Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

First day of school

I woke up to a bitter morning. It just reminded me of the horrible change that just had popped up on me.

Why did my family have to break apart like it did? Why was I living with my horrible father and new step-mother?

I shuddered. I couldn't stand the thought of her, let alone looking or talking to her. She was like a demon in my home, always having something up her sleeve.

I ruffled my hair up a bit. My dark brown hair was sprawled all over my face and neck. I never liked to put my hair up, no matter what.

I took a quick shower, just to get my hair in order. Water always seemed to calm it down a little at least.

I got dressed in a white Metallica shirt and some black skinny jeans. I shoved my black Chucks on. I applied some eyeliner, and I was officially done with my outfit.

I walked downstairs, and I mentally puked. There was the 'perfect' family. My dad was sipping coffee, while he was reading the newspaper. There was my step-mother making pancakes and eggs. My twin sister, Emily was helping my step-mother to make breakfast.

My dad had short black hair and emerald green eyes.. He was a fairly attractive man, and he was a very serious business man. He even had the look of one.

He was wearing a white dress shirt that was buttoned up, completed with a plain boring black tie around his neck. He had some tan slacks on, and I could see his shiny dress shoes from under the table.

My step-mother had short blond curls that went down to her chin. Her blue eyes were glistening in the sunlight. She was most definitely one of the worst people to ever walk the planet.

She had a white sundress on. The sundress had cherries all of it, and she had an apron over her dress. She had red shoes on to complete the whole cherry look.

Emily, my twin sister was the perfect twin. Her blond straight hair and green eyes made her look so perfect. She was practically perfect though.

Emily had a nice blue shirt on that was neither too tight or too loose on her. She had a fairly boring pair of jeans on her. She had her white and black Chucks on though.

I had long curly dark brown hair and brown eyes. How I was born into this family, I didn't even know. Everyone else seemed to have some spectacular appearance, and I was left in the dark.

I walked over to the kitchen table. I was already getting ready for what my dad and step-mom would choose to say to me. I was sure that they were already coming up with many insults to shoot my way.

"Good morning, Emma." Emily said smiling.

I just nodded at her.

I didn't hate her as much as I did my father and his wife. Actually, I didn't hate my sister at all. I loved her quite a lot. She was my twin after all. She was my other half.

She was only trying to please the folks. She was still in the phase all children go through; they just want their parents to love them. They want them to show them off, to love them. I went through the phase with Emily, but I ended the phase in the sixth grade.

I guess, it was a good thing for Emily, considering I used to always beat her in everything. I gave up, and now she holds all the attention. Personally, I don't want it.

"You could've chose something else to wear, Emma." Tania said.

I could see what she meant to say in her eyes. It was as clear as the red lipstick that was on her lips.

"You look horrible, you damn emo kid."

That's what she wanted to say. I was just surprised that she just didn't say it right out to me. It didn't seem like it was a hard thing for her to do, insult others.

"True, it is the first day of school," my father said finally looking up from his newspaper.

I could tell what he was trying to say as well. My dad was just as bad as Tania was. He was dispicable.

"Try to be more like Emily."

"I'll dress how I please," I said taking a drink of water.

I looked over to Emily, who just shrugged her shoulders. She never liked to get caught in between any of the bitter words said between the parentals and myself. She never did like to choose sides.

I got up, and started walking to the door.

"Don't you want a ride to school?" Tania asked me. "No," I said harshly as I walked through the door.

She was just trying to get me stuck with her for another moment or two. That would be Hell. Any amount of time I was with her would be Hell.

Why was I here? Because my stupid ass of a father. It was all his fault. He was the one who decided to move out of Texas, dragging Emily and I with him.

I walked to school, even though it was freezing. I should've brought a coat, at least. I still wasn't used to this weird California weather.

I thought it was suppose to be warm. At least, that's how it was perceived on TV.

The school was fairly empty, and it didn't matter to me whatsoever. I just turned my CD player on, and I listened to Pantera until I saw Emily get dropped off.

"Let's go." She said smiling. She was wearing a pink shirt now.

We looked like complete opposites as we walked together. We headed for the office, looking for our schedules.

"Emily and Emma Edwards," Emily said smiling to the secretary.

Emily could always charm everyone around her. It was one of her many gifts. It helped me out in many situations, believe it or not. She was good.

The secretary smiled at Emily, but her smile faded as she looked at me. I wanted to flip her off, but I held it in.

I didn't want my dad getting angry at me for something I did wrong on the first day of school at least.

She handed Emily our schedules.

We walked out as Emily compared our schedules.

"Darn, no classes together." She said sighing.

The only bad thing was that she was being genuine. She wasn't as bad as she seemed. Sure, she was the perfect child that got me in trouble, but she wasn't intentionally doing it.

I was actually that we would have some classes together. I was never one to be good at making new friends. I was sure that I wouldn't have any friends for months now.

I grabbed my schedule, as the bell rang.

I headed for my first class, looking at the school map the whole time. This school was huge, and I honestly didn't want to get lost.

English was my first class with a teacher named Mr. Romero.

I entered the room, to see him waiting for me.

"Hello, Emma." he said casually.

He had long black hair that was tied up into a ponytail. He had a messy red shirt on. His jeans were quite baggy on him.

"Hey," I mumbled. "I'm not gonna have you introduce yourself. Not if you don't want to," he said smiling.

I guess I was going to like this teacher very much now.

"Thanks," I mumbled. "You can sit anywhere," he said pointing to all the empty seats.

I guess everyone liked to be late to class. There was no one in the room, besides Mr. Romero and myself.

I sat down in the very back seat, hoping no one would notice the new kid in town.

In fact, it actually worked. Everyone was too into the debate over a book they read. I just sat there and wondered if they actually expected me to debate along with them in the future.

The bell rang, before I had come to a conclusion.

I had Physics next, and I wasn't looking forward to it. I had it with a teacher named Ms. Wolf.

The class was pretty interesting actually. She was pretty much like a hippie, and her class was pretty much the same as the first, just with different topics.

This school was pretty damn boring.

I had Pre-Cal next with a teacher named Ms. K.

Her name was so long that I decided to call her that. No need to butcher anyone's name.

She had to be the most annoying teacher ever. The only good thing about her was that she didn't make me introduce myself.

In fact, none of my teachers made me introduce myself, and no one noticed me at lunch time.

This was a dream come true. No one was going to bother me whatsoever.

The day went by, and I was content with how it went. I was only hoping for more people to be like me. I noticed no one around me, who could be potentially interesting.

I walked home in a hurry. I didn't want to be caught wandering around like some lost puppy or something. I just wanted to be in my room, my comfort zone.

I ran up to my room, just to be called down by Tania.

"How was your first day?" She asked me.

She was only acting like she cared so she could insult me later.

"Great," I mumbled.

I was glaring at her, but she continued to have her red lips smile at me. She disgusted me in so many ways.

"Emily already so many friends. How many did you make?" She asked with a fake smile. "Hundreds," I said smirking.

She rolled her eyes as she walked away.

"Bitch," I mumbled going back in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zacky will not be in the story for a while. Maybe one or two chapters or so. So don't hate me for it.