Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Movies and Games

The alcohol tasted bitter, that was the only word I could describe it as. And I absolutely loved it.

I looked over to Emily, who had a confused look on her face.

"It's okay," she said finally. "You don't have to drink the rest," I said.

She nodded.

"I'll drink at least half," she said smiling.

I nodded.

"Me too," I said.

That's when I finally noticed that the guys were still staring at us.

"It's just okay?" Jimmy asked over-dramatic. "Okay," I said.

I took another gulp, Emily doing the same. Brian walked over to me.

"You don't have to drink it at all, let alone half." He said. "I'm okay. I know my own limit," I said.

I looked over to Emily, who was handing Johnny the rest of her beer.

"Do you want any more?" He asked.

I shook my head, and he took the beer from my hand. It was my first time drinking, and I didn't want to end up drunk.

"Let's watch a movie!" Jimmy said excitedly. "Okay, but which one?" I asked. "A horror?" Emily asked.

I shuddered.

"No," I said quickly. "Why not?" Matt asked. "I'm way too jumpy for horror movies." I said. "It's okay. I got your back," Brian said hugging me. "Fine," I muttered.

Everyone cheered. I guess I was the only one who hated them.

We all sat down anywhere we could. Brian, Zacky, and I were on the couch. I was stuck in the middle, but I only thought it was for the better.

If I had two guys surrounding me, then the evil murderous villians wouldn't go after me, right? That's what my logic was telling me at least.

I didn't know what the movie was, but I found it to be incredibly stupid.

The murderer was cliche, and the girls were wearing what no girl would ever wear. As of now, the whore on the movie was running away. Sure enough, her breasts were bouncing up and down.

I saw all of the guys' faces light up.

The only one attempting to look away was Johnny. No doubt he was trying to look good for Emily.

Emily looked over to him.

They were laying down in front of the TV together. She stared at him, seeing his eyes were focused on the ground.

Emily lifted his chin up with her finger. She said something to him, with a grin on her lips.

He just smiled at her.

He was quite innocent. I could see that now. Emily was obviously the one trying to make the first move. She was flirting with him, hitting his arm every now and then.

That's when it happened.

Emily kissed Johnny.

Soon Matt and Jimmy were yelling at them, telling them to get a room. Johnny just yelled at them back.

The look he gave my sister was indescribable. He really did like her. It was the look most five year-olds had, when they opened their Christmas presents.

I looked back up to the TV.

The murdered had just caught the girl. He brought his knife up, and soon scary music was playing. Soon a thunder had cracked, and I jumped.

I could hear Brian and Zacky snickering at me.

"Shut up," I whispered harshly.

A scream came from the TV, which caused me to jump.

This time I grabbed the closest thing to me. I hugged it tightly, digging my head into it.

"You sure you wouldn't be more comfortable with your boyfriend?" A voice said quietly.

I looked up to see a smiling Zacky.

"Oh, right." I said getting off of him.

That was the first time Zacky had said anything to me in days.

"I'm happy that you're talking to me," I whispered to him.

He just nodded as he turned his attention back to the TV. I looked over to Brian, who had a smug look on his face.

I snuggled close to Brian.

"Do I see love in the air?" He whispered in my ear.

"Shut up or you'll be seeing God," I said quietly.

I didn't mean to do that to Zacky. I just grabbed the closest thing to me, and it just happened that it was Zacky's body.

It wasn't a big deal. I didn't like Zacky. Zacky and I barely talked to one another. This meant absolutely nothing to me or Zacky, mostly for Zacky.

The movie ended without anymore awkward situations.

Brian kept on hinting that Zacky liked me, like making hearts with his hands. I kept on ignoring his hints.

Zacky didn't say anything to me as we continued with another movie. This time it was a cute one, Lady and the Tramp.

I had chosen it. I have a soft side for doggies.

As we watched the movie, I felt a pair of eyes on me. I didn't bother looking who it was. I was too into the movie to notice someone grabbed my hand.

"Emma," I heard someone whisper. I turned my head to my right.

There was Zacky, holding my hand, and staring at me.

"What?" I asked. "Never mind," he said letting go of my hand.

I shrugged.

"Whatever," I thought.

I laughed as I saw the dogs were eating the spaghetti. This was always my favorite part.

"So cute," I whispered.

As soon as the dog's love scene was over, the guys made me turn it off.

"I can't stand watching dogs fall in love," Matt said. "It's very cute," I said. "I'd rather watch humans fall in love," he said smiling.

"Dogs do it better," I said laughing. "Time for something new!" Jimmy yelled.

He was a tad drunk. He was drinking a lot more than anyone else.

"I got it!" Emile shouted. "What?" I asked interested.

I should've expected her answer. It was so cliche for a sleepover.

"Truth or dare," she said smiling wickedly.

I felt my heart drop. I knew what she was up to. She was gonna get Zacky and me to be in awkward situations.

"Okay, first rules." She said standing up.

I nodded, hoping some of them would help me out.

"Okay, I know you guys want to do vulgar things, but nothing more than making out." She said pacing.

Good, good.

"No eating nasty crap," she continued.

I nodded. I certainly didn't want to be the one eating dog shit.

"Oh and lastly, if a dare involves someone doing something with your body, you have to let them do it." She said.

Crap.

"Well, that's all." She said smiling at me.

That's it? Those were the only rules. I could've came up with some more!

"Who goes first?" Matt asked. "You," I said.

I was pretty sure that Matt wouldn't make me doing anything. He was one of my safest bets right now. I just didn't want Emily or Brian to get to choose me or Zacky.

"Okay, Jimmy." Matt said smiling widely. "Yeah," Jimmy asked taking a gulp of his sixth beer.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Jimmy said smiling wickedly. Matt's grin grew wide.

"Jimmy, I want you to kiss Zacky." Matt said. "God, no!" Jimmy yelled. "Either that or get naked and do the Hokie Pokie dance," Matt said shrugging.

Jimmy thought about it for a while.

"Fine," he muttered.

I could see the fear in Zacky's and Jimmy's eyes. They both didn't want this to happen. Jimmy grabbed Zacky's hand.

"Hey, don't try to make me like it." Zacky said in disgust.

Jimmy brought Zacky's hand to his lips.

"I did it," Jimmy said smiling. "Hey, that was on the hand!" Matt said. "You never said where," Jimmy said smiling.

I couldn't believe that Jimmy actually outsmarted Matt. It was something I never thought was possible.

Jimmy looked at all of us, and he stopped at Emily.

"Truth or dare, Emily?" He asked.

Emily thought about it. I knew she would take the easy way out.

"Dare," she said smiling. Okay, that was a new thing. She'd usually take a truth.

"I dare you to make out with Johnny for ten minutes," Jimmy said.

Emily's cheeks deepened in color.

"Why?" She asked looking at the ground. "Cause I gotta help the little shit out," Jimmy said shrugging.

Emily looked over to Johnny, who looked like he was about to faint. Emily leaned into him.

"Wait!" I yelled. "What now?!" Johnny yelled. "I gotta get a timer," I said smiling.

I ran into the kitchen, and I grabbed the timer. I had to make sure they were kissing for the full ten minutes.

I came into the room, holding up the timer. I set the time.

"Okay... Now!" I said.

Emily crashed her lips on Johnny's. After a few seconds, I couldn't look anymore. It was rather disgusting to see your sister kissing one of your friends.

I could see the guys were doing the same as me.

A wicked thought popped into my head. I moved the timer from ten minutes to fifteen. I might as well give them both what they wanted.

It was awkward waiting for the fifteen minutes to be up, but it was finally done. Emily and Johnny were gasping for air.

"Wow," Emily said out of breath. "I know," Johnny said smirking.

The guys and I had just made a couple! Emily looked at her watch.

"I knew it!" She yelled. "What?" I asked innocently. "You made us kiss for five minutes longer than what we had to," she said.

"I'm not complaining," Johnny said.

Emily blushed. I knew she would thank me later.

"My turn," Emily said looking up.

I did not like the smile on her lips. She was going to call on me, she was going to call on me. Maybe the extra five minutes wasn't worth it after all.

"Zacky," she said happily. "Yeah," he asked slowly.

Surely, he heard the way her voice sounded. It sounded like she had something up her sleeve.

"Truth or dare," she asked. "Truth," he said.

"Ruin the fun!" Matt yelled.

Zacky just shrugged.

"So Zacky, do you like anyone at the moment?" Emily asked with her eyes on me. "Yeah," he said shrugging.

"Who?" She asked. "One at a time," he said shaking his head. He had a small grin on his face. He certainly did look adorable.

"So?" Zacky said looking around at us. I felt his eyes staring at me.

"Emma," he breathed out.

My heart stopped.

"Truth or dare," he asked me.

I thought about it. I didn't know which one to chose. Both choices could potentially lead down a bad path for me. I decided throw away my fears, and I chose my path.

"Dare," I said grinning.

Zacky returned my grin.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's the tenth chapter. So I'm finally in the double digits. Yay me.