Status: Completed. =)

The Love Triangle Factor

Watch As Everything Goes Down The Tubes



Brittney’s P.O.V.

I sat down in a chair helping myself to some fruit, while they were filming poolside for the boys’ new video. I wasn’t in the video because they made the plans before Nick and I were a couple. Which in a way, kind of sucks. I would have loved to be in it, but it wasn’t his fault. So it was totally okay, well sort of okay. But if Miss. Selena Gomez gets any closer to Nick and flirts with him again she is so going straight into the pool. They were filming the boys and girls socializing, like as if it was a party. I smiled when I saw Nick laugh, he looked so cute, but my smile dropped as soon as Selena reached over and pushed his hair out of his eyes getting a little too close for comfort.

I got up off of the chair and walked off the studio, if I saw her touch him one more time I was going to slap her. I walked over to the Carvel a few blocks from the pool, I ordered myself a cookie dough arctic blend. I pulled out my iPod and listened to Aimee’s demo CD which she had gotten from the studio and had put on it. She sounded unbelievable, no wonder they signed her. When I went back to the set, everyone was taking a break except for the boys who were talking with Maria.

“Isn’t Nick such a hottie?” Selena asked me.

“Yeah, and he’s my hottie.”

“As long as he’s single, he’s fair game. Game on girl!”

“Um….no. See he’s not single, nor is he fair game. He’s my boyfriend.” I said trying to get my point across.

“Well then, you better hold on tight because you’ve got a little competition.” I was about to say something back, but Nick walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He nodded at Selena, she winked at him and walked away.

“So, where were you? I looked for you when we switched sets, but I couldn’t find you.” He asked.

“I went to Carvel. Want a sip?” I said offering him a sip of my arctic blend.

“Sure, thanks.” He said and took a sip. Well more like a gulp.

Then the boys were called to film more of the video, again it was supposed to be them socializing, Selena was getting even closer to Nick than before, if you just saw the two of them you would’ve figured they were about to kiss. It looked like they were talking and smiling, Selena tilted her head back and laughed at something that had been said. She was trying to be flirty with my boyfriend and that so does not fly with me. When they finished I walked up to Selena. I was going to set things straight.

“You need to keep some distance between you and my boyfriend. Don’t try and mess with me because that won’t end well. I can promise you that.” I said seriously.

“Calm yourself, Nick will choose who he really wants don’t worry.” Selena said assuredly.

“Then you should be worried because he loves me and he would never leave me for anyone else. We’re together, forever.”

“What a bold statement. And if he’s wrapped around your finger like you claim, then you should have nothing to worry about.”

“I’m not worried, but you should be.” I said and walked away. Is she right? Maybe he’s not so in love with me? I shouldn’t be intimidated by her! I’m pretty, smart, funny, and Nick is mine. Nick popped up next to me suddenly, and looked at me. I jumped at the sight of him, oh I hope I’m right about this.

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

“Nope,” I said and gave him a huge hug not letting go.

“You sure?”

“You really care about me right?” I asked hugging him tighter.

“Of course, what would make you ask that?”

“Nothing, nothing.”

This part of the shoot for today was over so Aimee and I drove home. I walked into my house, Aimee went upstairs, and I saw my mom sitting at the table looking somewhat upset. As soon as she heard me walk in her head popped up and she plastered a fake smile onto her face. Something was wrong. She walked over to me and asked me how the video shoot was.

“It was pretty good, but that Selena girl was all over Nick. Then I told her that we were dating, and she said too bad. How slutty is that? Like she knows he’s my boyfriend!”

“Don’t worry honey, she’s just jealous. Don’t get upset over it, you know that Nick likes you, certainly more than this Selena girl, I’m sure she doesn’t even compare to you. It’s not worth your time to get upset.” She said comfortingly, like a mom should.

“Speaking of being upset what’s wrong?”

“Oh nothing, just some petty things with your father. It’ll be fine, I promise.”

“He isn’t coming next week is he?” I said my frown deepening.

“No, no, that’s not it at all….he uh-” She began before being cut off by the phone ringing.

She ran off to go answer it, I could tell she really didn’t want to talk about it, at least not now for sure. She never wants to talk about Dad, she says hello when he comes to pick me up for a weekend every other month and that’s it. The end of their relationship was rough, and the divorce was just plain nasty. I guess I was the reason for that one though, they both wanted me terribly, but the court decided I was to stay with my mother. I went up to my room because I could tell I wasn’t going to get an answer from her. I sat in my room, I put on my PJ’s and laid down on my bed. Before I knew it I was asleep, I guess watching Selena fawn over Nick all day tired me out.

I woke up to Goodnight and Goodbye playing on my iHome. I turned it off, and go myself dressed, into jean shorts, a blue and white striped spaghetti strap shirt, blue flip-flops, and my big sunglasses. Today we were filming at the beach for Nick’s little piece, me and Aimee were invited by Nick and Joe to come and watch even though Aimee didn’t have a part in today’s filming. It seemed like it was going to be a fun day though.

Aimee drove the two of us to the beach. Anna couldn’t come because she had to babysit Lilly, and her and Frankie were having a play date. Those two munchkins were so cute! I took off my flip-flops and felt the sand in between my toes, I looked up and saw the she-devil talking to Nick. What is she doing here?! Nick looked up seeing me and waving me over, so I walked over, wrapping my arm around his waist and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“Hi Nick! Selena.”

“Hay babe, I have to go film now, I’m so glad you could come!” Nick said before walking away.

“Look what the cat dragged in.” Selena said.

“And look at what it barfed up afterwards,” I said smiling.

“Nick invited me, saying he wanted to hang out, this was easier than I thought.”

“Oh please, he wants to be friends with you. He’s such a sweetie.”

I cheered silently when Kevin called over Selena to talk to her, then Nick waddled over to me wearing a red wetsuit that didn’t look too comfortable for him. I had to giggle at the site, which only made him give me a sarcastic smile. This was just too funny.

“What’s wrong? You seem down.” He said, having this weird intuition. It always seemed like he knew what was going on in my mind.

“Don’t get like upset or anything, but I really don’t like Selena.”

“Why? I thought you were a fan.”

“I was but she’s being a total brat, and is thoroughly convinced you like her. And that you’re going to go out with her and dump me. I would just appreciate it if you stayed away from her.”

“No she’s not, I think you’re misinterpreting what she’s saying. She’s a nice girl, and I’m sorry that you’re jealous that I’m talking to her.”

“Jealous? Are you kidding me!? I just told you what she told me, and you’re not believing me. You’re my boyfriend, you are supposed to believe me!”

“I do, I just think you’re taking this the wrong way.”

“If you say so,” I sighed giving up on the topic, it just wasn’t worth it.

I decided to lay down and get a tan while Nick was filming, I guess me laying on the ground all by myself gave Kevin the heads up that something was wrong. He came over and sat down next to me like a good friend. I’ve always known that I can count on him when I’m feeling down.

“So, what’s going on between you and Nick?”

“Okay you’re probably not going to believe me either, but Selena likes Nick.”

“Could’ve told you that one.” Kevin said knowingly.

“But wait that’s not the best part, she intends on somehow getting him to dump me and date her. And I tried telling Nick that, but he always tries to see the best in people!” I said, letting out a frustrated groan.

“You know that’s sometimes a good thing.”

“Not helping!”

“Okay deep breaths, Nick won’t dump you for her.”

“Well he seems to be flirting back.”

“What?” He said turning to see Nick laughing with Selena.

The two of them were walking down the beach laughing, pushing each other into the water. It was killing me inside to watch that and not stop it, tears started forming in my eyes. Today was just not my day. “I think it’s time for me to go home. If he’d like to spend time with his little ‘friend’ rather than me then fine.” I said and walked over to Aimee asking her to drive me home.

Aimee told Kevin goodbye, gave Joe and awkward kiss on the cheek goodbye, and we left. It was silent on most of the car ride home, Aimee knew something was up, but could almost telepathically feel I really didn’t want to talk about it. Unfortunately though, the silence didn’t last for long.

“Um…Joe overheard your little fight with Nick. Is everything okay between you two?”

“Just peachy.”

“Obviously not. How about you come tomorrow, they’re filming Selena and Nick’s part, but you can hang out with me and Joe.”

“Okay,” I said.

After Aimee, pulled in the car she basically ran up the steps to her room, probably to call Joe. The two of them had been having lots of little fights lately, even after the whole Aunt Hilda thing. I mean they always forgive each other, but it’s taking its toll on their relationship, and I can see its killing Aimee that their relationship is going down the tubes. I watched a movie, mom came home from work and went to go take a shower. While she was up there I heard a knock on the door. I sat up and walked to the door. I opened it up, shocked.

“What are you doing here?!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello dearies! Drama anyone? Haha just so you know, I am a big Selena Gomez fan so no offense to her in anyway shape or form! I absolutely LOVE her, it’s just I needed someone for this part and it just worked out this way. NO COUPLES ARE SAFE! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN! Also, sorry that this too so long to come out! Only a few parts left!

~dancerbabe365