I Only Think Of You Always And Forever

Chapter Seven

They laid me on a different bed. It was much more comfortable then the first. Trace was next to me. I had my head on hid shoulder. I’m so fucking exhausted. The door opened and two nurses wheeled in a clear plastic crib thing. As they got closer to Trace and I they announced;
“Congratulations! What will you be naming him?” They both asked.
“His name is-” Trace stopped me.
“Can we think about it again?” He asked. I nodded. They nurse carefully picked up a bundle from the crib and I waited for it to reach my arms. As soon as it did I truly felt complete. Trace out his arms around me. The nurse snapped a picture of us.
“You’ll want it for later.” She said. The other now spoke:
“Would you like me to bring in any friends or family?”
“My parents, her parents, Kara, Mason, Miley, Brandi, Tory, just bring them all. Maybe four at a time starting with our parents, then Kara and Mason, After them our siblings, and after that our friends.” Trace told her. I was rocking the small child. I didn’t want to give him up, but I offered him to Trace. As soon as the baby reached his arms it started crying. Trace gave it back to me. “I don’t think it likes me.”
“Nonsense he likes you just find. Now, for the name. What where you thinking?”
“I just wanted you to think about it before we chose?”
“Crimson Sage Cyrus, I like that one, do you?”
“I like it if you do. So is that what you want?”
“Yes I like it a lot and I think he makes a good Crimson.” The door to our room opened. The first person through it was Tish next came my mom, then came Billy Ray. They all where smiling, but I saw right through my mom’s. Something was wrong, but I won’t ask.
“Aw…” Tish started. Every body was looking at us. “Don’t they all just make a cute little family?”
“They do! So you what did you two name Him? He’s so small.” My mom replied.
“Yea, he’s Crimson Sage Cyrus. He’s like three months premature, mom.” I said. “Tish was the closest to me. “Tish, want to hold him?” She held out her arms and I handed her Crimson. She cooed at him.
“He looks kind of like Kelsey, but only a bit like Trace. Billy Ray do you want to hold him?” She offered.
“Sure.” He replied taking the child. “I’m to young to be a grandpa.” He stated.
“I’m to young to be a dad.” Trace said sarcastically.
“Have you held him yet Trace?” Mom asked.
“Well for a second, but he started crying so I gave him back to Kelsey.” Trace answered. Our parents laughed.
“It’s cause you where scared.” Tish explained patting Trace on the shoulder. “They can sense it. It won’t be like this when your used to it.” Sometime while Tish was talking my mom had received Crimson. She handed him back to me.
“Honey, I’ve got to go. I have to get back to California.” Mom kissed my head and went to the other side of the bed and hugged Trace. Then left the room. Tish and Billy Ray then followed out so someone else could get their turn. I offered Trace Crimson again. He tried, but failed, Kara and Mason came in and both hugged me.
“Aw… Tyler is so small.” Kara cooed.
“He’s not Tyler. We changed our minds. He’s Crimson Sage.” I told them.
“That’s a bad ass name!” Mason commented.
“Thanks, Mason. Kara do you want to hold him?” I asked. She took him in her arms.
“Mason the baby is scared of me.” Trace stated. Mason laughed loudly. Kara offered Mason the baby. He declined and told her they should let the next group come in. As they went out a paged a nurse and told her not to send any one else in. I was tired and Crimson was hungry I guess. A nurse came into the room.
“Mr. and Mrs. Cyrus.” The nurse started, but was cut of by us laughing. She got confused.
“I’m not Mrs. Cyrus. At least not for a couple more months.” I told her. “You can call us by our first names.”
“Okay, Trace and Kelsey. We have some paperwork for you.” I groaned.
“Really I get to fill out most of it.” The nurse said. “I’m Rosie your RN.” She was slightly elderly, the grandmother type.
“Oh hey.” Trace greeted. Rosie sat on a chair by the bed.
“What is his full name?” She asked waiting to write it on a official looking document.
“Crimson Sage Cyrus.” I answered as I rocked him. She got up and handed me a bottle. I sat there pretty clueless. She put it in Crimson’s mouth and told me how to hold it.
“Your full name Kelsey?”
“Kelsey Lynn Bane.”
“State of Birth?”
“Mine?”
“Yes.”
“California.” The questions went on and on.
♠ ♠ ♠
No comments = no updates.