Sequel: Second Heartbeat

If I Was Perfect,Then This Would Be Easy

Teasing Matt and Brian

I woke up Brian shaking my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I murmured. "Time for you to get up. I know you had an exhausting day with Zacky, but you need to get ready." Brian said.

"Where's Zacky?" I asked. "He left to go to school," Brian said. "Oh, and Emily?"

"She's still at the short shit's house," Brian said.

I sat up. Brian was already dressed and ready.

"So what are we doing?" I asked. "Well, we want to move you over to Johnny's place. We don't want you staying in one place for too long. Your dad could find you if we kept you here," Brian said.

I nodded.

Brian handed me a pair of jeans and a band t-shirt.

I got changed in the bathroom. I came out with a wide smile.

"I love the shirt," I said happily. "One of the first Avenged Sevenfold shirts ever made," Brian said.

I twirled.

"Yay, today is already starting out so great." I sang happily.

I jumped, hearing someone banging on Brian's door.

"Who the hell is that?" Brian mumbled.

He walked out of the door, and I followed him.

"Emma, Emily!" I heard him yell. I couldn't believe he already found me.

"Brian, don't let him in." I whimpered. "I won't. Just be quiet," Brian said.

I walked back into the room, and I heard the front door open. I wanted to go tell Brian not to, but I stopped in my tracks.

What would my dad do, when he saw me? Would I be able to do anything? Would he just drag me away? Would Brian be able to save me? Or would my dad be able to over-power Brian and drag me away?

I didn't want anything to happen to Brian, but my body wouldn't move.

"What do you want, scum?" Brian said angrily. "I want my daughters back. I know they're here," my dad yelled.

"They're not here unfortunately. So just get back in your Mercedes and drive off," Brian said. I never heard Brian talk the way he did just then.

It sent shivers down my spine.

"Boy, you need to respect your elders. Give me my daughters back or I'll call the cops on you!" My dad yelled.

I could hear Brian sigh. Was he going to cave in? I wouldn't blame him. I'd would've chickened out by now.

"First, I'll never respect you, no matter how old or senile you get. Second, you're daughters aren't here. Lastly, I'd like you try to call the cops. I already informed Child Services on your ass! So if I were you, I'd watch what the hell I was doing," Brian said.

His voice was so menacing, and it made me shiver.

I heard Brian slam the door shut. He walked back in the room with a big smile.

"He went away," he said. "Brian, you scared the living crap out of me." I said. "Is that bad?" He asked.

"No, you're on my side, so it's okay!" I said smiling.

I hugged Brian tightly.

"I'm glad you didn't give in," I said. "I'd never give up my best buddy, Emma." Brian said hugging me back.

He let go of me.

"Now let's get you over to Johnny's place," Brian said.

I nodded.

The drive there was uneventful. Brian didn't say anything, and I didn't want to say anything. There wasn't much to talk about between us, and I didn't want to talk about my past with him.

We got to Johnny's house, and Brian and I just walked in.

"You guys left the door unlocked," Brian said walking in.

I locked the door as I walked in. Emily came running down the stairs.

"Guys, this is the perfect house." She said happily. "Is it the house or the fact that it's Johnny's house that makes it perfect?" Brian asked.

Emily smiled at him sweetly, then she flipped him off.

"It could be either of those. I don't care," she said happily. "That's good," I said looking around.

Matt came walking down the stairs.

"So what are we gonna do today?" Matt asked. I didn't really talk to Matt too much, so I didn't know much about the guy.

"Matt, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked. I saw his cheeks turn pink.

"Is that a 'yes'?" I asked teasing. "Yeah," he said. "What's her name?" I asked. "Val," he said.

I plopped myself down on the couch, and the rest of the guys followed.

"So when did you guys start dating?" I asked. "Last month," he said nodding.

"Why haven't I seen her around, then?"

"Right now, she's visiting family in Florida." He said. "Oh, when is she coming back?" I asked. "Next week," he said. "Awww... Lovers finally reunited!" I sang.

"I heard about you and Zacky," Matt said.

He was glaring at me?

"Yeah," I said slowly. "So you were just going out with Brian to get to Zacky?" He asked angrily.

"No, didn't you hear about the bet?" I asked. "Bet?"

"I guess that's a 'no' then." I said. He nodded.

"Well, me and Brian had a bet. The bet lead us to go out, which wasn't real." I said.

He nodded slowly.

"I seriously don't even want to know what the bet was about," he said smiling. "Eh, the usual stupid stuff." I said smiling.

"So who won?" He asked.

"Brian." "Me." Brian said with a huge smirk.

"So what do you get for winning?" Matt asked.

"She had to kiss Zacky," Brian said. "So that's what started the fireworks," Matt said.

I nodded.

That was just about right, I guess.

"What would Emma have gotten if she won?" Matt asked.

I blushed.

"It would've been great," I said smiling. "It would've been horrible!" Brian said.

"What would've happened?" Matt asked. "It would've led into a very awkward kiss and butt pinching," Brian said flinching.

Matt started to laugh.

"Oh, God! With who?" Matt said chuckling. "You," Brian said.

Matt's laugh stopped immediately.

"Dude, I am so happy you won. I would've had to kick your ass, if you ever did something like to me." Matt said seriously. "I know. I'd let you kick my ass, if I did it." Brian said.

I laughed.

"You guys couldn't take one gay kiss?" I asked. "No!" They yelled.

I rolled my eyes.

"Babies," I mumbled. "Could you?!" Brian yelled. "Yes," I answered. "Liar," Matt said.

"She could," Emily said.

Surprisingly, that was the first time she spoken for a while.

"I've seen her kiss other girls," Emily said. "What?! When?!" The guys yelled in unison.

"Before we moved here, Emma was a lot more experimental with the chicks." Emily said laughing. "Really now?" Brian asked smirking.

I could that the guys saw me in a whole new light.

I nodded.

"I'm not as straight as you guys seem to think," I said. Their eyes popped out. I laughed.

"Oh God! I'm straight, I was just experimenting." I said laughing.

God, guys were so easy to trick.

"Wow, I was actually getting jealous of Zacky for a moment." Brian said sighing. "I know, me too." Matt said.

"Emma, do you remember the time we kissed?" Emily asked. I raised my eyebrow.

What the hell was she talking about.

"We were in the eighth grade, and we were wondering how it felt to kiss a girl." She said.

Oh...

"Of course, it was when our parents decided to go out for the night." I said smiling.

I could feel the guys staring at us.

Emily grabbed my hand.

"God, it felt so long ago." She said staring into my eyes. I grabbed her other hand.

"We could do it just once more," I said staring into hers.

We both leaned into each other's face. Just as we were about to touch lips, we stopped.

"Not what I thought it would be," I said sighing. "I know, such a waste." Emily said sitting back lazily.

We looked over to Matt and Brian. They were staring at us, almost looking desperate.

"You two didn't kiss," Brian said.

I shrugged.

"But you were so close," Matt said. "Didn't feel right," I said. "It felt right, when we were in the eighth grade," Emily said shrugging.

"I guess it was a once in a lifetime experience." I said. "Really, twins making out," Emily said.

"I thought you said you kissed," Brian said. "One thing leads into another," I said smirking.

Brian and Matt suddenly ran out of the room. I looked over to Emily, and we both started to laugh. God, guys were so gullible.

"So what are we gonna do until the guys get back?" Emily asked. "What are we gonna do about dad?" I asked.

She sighed.

"We're gonna end up leaving him behind," she said. "But we're gonna have to leave the guys too," I said.

"I know. We can always visit," she said.

I smiled. I hadn't thought of that.

"We'll visit every summer and any chance we get." I said.

She nodded.

"But what are we gonna tell the guys?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"They probably already assumed that we're leaving," she said.

I nodded. They weren't stupid, no matter how stupid they acted.

Matt and Brian walked out of both bathrooms.

"You two, never do that ever again." Matt said harshly. "Really, you two know how to get a man excited." Brian said.

They plopped down on a seperate couch, trying to stay away from Emily and me.

A sudden knock came from the door.

"Who could that be?" Matt asked getting. "Johnny's parents?" Emily asked. "No, he and his parents both have keys. They wouldn't be knocking," Brian said.

We all walked over to the front door. Matt looked through the peep hole.

"Some business-like woman," he said. "Great details, Mattie boy." I said patting his shoulder.

"I'll try," Brian muttered.

Brian looked through the peep hole.

"Yup, some business lady." He said.

I rolled my eyes. I would've looked through the peep hole myself, but I was too short to reach it.

Matt opened the door.

"Hello, young sir. I am Ms. Wise. We're here to receive Emily Rae Edwards and Emma Elaine Edwards." The woman said. "Receive?" Matt asked.

Emily and I hid behind the door.

She said my middle name, I didn't like that.

"Yes, we're with Child Services. We're here to receive them." She said.

"You can't receive people," Brian said butting in. "Well, we're here to pick them up." She said.

"Sorry, but they're not here." Matt said. "Guys, don't worry, she's legit." Johnny's voice said. Emily started to squirm.

"Don't," I warned her.

"Really, Johnny?" Brian said. "Yeah, I'm the one who brought them here." Johnny said. Emily squirmed out of my grip.

"Johnny!" She yelled.

I sighed. I walked over to the door.

"I presume you two are Emma and Emily?" She asked. "Yes," I said angrily.

I didn't like people like her. She was wearing a black suit. She had these glasses and her tight bun hair pulled back.

"I am to take you to your temporary home," she said.

I glared at her.

"This is our temporary home. Thank you for doing your job," I said.

I didn't like her at all, she sent me bad vibes.

"I'm sorry, but I am to transfer you to the Walker residence." She said. "We are fine at the Seward residence." Emily said.

"I'm afraid that, that isn't good enough." She said.

I kept on glaring at her. She kept a calm face, not letting any emotions come out of herself.

"I need you two to grab all of your belonging, and we need to leave now." She said. "We don't have anything with us that isn't already on us," Emily said.

Emily was hugging onto Johnny.

"Well, then we can leave now." The woman said walking away.

Emily and I followed her, hesitantly. Brian grabbed my arm.

"We'll be following you just in case," he whispered. "Thank you," I said hugging him.

I followed the woman to her green BMW. Emily and I sat down in the back seats.

The woman drove us to a fairly nice home. It was tan color home with flowers growing around it. There was an old lady and man, waiting at the front.

Emily and I got out of the car.

"We're the Walkers," Mrs. Walkers said smiling. "Emily," Emily said. "Emma," I said. "We're going to let you two stay in our children's old rooms." Mr. Walker said.

They looked like their children could already possibly have children. They led us to our rooms, where Emily and I fell asleep in.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me really happy.