Billie's Inspiration

Strawberries and Cream

“That was…I can’t explain it,” said Amelie. She’d just been reading some of Billie’s work and couldn’t believe what she’d read, “amazing Billie.”

“I’m not sure, it all came flooding out of me last night. Do you think its OK?” He said. They were sitting on the sofa, she’d sat down to read his words while he’d made the coffees and had come and sat right next to her, leaning over her as she read. Usually she’d have hated anyone leaning over her but this was different. This was Billie and she liked him sitting right beside her.

“Billie,” she said turning to look at him, “its great and anyone that doesn’t think so needs their head testing. The words are great, the title, Jesus of Suburbia, its…its just perfect. Tre and Mike will be so pleased when they read it, I bet you can’t wait to show them.”

“I’m not so sure, I’m a little nervous about showing them, they said some stuff about my work a while back and ever since then I suppose I’ve been a little insecure about it.”

“That’s stupid, they’ll love it, they have to. They can’t not.” She said and his words were fantastic, written from the heart and very impressive.

“Thanks.” He said.

“What for?” She asked.

Billie sighed.

“I’m not sure for…for not being too judgemental…for being supportive when I’ve got no one else…for…for being around. Thanks.” He said sincerely. He’d grown fond of Amelie, she’d helped him so much by just being around for him to bounce a few ideas off of, she’d gone through some shit in the past and he wondered what would happen to her after he’d gone home. She deserved to be happy.

Amelie blushed, “you don’t have to thank me, I’ve enjoyed reading your work. I feel honoured.”

Then something made her take his hand and she squeezed it, it was warm and firm. Just a friendly squeeze but something she just felt the need to do. Suddenly he turned his hand and held onto her, bringing it up to his heart shaped lips and kissed it, lightly, gentlemanly and it made her feel warm and tingly inside. He was looking at her, looking at her differently from the way he’d looked at her before and it caused her heart to race and her breathing to quicken.

She giggled and he put a finger to her lips, tracing the outline of her lips. She was mesmerized as she stared straight into his eyes.

Nothing else mattered at that moment, the pages of Billie’s song forgotten.

Adrienne was forgotten.

It was just the two of them in the dimly lit room, looking at each other and Billie still tracing a pattern with his finger on her lips.

His finger left her lips moving gently along her cheek, she hardly felt it but knew it was there, delicately brushing against her skin, all the while looking deep into her eyes, then his hand went to the back of her neck, gently holding on to her and gently pulling her towards him until their lips met. His lips were warm and sweet and he tasted of wine and that was the last thought as she melted against him, letting him know how she really felt, letting him know that it would be OK, if he wanted to then so did she.

She couldn’t believe this was happening, as he stood up, held his hand out to her. She took it; he pulled her up and led her off to the bedroom.

They didn’t speak, they didn’t need to as he turned her around and unzipped her dress, easing it off her shoulders and letting it drop to the floor. She stepped out of it as he unhooked her bra, removing that too then turning her to face him.

It had been ages since she’d felt like this, since she’d wanted anyone, since she’d been with anyone but this felt right, she knew it was wrong but it still felt right.

She unbuttoned his shirt and gasped slightly as she took it off him and saw his tattoos, she’d never been with anyone like this guy standing right in front of her, this punk, this tattooed punk, this rock singer with attitude and it was a great feeling.

Billie knew what to do of course, he was experienced, she not so. Joe and her hadn’t been that good in bed together, their relationship didn’t survive on having lots of sex, occasionally it was OK but this, being with Billie had made her realise what she’d been missing out on and as he made love to her in such an expert manner, as he held her, stroked her and kissed her gently she knew she’d never experience anything like it again.

”You taste of strawberries and cream,” Billie said, breathing heavily as he kissed her shoulder, causing her body to arch against his even more, causing her to cry out with the feelings that were erupting in her body.

Afterwards as they lay together, limbs damp and intertwined she felt a tear escape her eye for that had been a beautiful experience and she’d become emotional.

Billie took his thumb and wiped her tear away.

“Are you OK?” he asked as he held her close.

“I’m just fine,” she said.

He fell asleep first, his breathing laboured, then she knew it was safe to speak. ”I love you,” Amelie whispered to him knowing that he couldn’t hear, she didn’t want him to hear, it would have been a hopeless situation but she had to say those words while he was lying next to her even though he’d never hear them.

It was 4am when she woke, feeling chilly.

“Hey, you OK?” said Billie as he felt Amelie stir against him.

“I’m a little cold, listen Billie, I’m going to slip back home for the rest of the night. You don’t mind do you?” She said to him.

“Of course I don’t mind, I’ll see you tomorrow sweetheart, yeah,” he mumbled half asleep as Amelie left the bedroom.

She dressed quickly then noticed his work on the sofa; his song words just where she’d left them. Grabbing a pencil she went to the papers and wrote something down, something she felt she had to do and hopefully, when Billie read those words he would understand.

She slipped back to her apartment, knowing with sadness in her heart that she’d never see him again.