We Came Alone but Left Together

Hold On To Your Kite

Walking around warped was like walking through New York City; busy and never ending. I was scared, too; I only really knew Forever the Sickest Kids. Obviously I was acquainted with several other bands, but I didn’t have any outside of the band friends.

I walked back to the bus, to find Kent asleep in the lounge. He looked 12 years old, all curled up in a ball. I smiled and walked past him to the bunks. I grabbed some cooler clothes; sitting in the sun, wearing jeans, was simply the most ridiculous idea I had ever had. I pulled the clothes on, smiling at the cool relief I felt. I grabbed as many accessories as would fit onto me.

I stepped off the bus, shielding my eyes. I'd forgotten about sunglasses and started walking back towards the merch area. There I saw Alyssa and Kyle sitting at merch, and Alyssa was wearing the most amusing tee-shirt I had seen in while. I smiled and saw how cute she and Kyle looked together, so I decided not to ruin the moment. I walked around merch tents, shielding my eyes, when I bumped someone with my shoulder.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” I said, hearing my accent and cringing. The person I had bumped into was a guy, with red hair and big eyes; he smiled at me and shook his head.

“You’d see better if you wore some sunglasses.”

I sighed. “Well done captain wow,” I said lowly.

The guy smiled and rolled his eyes. “British fans,” he muttered, walking away. I was angry with this man, whoever he was.

“I’m not a fan. Well not of you, whoever you are!” I called after him, and he turned around.

“Well, then your parents must be really rich, and sent you over here with an all access pass,” he said, gesturing towards the pass hanging from the side of my skirt. I scowled, and flipped him off.

“I’m here with Forever the Sickest Kids, so S-T-F-U,” I said, saying the letters extra loud. He laughed and looked at me incredulously.

“You’re like 15? Seriously, shouldn’t you be in school?” he asked me, rudely, and stepped closer to me.

“I’m actually 17. Close to 18. And you have a serious problem, if you think you can generalise me like that,” I said, scowling the whole time.

“Whatever. As if you’re with Forever the Sickest Kids. They're a big band, they wouldn’t bring little girls on tour with them,” he said unkindly.

“You’re an arsehole. And evidently, red isn’t your real hair colour, love,” I said, walking away from him, smirking to myself.

I arrived at thelove den merch tent that Kyle and Alyssa were currently occupying. I smiled at them, as another girl walked up to the merch tent. She was dressed in a bright yellow outfit. She smiled at me politely; she had a cute smile.

“Sophii! This is Manda Panda Poo, David’s girlfriend. And Manda, this is Sophii. She’s my friend, and she won the F.T.S.K. competition, too. We're married,” Alyssa said proudly. I laughed and nodded.

“Yeah, hi Mandie. It’s nice to meet you,” I said, holding my hand out. She took, and shook my hand gently. I smiled, and pushed my hair back.

“Okay, I’m gonna split, find Caleb or something,” I said, unsure of what I was going to do.

I walked past a group of teenage girls screaming over Alex Gaskarth; I smiled at the scene, and walked up to a stage, where a band was tidying up after their set. I looked up at the band and that’s when I realised who it was.

“Hey, are you looking for someone?” he said to me. I shook my head, with my eyes wide.

It was Alex DeLeon. I had butterflies, and I could feel a smiled forming on my face.

“Then what’s up?” he asked kindly. I shrugged, internally kicking my own arse for not speaking.

“Oh, I’m just really bored. Being here with F.T.S.K. is overrated,” I said, trying not to wince at my accent. He smiled and nodded.

“Austin was over here, earlier, telling us that he had a precious and a jewel. So are you precious or jewel?” he asked, as I melted.

“Precious, but you can call me Sophii,” I said smiling, my sudden burst of confidence making me light headed. He smiled and winked at me.

“I've finished putting my stuff away, want to hang out for a bit?” he asked. I was screaming at myself inside; I felt like a fan girl, whose dreams were coming true.

I nodded, thinking anything else would be over eager. He smiled and walked down the steps to me, and he smiled broadly, as we went to find a Starbucks.

We sat down at a booth in Starbucks, when we found one, and Alex smiled. “Okay, so I'm Alex,” he said, smiling broadly.

I nodded. “I knew that! I mean, doesn’t everyone?” I said, letting the reigns on the fan girl in my brain.

“Don’t make my ego any bigger. What do you want?” he asked, pointing to the counter. I looked at him, in panic.

“I didn’t bring a purse with me. Want to go back to get it?” I asked, starting to stand up, as he grasped my shoulder, and gently pushed me back down.

“It’s on me, precious,” he said, nodding slightly.

“Oh, then a small Caramel Frappuccino please,” I said cutely.

He nodded, and walked to the counter. I looked at my phone; I had 3 messages. One from Alyssa, asking what I was up to, one from Caleb, asking me where his dance partner was, and the last one from Jonathan, asking me to hang out after their 8 pm set. I quickly texted Jonathan back, saying I would, as Alex shouted, “Rawr!” which made me drop my phone.

“You scared me!” I said, my heart doing back flips.

“Couldn’t resist,” he said, handing me a large Frappuccino and sitting down with a large Cappuccino. I looked at my drink, and narrowed my eyes.

“You paid for a large?” I asked, feeling like my insides were mush.

“Well, anything for a pretty face,” he said, trying to sound like a player. I laughed and shook my head. “Tell me, baby, do you come around here often?” he said, making me laugh loudly.

“Well, I'll come here more often if you’re here, baby,” I said, playing along, moving the straw around in my drink, trying to be suggestive. He laughed and nodded, winking at me. “So, how has your day been, sleaze ball?” I asked, ignoring my accent. He laughed and threw a screwed up napkin at me. I pulled a face of mock disgust. “You animal!” I said, sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed and shrugged.

Alex and I sat in Starbucks for almost an hour, when I remembered my phone was on the floor. I had 2 missed calls from Jonathan, and a message. It read; Soph! Don’t ignore my calls. What time will you be back?

I smiled and didn’t text back, as Alex stole the phone from my hand. He typed something in, and handed it back to me. I smiled and we left Starbucks. Walking back to the buses, Alex encountered some fans, who asked for pictures and autographs.

“Alex, is that your girlfriend?” one of the girls asked, her New York accent seeping out of her mouth. I widened my eyes.

“What do you think?” he asked the girls, and they giggled and nodded.

“I think she’s too pretty for you,” said Caleb, running up behind me and spinning me around. I giggled, and squeezed my eyes shut.

“Put me down!” I said, trying not to scream, as Caleb held me bridal style. I jumped from his arms and landed on the ground, my legs wobbly from spinning. "Now, what do you want?” I asked, pretending to be annoyed.

“Jonathan sent me to find you, as you stood him up,” he said, pettily. I rolled my eyes.

“That’s my fault,” Alex said, putting his arm around my shoulders. “I kidnapped her. It’s the skirt,” he said, smiling goofily at me, I shook my head and laughed.

“I gotta go. See you around?” I asked Alex. He nodded and hugged me. The butterflies in my stomach were more like armies of hardcore moths. I pulled away and smiled. I could still smell his cologne.

“Let's go, Jonathan might cry, and not speak to you anymore,” Caleb said, pulling my wrist. I waved at Alex, and walked back with Caleb, the smell of Alex’s cologne lingering.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh yeah.,
Image
sexy man.
hahaha!
--Sophiiiinder, Loves Alyssa.