‹ Prequel: Life After Death
Sequel: Long Live

Journeying Closer To The Beginning

No Good-byes

JASPER’S POV:

Vanessa arrived about an hour later, and we finished preparing Shiloh for her move to Connecticut. While Harley and Shane caught Vanessa up on everything, I held my goddaughter for the last time.

“I love you baby girl. I never thought anyone so small could have such a big influence on me, but you did. You will always be with me.” I kissed her cheek and looked at the locket I had given her on the day she was born.

I grabbed it and took it off of her. I gripped it tightly in my palm as I handed her back to Harley. As they went to say goodbye to everyone I pulled Vanessa aside. I gave her the locket.

“I gave this to Shiloh the day she was born. If something happens give this to her. It will help her find her way to us. Please…take care of her.” I begged.

The woman smiled at me. “I plan to do just that and more. I promise if I need you I will call. But only if the Vilturi is there. I know what to do, Jasper. You’ve always taken care of my daughter…now I plan to do that for Shiloh.”

I nodded as Harley came over to me. Vanessa left us alone and my sister looked up at me. “I don’t want to say good-bye.”

I shook my head. “Then don’t. Good-bye signifies that we will never see each other again. I have a feeling we might somewhere down the road. I mean we do live forever.”

She smiled a bit. “Thank you, Jazz. For everything. I will never forget you.”

We hugged. “I know. We will always be here if you need us. I promise.”

She nodded. “I know.”

Suddenly Carlisle cleared his throat. “It’s time to leave Leigh.”

She stepped back and sighed. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said as the rest of the family nodded.

Then quickly she turned and followed Vanessa, Shane, Carlisle and Shiloh out of the front door and away from us all for a very long time.

SHANE’S POV:

A few hours later we were on our way back to the airport with Vanessa. Harley and I sat in the backseat with Shiloh, trying to get our last moments with our daughter before we were forced to leave her forever. I was no Jasper, but I knew that Harley felt just as horrible I did. I stared at my little girl as she innocently played with a toy in her car seat. Every few minutes Harley would glance up at me and would be forced to flash her a brave smile, all the while my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

“Guys…we’re here.” Nessie whispered from the front seat.

I sighed and Harley nodded. “Okay.”

Harley picked up Shiloh as we made our way into the airport. As soon as we made our way to into the area by their terminal, we could smell the Volturi. Nessie hid and we said goodbye to our little girl.

“Shiloh, Mommy loves you more than anything else in the world. You don’t understand why we are doing this now, but hopefully you will someday.” She kissed her forehead and handed her to me, then cried into Vanessa’s shoulder.

I grabbed my baby and held her tight. “Daddy loves you too. I know that you can handle this. I know that you are going to be okay. Even when we are far apart, you will always be on my mind and heart.” I kissed her too and she put her hands on my face.

I handed her to Vanessa and they made their way to their plane. I held Harley close as we watched them go. Their plane took off and suddenly we knew we had to go. Nessie came out and we left the airport. When no one could see us we ran. We ran for hours before finally stopping.

“Nessie you need to go back home now.” Harley said quickly.

Her niece looked at her with sad eyes. “I love you Aunt Leigh.”

They hugged. Then she turned to me. “I will miss you Uncle Shane.” she smiled, as she had been calling me that for years now…even before Harley and I got married.

She sighed, and then turned around, running in the opposite direction. Harley and I glanced at each other and then sped off again. We didn’t know exactly where we were going, but we were doing it alone. Without our niece. Without our daughter. Without our family.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the last chapter. Yes...there will be a third one. It will be co-written by a friend of mine, the one who wrote the chapter "Family Fun Day". I cried while writing this chapter. I hope you like it.