Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Uh-oh

"So your place first, Emma?" Brian asked. "Sure," I said.

Soon enough we got to my house. As I saw the lights were on, my heart dropped. It was a good thing that the guys didn't leave anything in the house.

That's when I remember they brought beer with them. God, I was going to get it bad.

I got out of the car, and I saw Emily get out too.

"Emma," she said whimpering. "It's okay," I said.

"You're not gonna get hurt alone this time!" she yelled. "What's wrong, girls?" Matt asked.

"Nothing, go now." I said. "We're not leaving," Brian said getting out of his car.

Brian probably put everything together in his head. He knew what was going to happen, and he didn't like it one bit. I knew what he wanted to do. It was a nice thought, but I wanted him to leave.

"Leave!" Emily yelled.

I could see the tears threatening to come out of her eyes.

We never did like people to feel sorry for us.

"Emily, are you okay?" Johnny asked getting out of the other car. "Guys, just please leave," I said.

A tear managed to leave my right eye.

"Emma and Emily!" I heard the wicked voice say. I flinched.

"So you two have finally decided to come home now!" He yelled. "It was my fault!" I yelled. "No, it was mine." Emily said.

"Emily's lying. I brought her to my friend's house. I told everyone not to give her a ride home." I said.

I didn't want Emily to be beaten. She never has, and I wanted to make sure that she never was. It almost my duty, since I was a couple of minutes older than her.

"Emma, you are always the problem." My dad said. "Yes, I am." I said.

I just wanted to get everything out of the way right now. It would be the quickest way, like it almost never happened. Or that's what I liked to tell myself anyways.

"Sir, I think you should seriously shut the hell up," Brian said.

I bit down on my lip. Brian wasn't supposed to interrupt. I wanted him to get back in the car and drive away. I didn't want anyone to see this.

My dad gave him the most scariest and eeriest look I had ever seen.

"Do not tell me how to raise my children," he said. "Dad, leave them alone. We'll go in the house," I begged.

I just wanted him to take this inside of the house, where no one could ever see us.

"Shut up, Emma! I can do this on my own," my dad yelled.

I flinched, and Emily was bawling. Johnny was trying to calm her down.

My dad dragged Emily away from Johnny, though.

"Do not touch my daughters!" He yelled. "I could say the same thing to you!" Brian yelled. "Brian, please no." I said begging.

"Emma, is he the one who gave you the bruises?" Zacky asked.

"Zacky, just leave." I said desperately.

I didn't want him or Brian to see any of this.

"So you're showing your bruises to everyone now?" My dad yelled.

He left Emily on the ground, crying.

He walked up to me, and he slapped me hard. My cheek was stinging, and tears were flooding my eyes.

"Say you're sorry," he yelled at me. "I'm sorry, Dad." I said.

It was always better just to go along with whatever he wanted you to say or do. Everything was easier this way. It's been working like this for years now. It was the easiest way to deal with my father. This was just the way he was.

"This is fucking bullshit," I heard Zacky yell.

My dad pushed me to the hard ground, and that's where I stayed. Zacky ran up, and he punched my dad. Soon enough, Johnny was helping him out.

I just sat there, crying.

Why did they have to find out? Why couldn't we go on how we already were? Why did this even happen?

I brought my knees into my chest, and I covered my eyes with my hands. The tears just kept on pouring out, no matter how much I wanted them to stop.

I felt someone hug me.

"Emma," they said. "Zacky, I'm so sorry." I whimpered.

I didn't want him to ever see anything like that. I doubted he ever wanted to see anything like that. He probably hated me with every fiber of his being by now.

"Don't ever say that to me ever again," he said.

I felt the tears going down my face. What did he mean?

"Why'd you do it?" I asked softly, not knowing what else to say to him.

"Do what?" He asked. "Punch my dad?" I asked.

He let go of me. The look of his face was priceless. He looked shocked.

"I could never stand, when people I love are being hurt." Zacky said.

I paused.

"I guess I wouldn't stand it if any of my friends got hurt either," I said. "Brian, don't hate me for this." Zacky said.

"Go right ahead," Brian said.

"Emma, I love you." Zacky said. "I love you too." I said.

It was a quick response. That's how friends spoke to one another. They said quick 'I love you's.

"No, not how I love Matt or Brian. I love you! I love the way you trip all the time. I love the way your hair is. I love the brown color of your eyes. I love how never admit you're wrong! I love everything there is to possibly love about you. I love you!" Zacky practically yelled.

My head went completely blank.

H-he loved me? Why? I was estatic, of course, but it was taking my head a little too long to react.

I saw his face fall, but my body wouldn't react at all.

He got up and walked away from me. I wanted to tell him to stop. I wanted to tell him that I like him. My body was just frozen stiff, though.

Brian ran over to me.

"What the hell are you doing?" He hissed at me. I felt really bad at this point.

My eyes rolled up, and I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was a major big chapter, and I don't really like how I wrote it.