I get it. But why lie about it? Did he think I would find that upsetting that he was going there instead of being with me? If so, he definitely did not know me well enough to be my boyfriend.

“I’m giving you two minutes. And I’m gone.”

“Okay, I’m sorry I lied. But I didn’t want you to know that the new song we wrote, well the par t of it I wrote is about you and I didn’t want any questions!”

“So you lied.” I said with no emotion.

“Yes, but I was determined to keep it a secret-”

“I bet 30 bucks Aimee slaps him!” Kevin said to Nick who were both walking past us.

“Well I give you 30 bucks Aimee’s going to forgive him!” Nick said to Kevin.

At the same time Joe and I turned to the two of them and said, “Who asked for your two cents?”

Then Joe looked at me, his eyes looking truly sorry, it was killing me on the inside to be mad at him. But I couldn’t forgive him, not that easily. He couldn’t win me over that easily, and our trust was totally destroyed, it would take way more than an ‘I’m sorry’ to fix that.

“I recorded the song, it’s really good.
I fell so fast, can’t hold myself back
High heels, red dress all by yourself
Gotta catch my breath
Baby you turn the temperature hotter
And I’m Burnin’ Up Burnin’ Up
For you baby!
” He sang to me.

I couldn’t take it anymore, I can’t believe he wrote that for me. He even remembered what I wore on our ‘first’ date. I grabbed his collar and kissed him ferociously. There was so much passion in that kiss, and in mid-kiss I heard some beeping behind us. I broke the kiss to see there was a car with a very impatient driver beeping at us to get out of the middle of the street kissing. It was the perfect moment and this guy messed it up. So, being as spiteful as I am, I grabbed Joe’s collar and began kissing him again even more intense than before, well if that’s even possible. When we broke apart again, I saw Kevin handing Nick $30, and the driver had turned his car around and went down another block. Joe put his arm around my shoulder and we walked on to the sidewalk. I pinched him as soon as we stepped onto the sidewalk.

“OWE! What was that for?!”

“For lying! Don’t ever do that again or I will not forgive you so easily.” Then I flicked him on the nose.

“And what was that one for?”

“The pinch didn’t quite satisfy me.” I said playfully.

“Oh I am so going to get you for that one!” He said and began chasing me.

He chased me across their front lawn until I tripped and fell to the floor and Joe laid down above me and kissed me. Then the sprinklers came on totally drenching us. I was glad to have my Joe back, and I hope it stays that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! Alright there is only 4 parts left in this story. Tear, tear. But don't get upset! There is going to be a sequel. The sequel is called...My Heart, It's Calling...You?! You like? Guess where it came from? I know you all know, so I'm not even going to tell you, but please subscribe and comment. Also, if you think the drama is dying down, no worries, it is going to pick right back up. Trust me! Love you all! Oh and comment about what you think of LVATT! I love it!

~dancerbabe365