Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Being clumsy helps sometimes

I looked over to Zacky. I waited for him to tell me my dare.

"I dare you to tell me who you love the most," he said.

What? That was barely a dare! That was more like a question.

"Are you sure?" I asked confused.

He just nodded. This was an easy question for me.

"My mom," I said quickly.

I saw his eyebrow raise.

"Zacky, you had to go easy on her!" Emily shouted. "I expected something more like Brian," Zacky said shrugging. "I could've told you her answer!" Emily continued to yell.

It was my turn now. I felt I should've asked who Zacky liked, but I didn't.

"Brian, truth or dare?" I asked. "Dare," he said grinning. "I dare you to kiss me," I said smiling.

He returned my smile. He gave me a quick peck on the lips. I couldn't think of anything, so I just made him kiss me.

Brian looked at everyone.

"Zacky," he said happily. "Hmm?"

Zacky sounded very uninterested. He wasn't even looking at Brian now.

"Truth or dare," Brian said with a wild grin. "Truth," Zacky said.

Brian's grin grew wide. I knew what was about to happen.

"Who do you like?" Brian asked.

Zacky's grin grew wide.

My heart started to race, thinking of who he could possibly say. What if he didn't say my name? What if it was some girl from school?

"I like Papa Gates," Zacky said shrugging.

I could see disgust written on everyone's face.

"You like my dad?!" Brian yelled. "Yeah, as a mentor. You guys gotta be less vague, Syn." Zacky said smiling.

I had enough of this game. My heart was racing for an answer, and that was as stupid as Jimmy kissing Zacky's hand.

"Let's not play anymore. It's boring," I said standing up. "But I like it," Emily said. "You can kiss Johnny without being dared to," I said walking up the stairs.

"Wait!" I heard Emily shout. She ran up the stairs, following me.

We both stopped in front of my room.

"What's your problem?" She hissed through her teeth. "I don't know. The game was getting boring," I said.

"It's not boring, you just don't want to lose your bet." She said angrily.

I shook my head.

"No, I'm afraid." I said. "Afraid what? Kissing Zacky?" she asked. She sounded slightly annoyed at me.

"No, I'm afraid that I'm right. I'm afraid that I'll win the bet." I said quickly.

I didn't have to even think about it. I knew that I was falling for Zacky. I hadn't done anything too romantic with him. Hell, I hadn't done anything romantic with him, yet I was falling for him.

Here I was, kissing and hugging his friend, and all I could think was about him.

I remembered all those times I had found myself staring at him and him alone. My eyes had always wandered over to him, even at their band rehearsal.

"What do you mean?" Emily asked. "I think I'm falling for him," I whispered.

"For Brian?!" She whispered harshly.

I could see the disgust in her face.

"No!" I yelled. I covered my mouth up.

I shook my head.

"Then for who?" She asked with a confused look on her face. I gave her a look, and a smirk formed on her lips.

"I knew it," she said happily.

I shook my head.

"How did this happen?" I whispered. "You're acting like Zacky's the plague," she said rubbing my arm.

"Hey, you okay?" I heard Brian asked. "She has great news," Emily said smiling.

They both smiled at each other. I hated them both right now.

"She's finally admitting it?" He asked. "Yup, she finally said it." Emily said grinning.

Brian hugged me.

"Congrats," he said. "I don't feel happy," I muttered. "Why not, Zacky's a great guy." Brian said smiling.

"I know he is, but I know he doesn't feel anything remotely close to romantic feelings for me." I said. "Yes, he does!" Brian said.

"No," I whispered.

Brian opened his mouth as if to say something, but he quickly closed mouth.

"Brian, what were you going to say?" I asked.

He was hiding something from me, and I knew it.

"Nothing," he whispered quickly. "Tell me," I demanded. "Tell us," Emily said joining in.

"You guys can't team up on me," he said raising his hands up. "Tell us," I said glaring.

Emily was staring at him with hopeful eyes. Brian looked like he was trying to think of something.

"Brian," Emily and I said.

We didn't mean to say it at the time, but it came out like that. We managed to make it sound very scary and creepy.

"You guys are scaring me," Brian said backing up into the wall. We crept up on him slowly.

"Brian, tell us." Emily said slyly.

"Johnny, get your ass up here!" Brian yelled.

We heard Johnny's frantic steps up the stairs.

"Did something happen to Emily?" He asked.

He stopped, when he saw Emily and me creeping up on Brian.

"What's going on?" He asked slowly. "They're ganging up on me," Brian said.

Brian was now up against the wall, and Emily and me were so close to him. I could tell from the look on Johnny's face that he wished he was in Brian's place.

"Brian, I don't know why you're complaining. I'd love to switch with you," Johnny said. "Shut up, they're ganging up on me!" Brian yelled.

"Why are they ganging up on you?" Johnny asked. "They want me to tell them something," Brian said frantically.

"What?" Johnny asked. "Shut up, short shit, and get one of them off me!" Brian yelled. Johnny shrugged.

Johnny grabbed Emily by the shoulders. Emily struggled in his arms.

"Emma, help me!" Emily shouted. "I can't, I gotta get Brian to tell me." I said grabbing onto Brian's shirt.

"I can't," Brian said. "Tell me," I said pulling him closer to me. "What could you possibly do to me?" He asked. "I'm glad you asked." I said smirking.

I pinched Brian's shoulders.

"Hey!" He said flinching.

"I pinch, bite, scratch, and kick. Not to mention I won't hesitate to kick or knee you in your balls," I said.

I saw Brian look over my shoulders. I looked back as well. Johnny was being tackled down by Emily. Emily was kissing Johnny up and down his body.

"Just let me deal with Brian for a while. I just need to know a bit of information," she cooed in his ear.

I smiled wickedly.

Johnny would be giving up so very soon. I looked back at Brian, who was shaking his head.

"Should've never called up the short one," he said shaking his head.

"Brian, you will tell me what I need to hear." I said grabbing onto his arms. "Awww... Come on!" He said. "Just tell me, and I will leave you alone." I said.

He shook his head. I pinched him on his arms.

"Ow," he whined. "Just tell me," I whispered.

Brian winced.

"I can't," he said softly.

I shrugged my shoulders.

Who knew that pinching hurt big ol' Brian Haner?

"Zacky, help!" Brian yelled.

I could hear Zacky's slow steps coming up the stairs.

"Tell me now," I whispered harshly to Brian.

He shook his head.

I managed to almost knee him in his most vulnerable place. I still hit him, and he did a painful noise. I just didn't hit him in the right spot.

"Watch where you're aiming!" Brian yelled as I was pulled off of him.

"Let go of me," I yelled.

I was laying against someone's hard chest.

"Nope," I heard Zacky's voice say. I paused.

Zacky was holding me?

I blushed deeply. His hands were somewhere that they probably shouldn't have been, at my breasts. Zacky just stared at me.

Emily had gotten up, and Johnny was lying down on the ground, muttering something. Brian was shaking his head as Emily walked towards him.

"Brian," she cooed.

"Zacky, look at your hands." I said shyly.

He finally looked away from my face, to look where his hands were. I saw him trying to say something, maybe it was an apology.

"Maybe you should move the hands first," I muttered.

He nodded, as he let me go.

I stood there, not knowing what to say. My cheeks were deep red, and I was staring at the ground.

Zacky stood there, not doing anything. Well, I think he wasn't doing anything. I wasn't even looking in his direction.

I heard Brian screaming. I looked over there to see Emily holding his ear.

"Let go, let go!" Brian said hopping. Emily was dragging him into my room.

"Emma, let's get him." Emily said smiling. I nodded as I ran into the room. I locked the door as I ran in.

I could hear Zacky and Johnny pounding on the door.

"Let me in!" Johnny screamed. "Johnny, we just need a little more time." I said.

"But I don't like the idea of you three in a locked room alone," Johnny whined. "Johnny, I'll make it up to you later." Emily said.

I heard a happy Johnny run downstairs.

"Emily's gonna do something for me later!" I could hear Johnny say happily.

"What'll you do?" I asked whispering harshly. "Share the blanket," she said smiling.

"Told you, you guys would share it." I said grinning. "Let's just deal with Brian right now." Emily said.

We turned to Brian, who had a worried look on his face.

"Fine, I'll tell one of you." He said. "Which one?" We asked.

Again, it was at the same time.

"Emily," he said. "No!" I screamed.

"Yay!" Emily happily shouted.

I glared at Emily. She just smiled at me.

"Grab her!" Emily yelled. Brian held me down as Emily opened the door.

"Get her out," Emily said.

Sure enough, Brian dragged me out of the room. He practically threw me out.

I landed on top of someone.

"Ow," I muttered. "Nice landing," someone said.

Again, I was in an awkward situation with Zacky. My face was somewhere it shouldn't have been, somewhere near his zipper.

I blushed, and I got up quickly.

"Sorry," I mumbled.

Why was this day so awkward for me?

"It's okay," he said brushing himself off.

"Why were you waiting outside the door? And why were laying down?" I asked. "Same reason as Johnny was." Zacky said shrugging.

"You like Emily?" I asked.

I guess I really did win the bet.

He shook his head.

"Then what?" I asked.

He just grinned at me.

"Let's go downstairs," he said. "Tell me!" I yelled.

Instead of answering me, he just walked downstairs.

I followed him, running down the stairs. He was already on the last step. I felt myself trip over something.

"Help," I yelled.

Zacky turned around. I was done with about half of the stairs, and Zacky was too far away. I closed my eyes. I waited for myself to hit the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
Emma's clumsiness is getting her in trouble again.