Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Clem can be scary

Breakfast went by, and some of the guys just went back to sleep.

God, they're lazy.

Jimmy and Matt took over the couches, and Brian was sleeping on the loveseat. Emily and Johnny went back up to her room. They left me and Zacky alone again.

"So what now?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"You should go back to sleep," I said.

He shook his head.

"You sure? You look like crap," I said. "Thanks." He mumbled. "I'd look like crap if I just woke up too, so don't worry." I said smiling.

"Eh, I just need some coffee." He said. "I'll make some," I said running back into the kitchen.

I made all of the preparations, and I was just waiting for the stupid beeping noise. Zacky walked in.

"So?" I said slowly.

He shrugged.

He sat down on one of the counters.

"What are we gonna do today?" He asked. "I heard that there's a fair going on." I said. "Let's go," he said. "Okay, as soon as the guys wake up again." I said.

The coffee machine went off. I got Zacky a cup.

"Add whatever you want," I said pointing to the milk, cream, and sugar. Zacky nodded as he added whatever he wanted.

It was another awkward silence. Zacky was sipping his coffee, and I was standing there, wondering what to say.

As time went by, all of my ideas just seemed more stupid. With each second that passed, it was harder to come up with something.

As I was about to talk about the weather, Brian came through the door.

"Morning, Sleeping Beauty." I said. He just smiled at me.

He grabbed a cup of coffee.

"We got anything planned for today?" He asked. "A fair," I said. "Oooh, fun." He said.

Brian gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, before exiting the room.

Soon the rest of the guys were up. As soon as they all had their coffees, they were all awake.

It was amazing how jumpy Jimmy was. He drinked until he passed out just hours before, and here he was jumping up and down about the fair.

"Okay, get ready everyone." I said. "We're kind of already ready," Brian said.

"How?" I asked. "We didn't bring any extra clothes," he said. "Ewww.. Well, Emily and me still need to get changed." I said.

I got changed into a band t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I applied just a little eyeliner. Emily got dressed into a blue shirt and jeans.

"You look good," I said. "You do too," she said. We walked downstairs to see the guys bickering. Everyone was pretty much yelling at Brian, everyone but Zacky.

"What's up, guys?" I asked. "Nothing," Matt said quickly.

"You sure?" Emily asked. "Yup," Johnny said. I looked over to Brian, who was just smiling at me.

"Let's go then," I said.

We finally got to the fair around three o'clock. I was happily jumping at the entrance.

"Fair, fair, fair," I sang. "You can go in," Brian said from behind me. "I know, but I wanted to jump first." I said.

I felt so different, since I ate the bag of candy I shared with Emily.

We walked in, and my mind went blank.

"What do we do first?" I asked happily. "Let's go on the roller coaster!" Jimmy yelled. "Let's go!" I said.

I grabbed his hand, and we ran off.

"Jimmy?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he asked, uninterested.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" I asked.

It's been about five minutes, since we ran away from the group. I think we're lost.

"I think we're lost, Emma." Jimmy said scratching his head. "I'm scared," I said. "Let's try to find the roller coaster one more time," he said grabbing my hand.

We were walking around for the longest time. I looked down at my watch. It was four o'clock.

"Jimmy, we've been lost for an hour now." I said. "Well, I guess we could just wait for the guys at the food court." Jimmy said.

"Okay, let's go. " he muttered. "Jimmy?" I asked soflty.

He looked at me with a comforting smile.

"Yeah?" he said calmly. "Could you hold my hand? I don't want to get lost from you too," I said holding out my hand.

"Sure," Jimmy said smiling. He grabbed my hand.

We finally got to the food court, and we still didn't find the guys.

"Jimmy Sullivan!" I heard a yell. It scared the crap out of me.

"Clem?" Jimmy asked slowly. "Don't 'Clem' me! Who is that skank?" Clem yelled.

I turned to see her with a red face. She was angry again.

"This is Emma, and this isn't what it looks like." Jimmy said.

Crap, I did not want to get on Clem's bad side.

"You're sleeping with her, aren't you?" Clem asked getting closer to us. "No, she's just a friend." Jimmy said quickly.

I had to admit, this was looking bad for Jimmy.

"Just a friend? Like I'd ever believe that!" Clem said getting even closer.

Luckily, her attention was on Jimmy.

"No, it's true. She's dating Brian!" Jimmy said backing up. "So she's cheating on Brian too?!" Clem yelled.

She turned her attention over to me.

"I'm gonna fuck you up." She said raising her fists.

"Clem!" Someone yelled. I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Clem, they got lost from the group." I smiled to myself.

"Brian," I whimpered. "Clem, you scared my girlfriend." Brian said. "But they were holding hands," Clem said.

"I didn't want to get lost even more." I whispered.

"So no cheating was going on?" Clem asked.

I shook my head.

"Jimmy!" Clem yelled hugging him. "Yes, Clem?" he asked. He sounded like he was still in shock honestly.

"I'm sorry, I should've trusted you. I just couldn't stand the thought of you with another girl." Clem said.

"It's okay. If you were holding hands with another guy, I would've freaked out too." Jimmy said hugging her back.

In a matter of seconds, they were making out.

"Let's go, Brian." I said. He nodded.

"So how did you two get lost?" Brian asked. "I don't know. We were heading towards the roller coaster, and we lost sight of it. We took random turns everywhere, and we were lost." I said.

"You look so cute, when you're desperate." Brian said. "Shut up," I mumbled. "Let's go to the roller coaster now," Brian said.

I nodded.

We were finally at the roller coaster.

"You found her!" Emily yelled. "Emily, I was so scared!" I yelled.

"God, never go anywhere today without one of the dependable guys!" Emily said. "Why are you guys freaking out so much?" Johnny asked.

"Emma gets lost all the time. She's been doing it ever since she was born. God, she has no sense of direction." Emily said still hugging me. "I'm okay. Jimmy was with me, but let's go on the roller coaster." I said.

"Sorry, I can't." Emily said. "Me either," Brian said.

I groaned. Was no one going to get on with me?

"Why not?" I asked, desperately.

"Just ate," Emily said patting her stomach. "All of you?" I asked.

They all nodded.

Damn.

"I'll go with you," Zacky said. I saw Brian and Emily smiling away.

"Okay," I said slowly.

I was a little nervous about going on a roller coaster, let alone going with Zacky. Zacky and I paid with our tickets, and we were trying to decide where we would sit.

"Middle," I said. "Front," he said. "Rock, paper, scissors." I said.

He nodded.

I knew exactly what to pick, the unpredicable choice.

"Rock!" I said.

Zacky was holding out a flat hand.

"I lost?" I said. "It's the obvious pick." Zacky said. "It is?" I asked, still not sure how he won.

"Plus you were mouthing rock the whole time," Zacky said laughing.

God, his laugh was so cute. I shook my head.

Don't daydream!

"Fine, the front." I said.

As soon as the first word let my mouth, Zacky began to drag me to the front line.

"You won't regret this," he said happily. "I already do," I said.

My stomach was full of butterflies, and I knew for a fact that half of them wasn't because of the roller coaster.

I was standing so close to Zacky that my shoulder was brushing against his arm.

"Is this your first roller coaster ride?" Zacky asked me.

I nodded my head. I felt scared and exicted.

"Remember, if you ever get too scared, you can always pinch me." He said. "Why pinch?" I asked.

"Because I don't think your boyfriend would appreciate you hugging my arm," he said. "Oh." I breathed out.

It was finally our turn, and we both hopped into our little cart thing.

"Zacky, if I do anything that hurts you in any manner, do not blame me." I said. "Okay," he said.

I had to make sure that if I did pinch him, that he wouldn't hold it against me.

The ride started off pretty slow, and it got my heart racing. We were just going up and up and up.

"Zacky, I'm scared." I whined. "Just breathe," he said.

I nodded my head as I breathed in and out furiously.

"Slower," Zacky said smiling.

I nodded. Soon we were at the top of the hill, and I closed my eyes.

I felt the roller coaster drop down, and I grip onto Zacky's arm. I held onto him for the longest time. I could feel the twists and turns on the roller coaster. I even managed to let out a couple of screams.

"Emma?" Zacky said soflty. "Yes, Zacky?" I asked.

I was a little ashamed that I held onto his arm the whole ride.

"You can let go now. The ride's over," Zacky said chuckling. "Oh," I said.

I looked up to him, and he had a grin on his face. I finally let him go, and we got off the ride.

The guys and Emily were waiting for us at the exit.

"How was your first roller coaster ride, Emma?" Emily asked me. "Fucking fantastic," I answered.

It really was, and I would even go on another roller coaster ride again. I just needed someone with a good strong arm next to me.

"She was holding onto me the whole time. I thought she was going to cry," Zacky said laughing. "Oh, really?" Brian said raising an eyebrow.

"It was still fun," I said. "I bet it was," Emily said.

I knew where they were getting at, and I didn't like it either.

"Time to go home," Brian said looking at his watch. "What time is it?" I asked. "Six thirty," he said.

"So early?" Johnny asked.

He sounded like a six year-old. I wasn't sure how Emily was attracted to this guy at all. She must've liked feeling like a mother or something.

"We might as well. I need lots of sleep, and we have school tomorrow." Brian said. I nodded.

Jimmy and I ran off ahead, but we made sure to stop every now and then for the rest of the guys.

We all got into the cars.

Emily decided to ride with Matt, so she could ride with Johnny. Brian was driving, and I was in the back.

I felt like I had to rest a while, before going up front. I felt someone sit down next to me.

"Hey," their voice said. "Hey, Zacky." I said. I was covering my face with my hand, hiding my blush.