I Arranged My Own Marriage

Chapter 11: The ball

Brandon’s pov

After Kim had left everyone went on their own ways to do whatever business they had before lunch. I felt like I need to figure something out, figure Kim out. I felt left out on her, most of the family did. She seemed like an ok girl, but something wasn’t right. I wanted to know everything from Kim to josh to Dorelle. It amazes me to know that Kim has yet to know the truth of the super naturals. My father still owed me that conversation, what will he do if Kim finds out? She doesn’t seem like the hellion type and from what I know she has a brain, which isn’t good for us. ‘At least she won’t be hell for us’ I thought.

“Hey Cass, give me a moment, I got to talk to me dad” I told her. She nodded her head.

“I’ll spend time in your room” she told me, purring. It made me eager to go with her, but I resisted, I had good control on that. She walked off, and I zoomed off to my father’s room. I was about to knock, when I heard them talk.

“Charls, are you mad!! You have a human in your house and still intend to go with the idea?” questioned an outraged Shanise.

“ I agree with her Charls, you are putting her in danger, in turn us.” said my mother.

“ Nothing will happen to her, this arty is invite only, we will put in a special note about coming and staying in human appearance, we’ll introduce Kim, and done. We can have our own matters done with and get Kim introduced to half the noble families in our realm, and so she would be protected.” I heard my father argue confidently.

“Ladies and gent, I think it’s in our interest to know this conversation is no longer private.” I heard Mr. Orvious say. Right then I walked in.

“My apologize, I was going to knock and come in, but froze when I heard Shanise voice in an outraged tone. My father merely nodded.

“Now son, may I know why you’re here?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“Ya, I wanted us to continue on our conversation on Kim” I told him. I saw acknowledgement flicker across his face.

“you mean our that conversation, yes yes, what would you like to know?” he asked me.

“Dad, what are you planning to do, if Kim does find out?” I asked him.

“we are so all wondering that” said my mother.

“having thought about, I decided on a few things, but I think I should actually worry about when it happens and what kind of situation it is.” He said with a smile. I couldn’t believe it, had my father gone insane. I didn’t argue for I saw something in his eyes that told me not too.

“Alright, what if one, of us harmed her?” I shot back.

“That I have thought of, it would depend on the situation, I have a range of thoughts on how to deal with it depending upon situation.” he told me. I was satisfied with this. Although some replies still bothered me, I didn’t give it much thought, but this new piece of words I got, was going to be a hot topic to discuss. On my way to my room, I asked quite a number of people meet up at Damien’s room. These people included Eric, Dorelle, Jeffrey, Trixy, and Sean. I was going to find Josh, when I thought better of it. Afterwards, I went to my room and opened the door, Cassy was on my bed.

“hey, Cass, come with me, I wanna tell you something” I told her. She smiled, got up and walked into my open arms. We zoomed off. I dropped us infornt of my brothers door and she knocked. He opened the door and let us in. We settled into the love seat.

“So are you going to tell us, why you have called this meeting, my young brother” he asked irritated. I smirked at him, making his annoyance grow a bit.

“I hear that we have a ball coming up” I said.

“ARGH! We are not inviting our school again!” Trixy said.

“Nope, only the supernatural” I said, holding Cassy. Cassy instantly knew it would mean they can go together. Everyone was happy.

“Wait, what about Kim?” asked my overly smart brother, Damien.

“The rents are discussing that right now” I told them. It had hit everyone when he said that. Everyone thought of one thing, great, we might not enjoy ourselves, we might have to protect the human. Not everyone thought that, only some, others thought of something along that line. After that semi-pause, everyone returned to the topic of the ball, what to do, and e.t.c.

***

Time had passed and it was lunch time. The bell rang. Everyone was in casual wear. As everyone descended and made way to the dining room, I noticed, josh and Kim sat across from each other on the far end of the table, they would be away from all the conversation that circulates, but no one else but Eric noticed. Josh was staring straight at Kim and Kim was reading a book. I knew something had happened between the two, but dismissed the thought, these two wouldn’t do anything bad. Everyone sat. We all ate chatting away. Lunch today was supposedly small, because well simply put, we are eating it late. This is how our chief punishes us. I hoped she did something for Kim, because Kim was human after all. I had one hand up on the table toying with my fork, the other under the table with Cassy’s. My brother usually found this revolting, but he wasn’t focusing on his food even. He was looking down the table. I noticed that although most of the people at the table, were still chatting, were slowly turning their focus down the table. So did I. Kim and josh were already on their last plate of the lunch meal. Once done they just got up and parted ways after nodding heads at each other, and left without saying anything to any of us. The feeling I got when I saw them earlier had come and this time I didn’t dismiss it.

“My lord?” called one of the servants. It was the same one who had found Kim this morning and the one who served her, her food.

“Yes”

“Um..sir.. I don’t mean to be and nuisance, but sir those two had a huge row, and it was not normal, I mean lord Joshua was, but the lady she didn’t seem…” He tried getting the right word.

“human?” asked Dorelle.

“Yes” said the servant.

“Of course, with current events, it would be like that and hearing about the ball will not make her feel any better with what Joshua has said to her”.

“you talk as if you were there” emphasized Eric.

“I know them well enough, to know what happened” she hissed getting up.
♠ ♠ ♠
meeeing meing meing meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing