I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter one: Kimberly Anne Parks

Kimberly’s pov

Today was the last day I would be staying home. My life had turned upside down a few weeks ago. Now It wasn’t getting any better but worser, if that is even possible.

*Flashback*

School had just ended. I had decided to take the long way home so I can talk to my friends and walk with them. Reaching my house, I noticed odd things there, many cars were parked and I saw out of the ordinary family members there also. Ignoring everything and the lump that formed in my throat I walked into my house. I saw my family all in the visiting room, sitting there. On the sofa that sat two people, sat my parents. My mother was in my fathers arm sobbing and my fave cousin’s mother was trying to sooth my mother. My baby sister sat infornt of them watching them intently. I didn’t like the scene infornt of me. Then I felt a hand be placed on my shoulder. I looked to the side tilting my head up to look at my cousin, Darien. He looked at me before pulling me out of the room and I saw his sister, my other cousin, tiffany nod her head. We stepped outside and I once again faced the cold gust of wild winter wind.

“what’s going on?” I asked without wasting time.

“Kimberly you should sit down” he replied. I sat down following suit to him. ‘he doesn’t use my whole name unless something very bad happened, I don’t like this, I don’t like it at all!’ I thought.

“tell me” I said

“Kim, no matter what do not brake down on us ok”

“I won’t”

“last week remember how we had finical problem in the family?”

“ya, Uncle Peter went crazy with his account or something”

“ya, well your parents had decided to help and signed this document without properly reading” that had hit me like tons of brick.

“he had betrayed them?”

“yes and the law and government didn’t see fit that you and Alex showed with them”

“you mean they think me and Alexandria shouldn’t be with our parents! How can they? Me and her have been with mom and dad for ever!” I was getting close to the brink of tears.

“kimmy cubs” and he embraced me. Held me tightly as he repeated my sweet name in the family.

“What’s going to happen to us?” I asked, managing through the hiccups.

“your sister is assigned to a foster family near by”

“I can see her then”

“there is going to be a problem” he held me tighter now but I still pushed away and looked him in the eyes. Worry in my eyes but none the less I held my ground.

“tell me” I said monotoned.

“you are going down to Seattle”

“Why?” I asked confused.

“The family you’ll be staying with lives there”

“What?!?!” I exclaimed.

“Kim, they are a nice family, they had come visiting and you being there you might be able to get the education and stuff you want and talk about”

“not like this”

“Kim, your going”

“I will not” I replied monotoned.

“yes”

“you can not force me, I have rights”

“Kim don’t argue and listen for once”

“no”

“Kim we are not doing this to get rid of you, we are doing this for you”

“no”

“please?”

“no”

“how about a deal?”

“….”

“You go to there and try it out, a trial, if you don’t like it, you come back.”

“Fine” I knew well that, that would be impossible unless I had a very good reason to report to the law, yet still I took the deal. I was fair and had decided to give them a chance.

*Flash back over*

I reached the doorstep, Natalie and Alice tolled behind me. My parents had allowed them to come over for awhile since I was to leave today. School had been AKWARD today. My teachers were odd, they would randomly praise me, the students would randomly compliment me. It was as if they all knew. As I opened the door I saw my stuff in boxes piled up near the door. Ignoring it, I proceeded to my room or what was my room. I threw my bag at the wall, in my once full bedroom.

“Can’t you stay with us?” Asked Alice.

“NO, I can’t live on my own yet, I have already been assigned to a foster home!”

“how about you live with one of us?” Questioned Natalie.

“Any of your parents want to go to court and argue for my guardian Authorities?” I retorted.

“Hm…true” They said. All day we had discussed of plans.

“KIM” I heard my father call.

“COMIN” I responded, getting up off the floor, looking at the time while doing so. It was 6pm. I would be boarding my flight in one hour. Natalie exited the room first with red eyes from crying. Alice left next still crying. The last to leave the room, my room, was me. I left it without any sign of crying. As I got down the stairs, I saw Natalie’s parents, patiently and quietly waiting for her, Alice’s father was behind the. He gave me a sympathetic look. My face remained emotionless. Natalie and Alice spun around giving me a sandwich hug as I reached the floor.

“We will see you soon” Whispered Natalie. They left with that.

“Your things have been loaded into the van” My mother said, breaking down a little more on each word.

My father placed a hand on her shoulder in support, before exiting. I looked at her before leaving. My mother and I have a weir relationship. The drive to the airport was pretty much silent. My father and I hardly ever talked, you can probably say we have a bad relationship. Two nights ago my parents filled me in on the family I would be staying with . They seemed nice, they had a large family. I was ok with everything in that family except for a few facts that contradicted me. Other then the main reason, the one that really bothered me was the “would I fit in” factor. Usually I could careless about the factor, but the people I would be staying with are… to put it blunt : rich.

“we’re here” My father announced, interrupting my thoughts.

‘ok” I said getting out and started helping in loading my things to a trolley.

I still hadn’t let out any type of feeling. I walked behind my dad in a daze. He abruptly stopped walking. Luckily I had been taught weird things and read that, stopping in time. I peered over his shoulder and saw a security guard. ‘Time to go’ I thought. My dad moved away, nodded his head once and turned around and left. I watched his back till he disappeared. I turned around. The security guard had the trolley and gave a small understanding smile. I looked at him without giving anything off. He sighed and stretches a hand out towards me.

“My name is Sean, Sean Amuzu. What’s yours?” he questioned with a measured happiness/excitement in his voice. He sounded fake nether less, I took his hand and shook it.

“My name is Kimberly Anne Parks, it’s a pleasure to met you Sean, but I would like it if you didn’t sound so fake” I told him. A grin broke out on his face. He chuckled.

“Here I thought I would be dealing with a brat”. I smiled at the comment.

“follow me, I’ll be your guide till it’s said I’m not” I nodded my head and followed Sean into the terminal.

Sean’s POV

I had arrived a few hours before needed. I had my security guard outfit on. I was the Greylin main chief of staff. I’ve been with them since I was born. I was here to pick up a girl, who was supposedly a foster child. But she won’t be treated as such. She would be treated how she should be, by my lady’s word. Apparently the girl is the daughter of her friends, so she is to be treated like her kids with different whatever the word is. This girl’s family was in trouble so my lady asked my lord to help. ‘Tch, this girl will be snobby and all, she’ll try to be so fake, she won’t even have manners I bet! A middle class, she’ll spend tons!’ I thought as I remembered the quarrel on this girl and her coming there to stay with them. My lord wasn’t happy at ALL! He didn’t want this girl here, because she was middle class, 15, and what they weren’t. She would ruin them! I agreed with him, but my lady was extremely protective and stubborn.

My negative thoughts of the girl broke up, when I saw a man about my height , mind you I am 7ft4”, walking over towards my direction. My lady had shown pictures so I would be ready, but she hadn’t shown me a picture of the girl. The man about my height was the girl’s father. I quickly saw what the lord hated about this man. As he came closer, he abruptly stopped. My face looked empty of emotions. As I inspected him closely, I noticed something was behind him. I wouldn’t have noticed if this ‘thing’ wasn’t peering from behind his shoulder at me. The man moved away, revealing a girl who was almost 6ft. She displayed no emotion. She looked at the man. He nodded his head before turning and walking away. The girl watched him. That’s when it clicked, she was the girl who was to stay with the Greylin’s. I studied her. She wasn’t dressed to impress as I thought she would be. She wore something acceptable and revealing less. She had long black hair, blackish blue hair. ‘she must work out, she has a good slender body, how interesting, or maybe she does something stupid that teens do these days’ I thought. ‘I bet she’ll changes out of those cloth as soon as her father disappears’. I walked over to the trolley and continued inspecting her, waiting for her attention so I can began the stupid fake act. ‘I bet she’ll be like “ I am a princess” acting bitch when I began my act”. When she turned around. I saw hints of sadness and pain. I couldn’t but help give her a small smile of understanding. She gave nothing off. I sighed and stretched my hand out towards her. She took it. For her age, she had very firm grip.

“My name’s Sean, Sean Amuzu. What’s yours?” ‘Here comes the manner less Rude words’

“My name is Kimberly Anne Parks, it’s a pleasure to meet you Sean, but I would like it , if you don’t sound so fake”. I was taken aback but I didn’t show, instead a grin broke out on my face. ‘Not what I was expecting at all’ Subconsciously I let out a laugh.

“Here, I thought I would be dealing with a brat” She smiled warningly. At that point my opinion of the girl had changed and I saw why my lady wanted her there. The girl had a kind heart, but something about her was off.

“Fallow me, I’ll be your guide till it’s said I’m not” I said while walking towards the port. She nodded, following into the terminal.

When she found out it was us 2 and 2 pilots on flight she raised an brow and chuckled. I was curious as to why she chuckled, but waited till she settled down. I sat beside her. She had taken the window seat. We still had 2 hours before leaving the Canadian port. She watched out the Window for a few minutes before turning towards me.

“Sean?”

“Yes”

“What’s bothering you?” That had taken me really back and it showed.

“What makes you think that something is bothering me?” I questioned back.

“Well, because your eyes held curiosity and attentively stare-studied me”

“Oh.. well.. I wanted to know why you chuckled” I said sheepishly. She smiled kindly before answering.

“I chuckled, because the moment reminded me of something” Her face dropped a little, but her smile stayed in place.

“Ah” I said.

“Hey Sean?”

“Hm?”

“Can I ask you a bunch of questions?” I mock raised my eyebrow.

“if I can as well” I said. We both erupted into laughter. Right now little by little, I was understanding why my lady wanted to help this girl. But I wonder how this girl would deal with the truth about my masters.

Kim’s Pov

Time had passed quickly. I had learned a lot about Sean. He was an interesting person and kind. I saw him like he was an older brother. We were on our way to the Greylins in a black Convertible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this chapter one, i hope you liked it, i hopefully have more up soon. This my first actual non fan fic story. For any spelling errors, my apology. I edit it on my own so their might be alot of mistakes. But i hope you enjoy, hope to have chapter 2 up today.