Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

You can get closer

I woke up, and I was freezing. Zacky was still sleeping.

I got up, and I stretched for a moment. I looked at my watch. It was only five o'clock. I guess Zacky was really sleepy, considering he was still asleep.

I walked over to the bed. Zacky's eyes were shut, and his stomach was rising and falling. He looked so cute. I was fighting a giggle, trying to come out. I didn't want to wake him up.

His hair was a messy mess. It wasn't in order as it had been just hours earlier. He was sleeping only on one side, like he was trying to get away from something on the other side.

That's when the thought popped into my head. Zacky wasn't probably going to let me kiss him if he was awake.

Surely, he was pissed off about fainting, when he confessed to me. He had to be even a little pissed off.

No, I was being stupid. Or was I?

Zacky wasn't likely to like being kissed by me. But he did just confess to me. Maybe he had some leftover feelings.

I shrugged my shoulders. If Zacky still liked me, then he would tell me again later.

I looked over at Zacky again. He was sleeping soundly.

I leaned down, holding my breath in. I was nearly inches away from his face. I fought off any last regrets I had, and I pushed my lips on Zacky's.

His lips were soft, and I would've kept my lips on there a lot longer, if I didn't feel Zacky stirring.

I got up quickly, and I sat down on the ground near the window.

Zacky's eyes fluttered opened.

"Emma?" He asked. "Hmm?" I hummed, trying to seem as casual as I possibly could at a moment like this.

He didn't answer me for a while. I saw him touch his own lips.

C'mon, usually Zacky's not a light sleeper! God hates me right now.

"Emma, what just happened?" Zacky asked slowly. "Nothing, you woke up." I said. "Are you sure? I could've swore something else happened," Zacky said sitting up.

"Nothing happened, Zacky." I said staring at the ground.

I didn't want him to know that I kissed him in his sleep. Not only was it cowardly, but it was rather embarrassing.

"Emma, I know what you were doing." Zacky said.

I felt a blush creep onto my cheeks.

"Now I just want you to know why you did it." Zacky said getting up.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Zacky. I swore you were just sleeping, and I was over here the whole time," I said.

My hands were shaking. I was so afraid that he would find out. This wasn't how all girls felt about kissing the guys they like, right?

"Emma, please tell me why you did it." Zacky said kneeling in front of me. "Why I did what?" I said looking up at Zacky.

"Why you kissed me," Zacky said.

His eyes were very beautiful. They were shimmering, but there wasn't any light to shimmer them.

"Zacky, I-" I was cut off. Zacky's warm lips were on mine.

My eyes were wide open, I was in complete shock. Zacky was pushing his lips so forcefully on mine, but it felt so sweet.

I closed my eyes slowly, hoping that this kiss would last forever. It was closed lips, but I've never had a better kiss.

Zacky, eventually broke away from me. My eyes were still closed. I was holding my breath in.

"Emma, could you at least act like you enjoy it?" Zacky asked. I could hear the hurt in his voice.

I opened my eyes. Zacky had a sad look on his face.

I touched his face.

"Zacky, I did like it." I said.

My face was probably all red right now.

"Okay, maybe I prefer it if you didn't lie to me." Zacky said. He was about to get up, and I grabbed his shirt.

"Zacky, I'm telling you the truth." I said. His look didn't change, it was so very sad.

I did the first thing that came into my head. Okay, it was the second, but only because the first involved me hitting Zacky.

I pushed his lips back on mine. I could feel that Zacky was hesitating, so I pushed my tongue into his mouth.

Zacky, even managed to jump, when that happened. I broke the kiss, and I was out of breath.

"Do you believe me now?" I asked. Zacky just nodded.

"Good. You don't have any idea how hard that was," I said. Zacky just stared at me.

"I mean, kissing alone is hard, but kissing the guy you like was the hardest I ever had to do." I said.

"I think kissing you is just about the easiest thing ever." Zacky finally said. "Why?" I asked softly.

"Because I've been wanting to do that ever since you went to our band rehearsal," Zacky said.

I stood up.

"Zacky, get up." I said offering my hand to him. He took it.

When he stood up, I hugged him.

"But what about Brian?" Zacky asked. That's when my heart stopped fluttering. I let go of Zacky.

"We were never going out," I said. "What do you mean? You guys held hands, and you guys even kissed. You guys were definitely going out," Zacky said.

"No, I mean, it wasn't real. We only did it because of a bet we made." I said.

I knew this would only piss Zacky off. The whole idea might've been very stupid.

"A bet?" he asked slowly.

"We made a bet about you," I said. Zacky backed away from me.

"What kind of bet?"

"He bet me that you liked me," I said. I felt so ashamed. "So you didn't think I liked you?"

"No," I said. "Why couldn't you guys just ask me?" He asked. I could tell that he wasn't pleased at all. I felt so bad. He wouldn't even look at me anymore.

"Zacky, you have to understand. I thought you hated me." I said. "How? I've never hated you," he said. "You were ignoring me, and I thought you couldn't stand the sight of me." I said.

"I was only ignoring you because you wouldn't stop snuggling with Brian. You know how hard it is to watch your best friend snuggling with the girl you love," he said.

"Brian?"

"Yes, the guy that you were obviously flirting with!"

"Zacky, I've got something I want to tell you. I can't flirt." I said.

He had a raised eyebrow.

"If I like a guy, chances are I'll never flirt with him. Mostly because my flirting skills are the lowest. I've never had a boyfriend before Brian, and that one was a big fake," I said.

I hoped this making some sort of sense to Zacky.

"Emma, I have to say that, that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard." Zacky said. My heart dropped. He was going to be mad at me.

"But I believe you," he said. I got so happy. I grabbed onto his body, hugging it tightly.

"I'm so happy, Zacky." I said.

I looked up at Zacky. He had a huge smile on his face.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for us to be like this," Zacky said. I smiled. I broke out of the hug.

I grabbed Zacky by the collar of his shirt. I dragged him over to the bed, where I pushed him. He landed on the bed, but he just kept on staring at me.

"Don't stare," I mumbled. "Why not?" He asked. "It's embarrassing," I said.

"God, you're so adorable." Zacky said. I felt the blush on my cheeks were burning.

"Don't say stuff like that," I said. "Why not?"

"Because they're not true," I said. "If you weren't as cute as you are, I would tell you. But that's not the case. You are the most beautiful thing I've ever saw," Zacky said.

He got up from the bed.

He wrapped his arms around my body.

"Don't lie to me, Zacky." I said. "I'd never do that to you," he said. He raised my chin up with his finger.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me," he said. "Corny," I said. "It's the best I can do," Zacky said smiling.

Zacky kissed me, and soon we were on the bed. No, nothing too vulgar. We were just kissing.

I was laying down with my hands on Zacky's face, pushing him closer to me. Zacky had one arm supporting, making sure he didn't fall over on me.

That's when an idea lightbulb went off in my head. I wondered if Zacky would like it if I turned us around, so I would be on top.

I quickly made the decision to push Zacky off of me. He landed right next to me. He had a very confused look on his face.

I straddled his waist, and his confused face turned to one of pure happiness.

"I thought you were gonna reject me," he said sighing. "I could never do that. Zacky V. is the man for me," I said.

He smirked. God, I loved that smirk.

I leaned down, and we continued where we left off. Zack's hands were now on my waist, and my hands were touching his chest.

"Holy shit!" I heard someone scream.

As a reflex, I jumped off of Zacky.

There, in the doorway, was a scared Emily. Her fear soon turned into happiness.

"I knew this would happen," she yelled happily. Johnny suddenly appeared.

"I told you not to come in here. I could hear someone moaning," Johnny said smirking.

Zacky flipped him off.

"You two can go back to what you were doing. I just came to tell you that I'm spending the night at Johnny's. I'll be back in the morning," Emily said winking.

I rolled my eyes.

Emily left, closing the door behind her.

"Well, that definitely killed the mood." Zacky said. "Yeah," I said.

"Let's just go to sleep then," Zacky said.

"Again?"

"Well, you kind of wore me out." Zacky said. A blush was on my face.

Zacky patted on the bed, near him. I climbed into the bed. At first, I was absolutely scared. I didn't want to be too close to Zacky, but if I went too far then he'd get the wrong idea. Or would he get the wrong idea if I went too close.

"You can get closer," I heard Zacky say.

I looked at the space in between us. It was fairly big. I scooted over to Zacky, only to be dragged to his chest by his arm.

"You can never be too close to me," he said kissing my forehead. I dug my head into his chest. "Night," he said.

"Good night, Zacky."
♠ ♠ ♠
There's the update.