Wolve's Love

Not Human It’s Here

Alex was quickly walking to his last class of the day, Weight Training. ‘Finally, the day is almost over. What a day!’ Alex thought to himself as he walked into the gym and looked around at the people. Basketballs where flying around him like crazy and he really didn’t know where to go for sure. He looked to his left to see a change room. ‘ There we go, some progress’ Alex thought to himself, stepping into the room and quickly getting changed into his gym clothes. Walking out of the change room, he looked at his sheet the women gave him at the beginning of the day. ‘Room 11. Well that must be the weight room.’

As he entered the room, he saw many people already working. He saw many of them were twice his size. He just laughed to himself and thought ‘twice my size but definitely not twice my strength’. But as the cocky thought crossed his mind, he also thought about everyone else who had figured out what he was so far. He couldn’t take things too far or else he may have more new friends, or more new vampires wanting to eat his face.

He sat down and started working his mid section on in inclined seat they had, but as he was about to get to his sixth rep, a familiar voice came from behind him.

“Great. Now we get to see who’s stronger without fighting,” he said in a very cocky voice. Alex quickly jumped off and took a fighting pose, almost certain he was going to have to take a beating at this rate. “Calm yourself down. Out there, I was working. In here is more personal stuff. You stay off my back, I will stay off your tail.” The factor that Alex had just fought with him not 2 hours ago still bugged him, but he tried to let it go. “How about we have a proper introduction. My name is Robbie Piette,” he stated as he held out is hand in a very friendly gesture. This sent Alex back a bit in shock, but he quickly regained his composure.

“Alex…Alex Lycos. And are all the dog jokes really necessary?” Robbie just gave a little smirk and retorted “yes, actually. It rather amuses me.”

As this rather irritating conversation ended, a big, muscular man walked into the room.

“Alright men. I’m Mr. Hadala and I am your weight training teacher for this semester. You men better be ready, it won’t be easy.” As he finished, Robbie murmured under his breath to Alex “for ordinary people, that is”. Mr. Hadala went on. “And to start today, you will run a mile. That’s two laps around the school. I will time you so I may know how your leg muscles are from the start of this class to the finish and how you have improved.” As he lead the class out of the room, Robbie decided to pipe up again with another cocky comment.

“Wow, I might fail this class eh?”

“How?” asked Alex confusedly. Robbie very confidently replied, “because you just can’t improve perfection.”

As they where walking, Alex thought to himself that this Robbie guy is way to overconfident. Why he was acting friendly after he tried to kill him, Alex would never know. As they lined up, ready to run, Robbie took a spot right beside Alex.

“Well, first we see who is faster. This will be fun.” When the teacher said to go, they started off. Alex was not concerned about being faster then Robbie, just the rest of the class. The race started off with Robbie way ahead, then Alex far behind Robbie, with the rest of the class behind him. As Robbie finished his first lap, he sat there and waited for Alex and started running beside him. “Come on, you were way faster earlier. Pick it up!” Alex just kept running and tried to ignore him. “What, are you scared of being caught? Come on, the display in the forest was enough to get you shipped away for good.” Alex was starting to get angry and that’s when Robbie hit the last straw. “Maybe it’s that you’re just slow. You’re just proving that our race is superior,” he said as he sped up. They where halfway around the school when this happened and Alex decided he was not going to let that last remark sit. He started going faster and faster until he caught up with Robbie. As he started to pass Robbie, all Robbie could do was watch as, slowly but surely, Alex started to take the lead.

As Alex passed the finish line, Mr. Hadala could say nothing but “amazing, just amazing. Top three times are 5:05, 5:09, and 5:55. There are some amazing runners in this class.” Alex just laughed and thought to himself ‘I could have cut that time down to a minute if I really wanted to be amazing, and it still wouldn’t be my fastest’. As he thought this Robbie started talking to him again.

“So you’re faster. I already knew that from your speed in the forest. Outrunning me while I’m whipping a tree around is no easy feat,” he said with a chuckle in his voice.

“You really don’t care who knows about you, do you?” Alex retorted. Robbie looked a little confused.

“When did you move to this city, Alex?” Alex just thought for a second.

“About the middle of this summer. Why?” Robbie just laughed.

“That’s why you’re getting into so much shit. You don’t know a thing.” Alex just looked at him in confusion. “This is the mythical capital. If it’s not human, it’s here.”

As they got back in, Mr. Hadala gave them the rest of the day to work on themselves. Alex was not as interested in working out as he was in talking to Robbie.

“So why do you work for him then?” he questioned the broken vampire.

“Because I may call myself invincible, but I do have one weakness, and he knows this.” Alex took one look at Robbie as he was looking down at the ground and knew exactly what he was talking about.

“Look. Love can hurt us all, but it can also be the best thing in the world. I could help you get out of this. Together, we could take this guy down.” Robbie shot up quickly.

“Take this guy out? I don’t need anyone’s help for that. I am scared of the people he has on Nikita. I never know if she is safe or not. He has tried it once and I had to save her.”

“But I thought you said she didn’t know anything, not even that you love her,” Alex quickly replied. Robbie walked over to another workout machine and continued.

“She doesn’t. She didn’t even know she was in danger when I saved her. Alex just smiled.

“Robbie, you’re not such a bad guy after all.”

“Well at the rate your pissing Evan off, we may be fighting again, so don’t get too use to the friendship, please,” Robbie replied.

Just then, the bell rang and they were all off. Alex was off and after he got changed, he was greeted by a nice surprise at his locker. “ Jessica, it is nice to see you again,” he said with a big smile. Jessica just sat there playing with her long brown hair.

“Yeah. I’m sorry. I saw you at your locker this morning. That’s how I knew where it was.” Alex just smiled at the almost stalker-ish comment, but he really didn’t mind that kind of stuff. It showed dedication. “So what are you up to right now?” Jessica questioned.

“Other then going home, nothing.” Jessica smiled and replied, “well Alicia wants to hang out and I was wondering if you would like to come along.” Alex just quickly said “yes, I would love to. Let me text Dave.” He pulled out his phone and started walking with Jessica and typing.

Dave, I’m not going to be home right away. I don’t know when I will be. Successful first day. Going to hang out with two new friends.

Two new friends? Really? Who?

Jessica and Alicia.

Oh, you mean two new girls.

Yes two new girls. What’s the problem?

Nothing. It’s just exactly like you. The first day and you’ve got yourself two new playmates. ;)

Love you too Dave. Don’t wait up for me tonight.

Wow, if you wanted to go that far you could have just brought them here.

Fuck you too Dave. Bye.

Alex just turned off his phone and said to himself “he can handle anything he needs himself. He is just being normal, stupid Dave right now.” As he said this, they stopped at Alicia’s locker.

“You ready to go?” Jessica questioned.

“Yeah Jess, let’s go.”

Alex stepped in. “Yeah, no one told me where we are going.”

“Oh yeah. Alicia, you don’t mind if Alex comes along, do you?” Alicia just smiled and said “no, not at all”. Jessica let out a bit of excitement and shifted on her one foot around to Alex and pointed at him. “Alright you. We are going to the beach. Let’s go!”

A long bus ride later and they made it to the beach with the first step off the bus Alex shouted “I swear to god I hate bus rides!” Jessica just turned to Alex and said “well so do I child, so ssh.” As they walked, they just chatted about their days and told each other stories of their past, mostly Jessica telling Alex.

“Well I have had a lot of shit happen to me. I mean, being raised by a Christian family as a lycan is hard. You have it so easy with your family and Dave.” Alex just put his head down, knowing he wasn’t about to tell his life story to ether of these girls.

“Well yeah, I know. I love Dave and my family.” Jessica just looked at him.

“I wish all guys were like you. I swear Alex, a lot of them are very stupid people. Right Alicia?” Alicia just looked at the ground and quietly agreed, but as this statement was made, Alex heard a very familiar song. It was Life is Beautiful by Sixx:AM. It was Jessica’s phone. She picked it up and started talking.

“Hi mom…no, I don’t know what time it is...But…That’s unfair…” She just let out a sigh and agreed. “Okay, I will be home soon. Bye mom.” She looked very sad as she said “I’m sorry. I’ve got to leave you two be. I’ve got to go home. My mother is very agitated with me right now. I’m sorry guys.” Alex and Alicia said their goodbyes to Jessica and went walking down the beach a little further.

“So you’re not going to leave me here alone ‘cause you got to go home, are you?” Alex asked.

“No, the last place I want to be is home right now,” Alicia replied.

“I’m guessing you don’t want to talk about it.”

“Not exactly.” Alicia had a tint of sadness in her voice as she said this.

“Don’t worry. I won’t force it out of you. If you don’t want to talk, you don’t want to talk.”

“Jessica was right though.”

“About what?”

“About you.”

“What about me?”

“That there needs to be more of you.”

“Trust me, the world is hell with just one of me. Do we need more?”

This comment made Alicia smile a little. “That’s not what I meant. I meant more guys like you.”

“What is so great about me?”

“You’re nice, polite, funny, amazing, everything a girl wants in a guy.”

“If anything, the world needs more girls like you.”

“What!?” This surprised Alicia completely. “How could you say something like that? I’m ugly and worthless and bitchy and…”

Alex just interrupted her. “You are none of those. You are beautiful, nice, fun to be around, I mean, if there were more girls like you, I wouldn’t have relationship problems.”

“You’re delusional,” she replied as she looked at the sand.

“If I am delusional, then I pray to the higher power this delusion doesn’t end.”

Walking down the beach, they found a bunch of rocks that went out into the ocean. “Hey Alex, let’s go swimming.”

“Why not? Looks like fun,” he stated as he took off his shirt and started off into the water after Alicia, who had already gotten her top off and had just went in with the pair of shorts she was wearing.

As Alicia was going deeper, she suddenly stopped and Alex went by. “What’s the matter?” he questioned.

“It’s cold,” she answered with a shiver in her voice.

“Poor muffin. You just have to get use to it.”

“But it’s cold.”

“Just go under.”

“But it’s cold,” she said, repeating herself.

“Go under and it won’t be.”

“But it’s cold!” she said, repeating herself again.

“I will splash you if you don’t.”

“You wouldn’t!” she stated in a very demanding tone.

“Don’t test me.”

“Don’t try me,” she threatened back as she put her hands down into the water, ready to splash back.

“You asked for it,” Alex said as he started throwing water at Alicia. She screamed and that quickly changed to laughter as she started splashing back. By the time they were finished, they were both soaked from head to toe.

“Do you want to go dry off on the pier?” Alicia asked.

“Yeah, let’s go do that,” Alex replied.

They then laid their clothes on the dock to dry and as the went to go sit down, they realized there was only one chair. It was a tanning chair.

“You can sit,” Alex said to Alicia, trying to be polite.

“No, you sit,” Alicia said back.

“No, you’re the lady. You can …”

“Just sit!” Alicia quickly interrupted. So Alex listened and, after he lay back in the chair, Alicia laid on him and put her head down on his chest.

“Well this works too,” Alex stated.

“This works better,” Alicia replied.

Things went quiet between the two until Alicia decided to say something.

“Thanks Alex.”

“Thanks for what?” Alex questioned.

“For today. I needed something fun other then all the stress I’ve been going through.”

“It’s alright. I will be here anytime you need me, okay? Just call. I could probably hear you from anywhere.” Alex was just staring out at the sunset at a loss for words before he said, “ I don’t understand how someone so amazing can think so lowly of themselves.”

“Well when you’ve been told that your whole life, you tend to believe it,” she replied with depression and past scars written all over her voice.

“Who would be crazy enough to say stuff like that about you?”

“Lots of people. My mother and every one I have met between grades 1 to 7.”

“Well those are just bullies. They’re wrong. And your mother, well, I don’t know about her. She is definitely wrong though.”

“I told you that you were amazing,” she said, cuddling into his chest.

“I am an asshole,” he stated quickly.

“So how can you think that?” she said as she looked up at him with wide open eyes. As he looked into her curious eyes, he could swear he saw a sparkle of light in her eyes. They were so beautiful to him, yet he couldn’t understand why no one had seen that sparkle before him.

“Because I just do things sometimes. I don’t know why I do them, I just do. I try to be nice and I try to be calm but things just happen.”

Alicia just sat up there looking into Alex’s dark green eyes. He seemed so determined but so laid back. So loving but so cold. So open but yet so mysterious. Just such a contradicting person. She was almost speechless. It took her what it felt like forever to think up her next words.

“We all make mistakes, whether we be human or not. I mean it really can’t be that bad anyway.”

Alex just stared into her beautiful hazel eyes and could see a twinkle in her eyes as he fought a tear in his. The way her long, fiery red hair blew in the wind with the sunset in the background made him think ‘this is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen’ and he didn’t know what she saw in him. He wanted her, but knew she would hurt him, so with all his power he spit out his next words.

“Trust me. I don’t mean to hurt people. I just do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i apoligze this chapter took forever to finish personal stuff kept me from being able to write but i promise i will start working double time to make up for it

Thanks to Derrick and Jen for cheacking like they do

another huge thank you gos to Jen Derrick and Josh for helping me through my personal things

hope you enjoyed the chapter thanks for reading